Concerning the US Protests and Our Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supporter
@Greenfrost
What are you talking about? This is an absolute gold mine im dying laughing over here from all the salty ass comments about americans this or americans that I find them quite hilarious.

@Zephyrus

I find Tamerlane's suggestions for Buddhist reading excellent, but a bit overwhelming for an introduction - as he said himself :D

Here's a couple accessible options;

The absolute classic western introduction to Buddhism is Siddhartha - a fictional work that is fairly easy to get into and pretty quick reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhartha_(novel)

If you'd like some fun sci-fi there's Lords of Light - I re-read it couple years ago and it was still good :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_Light

--------------------------
Black Lives Matter

@murc Hey there, big guy.

A couple of things to note:

-Don't pretend that this is a human rights issue when in fact this started as racial thing. Calling it "human rights issue" now is pure revisionism when the rhetoric surrounding this BS is how minorities are disproportionally affected and sheer lunatic nonsense about systemic racism. Yes, police brutality is disgusting, but this isn't about police brutality now is it? It's about making "the wypipo" kneel to some criminal and ignore the salient facts that should unite all Americans regardless of colour or creed. All lives matter, but I guess black lives matter more?

-"Obviously looting is bad BUUUUTTTT...!" is one of the most of the most sickening utterances you could voice and you should stop excusing crime. If this is true for cops, then it is true for looters and vile murderers killing people for having the gall of wanting to protect property and family or for expressing opinions contrary to their own or for having a job that they find displeasing. Stop defending criminals, it isn't that hard.

-You keep saying "joggers", and because I assume we're all canine people here that act on Pavlovian conditioning, I... I just am more and more attracted to you... I understand what you're signalling now with your raw... your masculine... racism... and I find that so very attractive now that I recognise you as a fellow dogperson. It's not like "joggers" has a concrete meaning that one would wish to express in specific contexts, no, it's a "dog whistle" you see, one that apparently we all can hear.

-Bail funds are very much political. You're siding with a group of people and signalling your sympathy to their cause through financial means. You keep qualifying these people as "peaceful protesters" yet seldom do you seem to consider that police having to wear riot gear (huh, why is that?) and doing their job might have something to do with the fact that animals are burning down property and not being very "peaceful".

Indeed no one is forcing anyone to hear more Pin Floyd, but at some point you just become fed up with all the hypocrisy and people "having to talk about the "elephant" in the room" to express the correct™ opinions™ while totally being neutral™. And yeah, if you said that I shouldn't care then you would be correct, but I'm just a humble equal opportunity troll with a big dick, you know? So this kind of scenario where there are people claiming unironically that violent riots and destruction of property is somehow objectively better than a couple of cops sucking at their job and making this such a big deal that thousands of people overseas protest about something that doesn't even concerns them nationally, then yes, I think every one was publicly invited to share their correct™ opinions™ on neutral™ threads about something wholly unrelated to their political reality. Even us big dick trolls, you know? We also jog through the forums and read animey and mangu.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Kanami-chan
If you don't understand why I warned against and then infracted users for calling the protests and their origin entertainment, then I will happily explain again: the origin of the protests is, of course, the death of George Floyd, who was killed by a cop while unarmed and subdued. Over the course of the protests, the majority of them peaceful, many have been injured and several have died.

Stating that you find the death and suffering of others to be entertaining and that you hope it continues is a blatant violation of Be Civil. If I take pleasure in anything, it's showing rule breakers in this particular thread that no, you really don't get to have a callous disregard for life and MD's rules and not get called out for it.

You're more than welcome to take it up with the admins but I'm confident they will agree with or at least understand my reasoning.

@Plykiya, Ok, so they blocked the subway, which is one form of transportation. Have they blocked cars, motorcycles, scooters, bikes ect. I can only assume they blocked the subway to keep rioters and vandals out during the "protest". The last thing new york needs is a destroyed subway system. A lot of people are probably reliant on it. I don't live in a cesspool like new york and don't plan too anytime soon. Again the curfew is dumb.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, I'm here on MangaDex for the gender bender and yuri nonsense, plus the relatively fast page loads.

You should know you're a piece of shit when you refer to systemic racism and police brutality as politics. Black lives matter.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for making MD's stance on the current world issues a neutral one. Like others have pointed out, there seems to be a little bit of personal opinions leaking through but that's how humans are so I don't really mind it. I'm surprised and somewhat impressed at the low number of moderated comments in this thread, it went much better for you than I expected after reading the opening post. Good job and thank you for creating a containment zone to keep the rest of the site clean of people's political opinions (I'm not being sarcastic even if it might look like sarcasm).

Dex-chan lover
Its real concentrated syrup of clown world in the USA.I'm with the dead dude and blm shit but blacks need to do some house cleaning, preferably by double tapping their own violent unrepentant ******* with miles long rap sheet. Its the weekend and time to see another PEACEFUL PROTEST yall.

Case in point:
Police brutality bad.
Riots bad.
Mass public gathering right now bad.
Life good.

Do as the Japanese in Tokyo do. Stay away from each other, avoid contact, mask up, and be aware of what you are touching.

Dex-chan lover
What about electing cats as polticians, is that allowed? The world woukd be so much of a better place...

n4uj94k6utf31.jpg

Group Leader
You lads should know better. Edgy posts don't win you any prizes but the shitty ones from me. Take two weeks off from commenting.

Your silence will be entertaining!

OK... What the fuck...!? I am not really a big fan of that kind of comments, especially Rapeman who already had an infamous reputation on the site recently, but nothing they said was too overboard that you needed to ban their ability to comment. You need to sit back and cool off. This site isn't just used by Americans, so when people from other countries look at the situation in the US, they're telling you exactly what they think. They're not bounded by any political correctness pressure or whatsoever. What you are doing is dangerously close to being a CCP-copycat. Don't just censor what people say because they hurt your feelings.

If this protest was just about police brutality, then it wouldn't have been this insane. No. The fact is that some smartass turned this into a race issue when it didn't need to be, thanks to a certain group of people pushing the victim mentality on to a certain race. If this was really about police brutality, there would have been no need to change a street name to BLM. Again, the whole movement reeks of lies and hypocrisy. You repeat a lie a dozen times and some poor ignorant sod would believe it. If the dude was white, would black people have been this angry? Would there be any protest? What if the races were reversed? You think your life matters? Then act like it does. And remind the black criminals as well to stop shooting their own people.

Every country has own problems. Why should we all care about USA?

Thank you mangadex for being a place to escape from problems, even if for a moment.

brave of the mangadex staff to assume we all read romcoms and isekais

#lives-that-dont-read-isekais-or-romcoms-matter

for another thing, well the us police did punch the journalists of other countries, while their cameras were running to boot. The US ambassador apologized for it, but trump is like "it was self defense!"???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Americans should realize their obsession with multiracial integration is nothing new. Every empire in history has dealt with it. All the way from the Sumero-Akkadian to the Ottoman. It's not the first riot and it won't be the last. And the policemen are not going to suddenly become blind to which race is most likely to be a danger to them just because someone kneeled or faked crying.
The real news is how this is going to be used in the political struggle for the leadership of the west. Meanwhile riots and racial tensions are going to continue indefinitely until someone in the west opens a history book. Turkey and China did so very recently and came to the realization old methods work best, for instance.

Dex-chan lover
What the heck have joggers got to do with anything in this whole issue? A jogger is a person who practices jogging. Jogging is running slowly, long distance for exercise. This is what the Cambridge online dictionary for the English language and Merriam-Webster for the American English language say. That's it. Does using weird code language make one hip or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread