Citrus + - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - July 1st Part 2

Fed-Kun's army
@Bobozaimee This chapter shows that Matsuri's the kind of person that never wants to admit when something bothers them, but when confronted about it, tries to play mental gymnastics and turn the whole situation around with skillful wordplay and questionable actions. Harumi's pretty much right about her; no one's going to know when she'll struggle with something if she keeps acting like that. Even the kiss was partly to try and show that what Harumi said didn't bother her when it in fact did. It also shows that Harumi does care about her a lot more than she may want to admit, but she also wants Matsuri to stop lying to herself about her troubles and acting like nothing's wrong because her tendency to act coy about her personal life and reactions to people questioning it ultimately does nothing but cause everyone who knows her to worry, especially Yuzu.

fuck yes this is what i was waiting for the entire time a new ship to set sail so now idgaf about the main girls ahjah

Aahhh, this is what I’ve always feared. At the risk of being hounded on, I’ll say I’ve never liked Matsuri, and I’d always hoped that this wasn’t a possibility. (Which is crazy to me! I’m almost always down for any ship.) 😂 I suppose my saving grace is Harumin’s lack of reaction, but that can be argued in any which way. Ah well.

Honestly this is 2nd character that I know who have the name Matsuri, that at first I really was just being all 'eeh she's a ok but whatever' kinda character for me since that's what my impression of her since the manga begins. and now... this chapter for me just showing me she may be the biggest troll to her friends and make that as her defence and once that defence is broken and breached she'd do anything throwing out everything to make that wall back up.

Almost like a certain glass canon that shares the same name.

but that aside, her interactions with her mom that shows how soft she is to her family is definitely my weakness to have for a character.

Never forget that Matsuri tried to get Mei raped by some old dude... never forget.

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't say this necessarily was a romantic gesture, Matsuri does tend to use aggressive flirting and skinship as a weapon after all. It does mean that Harumi got to her in a real way with what she said though so there's that I guess. Man, people like Matsuri that are super hard into mind games stress me out big time IRL 😂 Like, what are you ACTUALLY saying to me right now ?

Dex-chan lover
I definitely slept on Harumi in the original series. Now I'm like give me Harumi or give me death.

Dex-chan lover
I don't like Matsuri as a character much, and this chapter kind of reinforced that. She is the type of person who it would be horrible to be in a relationship with: self-interested, never expresses how she feels about anything, and smugly self-assured.

That is a super dangerous trifecta of emotional hurt for the other party.

Fed-Kun's army
Instead of the one true and only haruyuzu we get this petty excuse of a ship? Nah, thank you.

Rereading the chapter, there's a bunch of interesting bits of info that can be gleaned from the art.

As some have already mentioned, Sabu is pushing hard the notion of Matsuri and Harumin being foils of each other from the way she keeps drawing them in mirrored panels, like on page 12, a subtle way to let us know that they're more alike than they think. Another bit that caught my attention was how Matsuri's intent taking Harumin to her room was to probe if Harumin was there of her own volition (and thus, finally showing she cares about her) or if she was doing it to keep the facade of a model student. Initially, Harumin implied it was something she did for obligation leading to the very disappointed Matsuri of page 2. I'm convinced that Matsuri would've tried to pull a Mei and essentially assault Harumin to break her composure but the untimely arrival of her mom put an end to that plan. And finally, their discussion at the end led to both of them blushing at the other words before the big damn kiss. I don't think neither of them has blushed like that in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread