Concerning the US Protests and Our Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
Honestly, as I brought up in this thread, Ralph Ellison kinda predicted this. And I'm not saying that because Invisible Man is one of my favorite novels and I can relate to it thematically in a lot of ways.

I feel like Ellison was really insightful to how situations like this develop and how it just ends up with confusion and destruction more than anything productive or helpful to society. People get emotional and small actions escalate gradually until everyone who has their own agendas jump onto it and create chaos to further their own means, and the cause of the incident is lost in all the infighting, squabbling and just chaos of the situation.

I kinda feel like we should have him tried first because I kinda think that a crime is a crime regardless of who you're doing it to. If his intentions were racial, then he's a shitty person and he should be persecuted to the full extent of the law, but he does have a right to defend himself. Technically, we still haven't heard his side of the story in any official sense or widely publicized sense, and while I think that what he did was wrong, he might have some amazing defense that we don't know about. @Kujo_Dolphiro

Dex-chan lover
but those guys need to stay healthy with that much of salt intake, which lead to thickening your blood and failure to several organs which might lead to incapability of making sound arguments.

my only wish for everyone is to stay healthy
so you guys can take your own problem up to your arse and fuck off

Dex-chan lover
Nah, I'm just a filthy alt-centrist (I technically identify more as a social liberal/hippie but those seem to be a dying breed.)

Live your life in the center of the circle, duderinos. Take the shrimp-pill and yeet yourself into the void. @RCcola33

Aggregator gang
The ability to ignore racism is a luxury that minorities do not have and by excerzing it you take the side of the oppressor

Group Leader
Zephyrus, you're obviously very biased on this issue.
And you're way too overemotional and think you're morally suprerior as a person.
You just "moderate" any comments that are against your value. And I've seen you doing this in bunch of other threads too. For years.
Not entertainment? Who are you to decide? Jesus? You just can't accept that non-Americans have completely different perspectice than Americans on this issue.

You are seriously UNFIT to be a moderator. Please kindly resign. I'm calling the upper management. @ixlone @holo

Dex-chan lover
@Zephyrus
Shame. Seething /pol/tards are very entertaining. Especially when they can't use their favorite words.

@Tamerlane
My point is, why do people start debate in the first place? Why they search for a peaceful solution? Why they try to find a compromise rather than ignore the other party? Violence isn't the answer, but it's loud, forces to see the sufferings of others and can often push people to pursue better outcomes. Besides, we don't get to choose between a civil discord and this shitshow. So, might as well take a good look and try to make sure we won't end up in this situation again.

Aggregator gang
MD: Starts thread saying we gonna be neutral and noone insert political bias in scanlation
Me: Thank god
MD: also leaves thread open and furthermore leaves clear political bias towards certain groups that still have shaky history
Me:*faceplants into desk cause can see where it is going and seen some results of it*
Me:MD why do you do this? Just say the first part and dont get anymore shit in to stay neutral. Please I beg you for everyone's sanity in hopes it doesnt devolve in shitstorms seen on twitter.

Aggregator gang
Of all the places I thought would berate me over politics, I sure as hell thought Mangadex would be one of them. Kudos to you, really.

Also, officer Chauvin didn't kill George Floyd; he died at the hospital because he had too much meth and fentanyl in his body. As with Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown; the whole movement is based on a lie. All protesters are an embarrassment, looting/killing or not.

Dex-chan lover
https://youtu.be/vCHUhxGbIZw?t=193
opener of the thread should REALLY remove the bail fund link. that's subtle endorsement of rioting and NOT of peaceful protesting.

that said it is very sad that what those corrupt cops did, but rioting is absolutely not the right way to deal with this crap.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@loshi1505 If you've been watching the news lately, there are tons of peaceful protesters being arrested. This isn't aimed at rioters and looters at all.
There've been dozens of news stories posted about the police intentionally denying peaceful protesters transportation while curfew rolls around and the police are hiding in wait to arrest people once it passes. Not to mention all the people who've been arrested for just talking to the police even if they support them. There's no limit to the lack of justification they're using to arrest people lately, and the bail funds are aimed to help all of these random unjustified or unfair arrests.

Dex-chan lover
@Snakeykid1

The best response I can give are the last words of the Grandfather in Invisible Man.

"Son, after I'm gone I want you to keep upthe good fight. I never told you, but our life is a war and I have been a traitor all my born days, a spy in the enemy's country ever since I give up my gun back in the Reconstruction. Live with your head in the lion's mouth. I want you to overcome 'em with yeses, undermine 'em with grins, agree 'em
to death and destruction, let 'em swoller you till they vomit or bust wide open."

The best way to overcome adversity is to strive through it. Perhaps it's the Buddhist in me, but I believe that life is prone to suffering and we all have our crosses to carry. I believe that the best way to endure these trials is to first find peace within yourself and realize that superficiality and arbitrary things like your race, gender, sex, etc. are all insignificant and above all, you are yourself. These traits don't define you, and you are an individual. Your body is merely a vessel, and you are more than the sum of your parts, both in terms of environment, genetics, epigenetics, nature, and nurture. Forgo the need to be what you're not and the pressures others place on you and be content with who you are, and fulfillment will overcome anything life throws your way.

@Halo
My point was not that no action should ever be taken, but that there are times where situations will resolve themselves, and that people tend to overcomplicate things. Taoists have the concept of "Wu Wei," or action by non-action, in which you let events run their natural course, let the people do their jobs and most problems will resolve themselves with minimal need for intervention, unless other human intervention makes such processes difficult. (Ties back into the three treasures of Daoism: Patience, Simplicity, and Compassion.)

It is when humans intervene too much with one another or try to change their nature that destruction tends to happen in the Taoist view.

Granted, I don't 100% subscribe to this notion myself, but I think there is merit in it, and I see that much, much less suffering would have happened if people weren't so quick to act in this case. Rioting, looting, and destroying property only will damage the local economy and bring harm onto others, and will solve nothing in regards to police brutality or to fixing the issues we have in the modern era. Violence only makes those who are more able to enforce their will more powerful and polarizes people rather than unites them.

Also, do have individual responsibilities not to engage in behavior that would harm your fellow man. Not to immediately harm one another and to try and be civil. It's part of the social contract people have with one another more than anything, a committed understanding that people will treat one another in a certain way.

As long as they don't go full ResetEra we're good. And seeing the mods, I don't think they'll do that. We just should keep in eye so only those who uncontestedly break the rules get their posts deleted. @Arkos

I think that's part of the problem is that people are sacred. There's no telling how people will respond under stress and that makes much more violence happen by both police officers and protesters than they should. Keep in mind that these are officers, not soldiers. They aren't trained for mass violence or to handle this level of stress, and when you're understaffed and overworked, I can imagine a lot more incidents can happen. (Not to excuse the behavior, as they should still be charge for harming innocents. However, what I'm trying to point out is that these people aren't monsters and that they're human just like you and me...Well maybe just you.) There's always good and bad people on both sides and it's when civil order breaks down is when good people can do some very, very bad things. @Plykiya

To be fair, there'd probably be counter-protesters arrested, too and people who may have not done anything wrong. Hence why you could argue it's neutral to have bail fund because it's not endorsing funding bail for anyone individual specifically. @loshi1505

This is probably just my own biases, but I'll wait a few weeks until things die down for information to come out. I'm treating everything published by anyone with a healthy dose of skepticism due to the political biases at play. @bambou1991

Dex-chan lover
@Arkos, my thoughts exactly ... at least it wasnt a "We at [Brand] are committed to fighting injustice by..." on a black background with white letters.

I dont see the point of this, this is within the existing rules and I am sure @Zephyrus being the neutral unbiased moderator he is would enforce the rules with his known impartiality, unless there was a flood of comments that warrant such a announcement that I wasnt aware of (I dont exactly visit the forums).

Oh and @Tamerlane, I do wish to thank you for making me understand where "Rent Free" come from.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane, this line ... No, his mind is not for rent -"Tom Sawyer," Rush as I assuming its based were the whole "Rent Free" comes from even if I could be wrong about it.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, "Living Rent Free in your head" is an idiom to say "Always on your mind in a paranoid way."

"Rent free" just means "doesn't have to pay," so it just put two and two together.

The Rush song isn't related to it, because it's talking about ideologies. Rush are weirdly kinda left-wing pseudo-objectivists depending on the era. They are great though. @Exile

Aggregator gang
@Exile Dear god lord I especially hate certain damn brands if not a lot of them for being virtue signaling brownie points digging moral fag hypocrites on twitter when they have their toes dipped in the exact same shit the protests or similar events are against in which they ignore, profit from, and/or are directly complicit in. I am just tired of all the hypocrisy and madness. I get disgusted by the police brutality but the second I bring about how the looting or rioting is bad I get called a racist or something on twitter. If I bring up this might only be police brutality and not systemic racism we need to make efforts to fix it but again I am called racist on twitter. I bring up that I can't support BLM because I think they are hypocrites and need to get the bad elements out leading the rioting and other bad things and also how ANTIFA is making things worse again I get called racist on twitter. I say social media and MSM seem to sensationalize only certain incidents to inflame tensions and again I get called racist or whatever. I am just tired wanted to read some manga on MD and then I got the bright idea to to come this forum post and further give out grievances and lower my sanity points. I just want people to think a bit more on certain groups to support and investigate if they are being shitty, be a bit more civil and not burn down the damn neighborhood of those not involved in horrible incidents, and can we seriously try to talk more without throwing the "You are bad term" around. Granted it seems to be civil now but still I seeing warnings signs here and there but might be my paranoia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread