Class de 2 Banme ni Kawaii Onna no Ko to Tomodachi ni Natta - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Secret Friends

I could never understand what it actually means to "keep the relationship we're having a secret", especially in this case wherein it is their friendship. If they chose not to keep it a secret, does that mean they'll announce their newfound friendship to everyone? The next day they go to class, Asanagi just comes up to the podium, gets everyone's attention then announces that she's hereby friends with the loner weirdo Menhera? I doubt how their days onward would go about would be any different from how it plays out as it is right now even if they chose not to keep their friendship a secret. This is probably just typical anime/manga bs but please enlighten me if there's any real possible reason for this

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I could never understand what it actually means to "keep the relationship we're having a secret", especially in this case wherein it is their friendship. If they chose not to keep it a secret, does that mean they'll announce their newfound friendship to everyone? The next day they go to class, Asanagi just comes up to the podium, gets everyone's attention then announces that she's hereby friends with the loner weirdo Menhera? I doubt how their days onward would go about would be any different from how it plays out as it is right now even if they chose not to keep their friendship a secret. This is probably just typical anime/manga bs but please enlighten me if there's any real possible reason for this
That's a weird conclusion to draw from that. Why would they go up and announce it? There's no hidden meaning to keeping the relationship a secret, I don't see how you wouldn't understand what it meant.
No, keeping it a secret is obvious, they keep people from finding out. Simple as that. Not keeping it a secret is when they don't bother keeping people from finding out.

That's a weird conclusion to draw from that. Why would they go up and announce it? There's no hidden meaning to keeping the relationship a secret, I don't see how you wouldn't understand what it meant.
No, keeping it a secret is obvious, they keep people from finding out. Simple as that. Not keeping it a secret is when they don't bother keeping people from finding out.
It's hyperbole. But anyway when you put it that way I guess it makes sense, I tend to overthink things. The notion still hits me in a weird spot though

Dex-chan lover
It's hyperbole. But anyway when you put it that way I guess it makes sense, I tend to overthink things. The notion still hits me in a weird spot though
Well, as to why they want to keep it a secret. There are a couple of typical manga reasons why. Keep the guy from getting bullied by other jealous guys for being close with a popular girl. Keep her reputation from falling for whatever reason. And keeping rumors from spreading that they are in a relationship, which would make the other two reasons drastically worse.

And that's aside from it simply making things complicated for them.

Double-page supporter
Well kids, enjoy your awful pizza while you can. You can eat that kind of stuff when you're young, but when you're older those things will just kill you right away.

Double-page supporter
i can already see how this will lead to the mc not wanting to go out with her because he wants to keep their friendship or sum

Users who are viewing this thread