Class de 2 Banme ni Kawaii Onna no Ko to Tomodachi ni Natta - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Form Of Kindness

Dex-chan lover
So what's Umi's issue? Does she feel like inferior to Yuu, that's why she wanted to changed school, in order to avoid her? Like for instance, when Yuu defended Maki, Umi felt something like shame for not defending her friend, a friend she deliberately made, and unlike Yuu who seems at first just befriended Maki so he doesn't become lonely? Or when they played together, Umi was distant, seeing how Maki and Yuu were enjoying together, maybe she thought Yuu is stealing her friend away from her and dark thought like this made Umi feel bad?
That's how I see it. Also add in the fact Umi started to like Maki as more than a friend. Remember when Umi's mom mentioned boyfriend. Well Umi avoided the boyfriend convo completely, and instead told Maki to ignore what her mom was saying.

Aggregator gang
GIVE ME THE NEXT CHAPTER NOW!!!!!

I'm sorry... I didn't mean to be so demanding...
but i hope it gets translated soon

Contributor
So Umi didn't actually want to tell Yuu. I thought she was just putting it off, guess I was wrong. Her feelings are much stronger than I thought, and she was probably feeling threatened by Yuu's recent intrusions into their little private sessions.

It has been demonstrated before this, but I just want to point out again how Yuu is very perceptive. I just like seeing that in characters. Her snapping at the rumormongering boys was 👌

But that last page takes the damn cake! Man, the romance in this is hitting a lot harder than I expected.:thumbsup:

Group Leader
Maki: I... I feel like there's something big and hard pressing against my butt...
Um: That's because there is!
Upanhso.tk-32.gif

Dex-chan lover
Is there a subtlety I missed about Yuu's response in pg 20-21?

Dex-chan lover
Yuu intruded, she wasn’t invited, she shouldn’t have been there, she should be the one apologizing and yet. Even despite that, even knowing that, Umi can’t help but feel like she’s the one to blame for acting the way she did. She isn’t in the wrong, she has nothing to apologize for, she felt violated by someone she considered a close friend, all because of what? Curiosity?

It has to hurt a whole hell of a lot, especially when the guy you like can’t be all yours. She was only keeping up the foolish pretense of this being a secret relationship as though that really mattered, all because it meant she had him all to herself if even only for one day a week. Now that’s gone, even if she keep being with him alone every Friday, that won’t change the fact that the “secret” is out, and now the only person who she feels has the ability to take him from her knows.

Of course she would feel angry and down right unreasonable. She wasn’t mad at Yuu, not really, she was just mad at herself for being a coward unable to just admit her feelings and convey them properly. She said so herself after all. But just like Maki having the courage to overcome the one thing he was concerned about for her, now that she has no reason to keep it all a secret she is more than willing to express herself. Yuu was the only hang up she had, she was the one thing keeping her from revealing everything since even as it was, it felt to her as if she was slowly taking Maki from her.

Now that he showed the courage to act, she found it within her to act as well, it also probably helps that they’re alone once again.

Users who are viewing this thread