Colette wa Shinu Koto ni Shita

Whats next will it be revealed that collette is actually a *gasp* demigod or somethimg cuz yknow she's human bro how will they have a happily ever after?

OMG thank you translator, uploader and teaaam! I really love this story development. Buut what if they ended in broken heart bexoz one is human and one is god.

Not really a spoiler? But I for anyone who's familiar with Greek mythology there's some obvious parallels here, just keep in mind that Colette can't eat the food of Heaven or the Underworld for a reason. I look forward to seeing how this develops. Who knows, it might move in a direction I'm not expecting!

Dex-chan lover
A young doctor is still probably in their mid 30s by the time they finish residency. Somehow I think the shoujo tropes kind of fall apart when you're dealing with a middle-aged woman. This is a point in life when being coy and naive about romance is not attractive. You're suppose to be seriously looking at marriage and kids.

Is she suppose to be Persephone?

@ironclad - dude, residency is a VERY new concept (widespread in the mid-1900s) to apply to a loose historical fiction/fantasy work where the doctors are mostly traveling physicians without hospitals to even “reside” in. i think it’s shown that most doctors, including her, learn via apprenticeship in this setting?

Dex-chan lover
@bugonia Ah but how could a woman learn medicine outside of the modern era? Also you're thinking of apothecaries which were trained via apprenticeship. Doctors went to college and we're basically reserved for scholarly nobles. The idea of a village doctor is an extremely modern concept, and before the 20th century you'd more likely find midwives, barber-surgeons, and if lucky whatever leadpills and snakeoil the apothecary kept in stock.

The entire premise falls on its face. She's Doogie Howser.

His smiling face is too cute 。・゚・(*ノД`*)・゚・。 pls have mercy on us

So, you know what persephone's name was before she was persephone? Kore.
And you know how r and l are kinda pronounced... the same? Interchangeable? Are one sound? In Japanese.
...you get where I'm going with this right?
Kore --> kole -->
Oh, and how the Japanese add -to or -o to like every word foreign to them?
Kole --> koletto --> colette

Users who are viewing this thread