Cleopatra and the Iron Cross

Double-page supporter
As Italian and a WWII buff, I've never seen that Caproni plane, and after a Google search I'm not sure it ever existed. Not sure what the deal is with that German surface fleet, Italy had a larger one. I think this manga has some "what if" history scenarios it has yet to explain. As for the rest? Quite accurate, down to the relationship between German and Italian troops.

Dex-chan lover
sub saharans calling themselves egyptians is like if the chinese claimed to be russian just because they occupy the same continent.

@KriegGuardsman i dont think he's calling the aircraft a caproni, the unit is called caproni. It looks to have been modeled off of the Savoia-Marchetti SM79 as distinguished by the nose motor and the rear-facing hump above and just behind the cockpit.

I do agree that this seems to be set in an alternate "what if" world where things took a different turn, like for instance the semi-STOL aircraft as well as the literal ships of the desert.

quite an interesting manga so far with some good humor and accuracy in portraying some things.

Cleopatra and WW2 from the guy who made Women's Wrestling Wrestling-Harem-Orgy and the Office-Coworkers-Roommates-ExWife-Orgy hentai. Good Times!

Dex-chan lover
Manbe jouji back to serialization...
majikayo.png

this is the list of author works in the past :
-Kanojo de Ippai
-Rin x Mama
-Tail Chaser
-Makunouchi Deluxe

Double-page supporter
Yo I have seen that the comments seem to be debating just how dark skinned certain peoples in the Mediterranean are. As a Sicilian, I can tell you this manga's got it. Lieutenant Marco Antonio, while he seems to be on the extreme of the spectrum, definitely looks like a Southern Italian, meanwhile his officer seems to be from the North. It would be exciting if the mangaka nailed the dialect, but mangas about WW2 tend to be not good in fidelity so this one is already above average. Cleopatra's skin tone is definitely lighter than that of most of her people during her reign, and that's because she descended from one of the legendary Diadochii (Alexander the Great's successors), Ptolemeus, which means she's more Greek than Egyptian.

Dex-chan lover
@AlGarone Yep. The Ptolemaic line were in fact Greek Pharaohs. They even once fused Anubis with Hermes creating Hermanubis. I wish I was making this up.

Users who are viewing this thread