Codebase Migration to Nuxt 3

Professional lazy person
Staff
Developer
Site Update :win:
Hello all! We have been working hard this past month on migrating our codebase to Nuxt 3 and have finally reached a stable version. Due to the nature of this update, most changes will be behind the scenes and you shouldn't notice a significant difference between this version and the last.

That said, there have been various UI changes to better accommodate the addition of comments:
  • Chapters will now take up 3 rows instead of 2 on devices with small screens
  • One line chapter option has been adjusted so that it no longer follows a strict grid
  • Title and group pages now have a Comments tab
  • Mobile PWA reader changes:
    • The progress bar has been consolidated into one slider

A few quality of life features were also added:
  • Author titles can now be sorted on the author page
  • When editing titles, you now have the option to sync authors and artists
  • You can now see groups you're in under Groups > My Groups
  • Added a save button to the settings page
  • Added support for collapsible text in markdown

Full announcement here: http://mangadex.org/announcements#codebase-migration

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
UI translation when

979144321674674256.gif

Dex-chan lover
Nice. Can we have a link to the comments directly at the end of each chapter, instead of having to go back to the title view?

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Nice. Can we have a link to the comments directly at the end of each chapter, instead of having to go back to the title view?
Open the reader menu (click in the middle of the image/screen or press m (if the reader area is selected)) and it'll be around the middle

Fed-Kun's army
  1. Title page. "Comments" ought to be third: Chapters, Art, Comments, Related
  2. Pagination. Non-active page boxes have become much more hidden without the gray background color - please add it back in.
Any plans to add option [variant] for strict grid for 1 line chapter option ?
The new change makes it more "heavy" to read due to the compact design (I assume this is to make room for very long chapter titles) and forces your eyes to change focus when "scanning" thus more tiring.

Dex-chan lover
• Added a save button to the settings page

Doesn’t seem to be working – meaning the settings don’t seem to be restoring on a different device or if I close/reopen the browser. Need to manually populate my blacklists* every time.

*Btw, when do we get filtering by genre/demographic? That 25 group limit in blacklists ain’t nowhere near enough, and it’s not that usefull either since many groups work on multiple genres.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Doesn’t seem to be working – meaning the settings don’t seem to be restoring on a different device or if I close/reopen the browser. Need to manually populate my blacklists* every time.

*Btw, when do we get filtering by genre/demographic? That 25 group limit in blacklists ain’t nowhere near enough, and it’s not that usefull either since many groups work on multiple genres.
Settings are currently all saved locally so no syncing between devices yet (the close/reopen of same browser should have them so that might be something though)

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Chapters will now take up 3 rows instead of 2 on devices with small screens
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I assume this is referring to how the UI looks like when scrolling through the chapter page. So will there ever be an option in the future to select 2 rows again for devices with small screens? With the change everything just feels bunched together and slightly more annoying.

Staff
Super Moderator
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I assume this is referring to how the UI looks like when scrolling through the chapter page. So will there ever be an option in the future to select 2 rows again for devices with small screens? With the change everything just feels bunched together and slightly more annoying.
No, because two lines isn't sufficient to display all the chapter information and led to usernames/group names/chapter numbers being cut off.

Dex-chan lover
Nice written Announcement. :p
Most developers/staff have funny quotes, but only one doesn't: Fk you Plykia! Absolutely nope nope nope :sick:

• Thinking
Reactions: rdn
Double-page supporter
What's new browser requirements? My ancient firefox on ancient tablet doesn't load main site since update 😢

Staff
Super Moderator
What's new browser requirements? My ancient firefox on ancient tablet doesn't load main site since update 😢
Define "ancient"? 56 and prior never worked for v5, I don't know how much nuxt3 changed the requirements because people tend to actually update Firefox (if they're not holding out on 56, at least) - you're the first person I've seen with an older install.

Double-page supporter
Can't check it right now but 60-something (67/68/69 not sure). Last version before major UI redesign.

Staff
Super Moderator
Can't check it right now but 60-something (67/68/69 not sure). Last version before major UI redesign.
Three and a half years old, probably missing features we need.

Dex-chan lover
Is there still a setting to change the location of the progress bar? I've checked a few times and can't find it.

Users who are viewing this thread