Concerning the US Protests and Our Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
No lives matter.

All rights matter.

These riots convinced me to get a gun, and I'm not even American.

Dex-chan lover
@Edixo guns are overrated.
vp5FmUm.png

Double-page supporter
@Halo You seem to be implying my walls aren't already lined with melee weaponry.

Fed-Kun's army
@edixo Youve got half the motto right. its No Lives Matter, and You have no rights.
Because like George Carlin said, "Rights arent rights if somebody can take them away, theyre privileges"

Contributor
40 years ago, this was how American Police were viewed in other nations:

American-Police.jpg

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGE OF POLICE ATTACKING AN UNARMED INDIVIDUAL OF AFRICAN DESCENT
policebrutality.png

I just found it kinda funny that here in Norway where we have some of the most milktoast police in the entire world, where we send criminals out to what basically is vacation islands and police aren't even allowed to carry guns on a day to day basis (locked in their cars) and we suddenly have all these protests going on about how we should fuck the police and they're oppressive towards black people. Kinda reminds me of the time they bitched about Sweden's inherited sin of colonialism and need to pay back the black community where IIRC Sweden owned a village of like 1500 over in Africa, lol.

Normally I'd just find this tragicomical but it all turns into spite when thinking about the damage they cause with COVID by doing it. I've said since before the protests even started that I think it's selfish that young people are out living their lives normally and doing their social activities as usual since even if you yourself are unlikely to get any issues by getting covid you could spread it to others which in turn might spread it to old people who then die from it, making you indirectly contributing towards killing people. So what I think about thousands huddling up in the street not just protesting but looting, burning, pillaging and in some cases even murdering does not need to be said.

There are some very incompetent policemen, many in the US more than a lot of other countries and the way you solve that is by increasing their pay to make more proficient individuals get into that line of work, you heighten the demands on the police education and I'd say add some competition to it rather than keeping it as a state monopoly. Looting, pillaging and spreading violence is not the way to solve police brutality, and couple it with that more white people end up being shot by policemen when they're arrested at gunpoint than black people it feels like all of this is just an excuse to act however they want, trying to justify it to themselves and others and blaming any personal fallacy they might have on ''structural racism'' and what not.

No matter who is ''right'' or ''wrong'' in their opinions on this, no matter if it's me who is wrong or someone else I think that nothing good has ever come from identity politics no matter who does it. Racial tensions/division increased during the Obama era, it is rising and will continue to rise during the Trump era and it will likely continue as long as the media remains the way it is. I think the biggest casualty in all this is black people who live honest lives, don't commit crime and don't want to be associated with the rioters in BLM but will end up dragged into the conflict anyway since these groups have a tendency to claim they represent the entirety of their groups and speaking on their behalf. It's the same way in Sweden and Norway that every time you try to talk about not wanting criminal immigrants coming here/immigrants that just live on welfare then the media/offended groups drag in immigrants who are behaving in the line of fire and try to collectivize them when the two groups couldnt be further from each other.

I've liked the majority of black people I've met but I think that a large part of the population in the west (if not a majority) doesn't have the intellectual capacity to judge people as individuals but have to group people into genders, colors, sexuality etc and having maybe the worst ~10% of the black population out rioting will just make them think less of the group as whole.

Good video with Morgan Freeman on the issue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcLj2CVC1VU

Dex-chan lover
Group Mentality is a scary thing especially where there is a common enemy. With the "if your not with us, you are against us" mentality; reasoning with them would be the same as objecting to them thus you would also be an "enemy" similar to how some cults used to befriended people they liked and killed those they didn't and if someone they like object to them they would either abduct to convert them or kill them because they are the enemy.

Ironically similar to how racism works and most other forms of radical discrimmination.

@tamerlane finally actually read your wall of test. Any short reason why its between 4-6%? Also are there any changes depending on the amount of benefits given to the unemployed?

Dex-chan lover
@Teddy I don't have a solid answer for that because I have just taken a single 12-week class on Macroeconomics, but from my understanding it's just what economists has obeserved as being sustainable. It can't be lower for prolonged periods of time because of structural and frictional unemployment always being factors in the market, but it can be higher, but that's bad for obvious reasons and is unsustainable for an economy.

Keep in mind that it doesn't include underemployed people, or people working below their actual abilities or skills, and "unemployment" only refers to people without a job who are still seeking one. (IE people who are retired, in military, or are not seeking employment are not considered "unemployed" in terms of economics.)

From my memory, the issue is that unemployment benefits is a catch-22, in that even if it does disincentivize people from getting a job, in the long run it tends to lead to people getting jobs they are more qualified for and fits their set of skills and talents better, but it also means that people will go for longer without jobs. However, that doesn't usually affect the unemployment rate too much because those people are either looking for jobs and will eventually find them or are not actually looking for jobs but will take one if it fits their skills, or if it pays better than unemployment benefits.

@Justforthelulz
Would you take the MovieBob Challenge?
EYqPF7KXYAAin4U.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Elbow
you heighten the demands on the police education and I'd say add some competition to it rather than keeping it as a state monopoly.
Except, that doesn't work in the US where police unions have governments by the balls. Any suggestions and propositions that can make the job harder and set accountability are met with these assholes staging protests on their own. In 1992, ten thousand cops protested against an independent civilian agency to investigate police misconduct.
Nothing really changed from that time. Just last year New York cops decided to "take it a step slower" because a judge recommended to fire a cop that killed Eric Garner. And it worked, took 5 years to fire the guy. Or how about last week when Cuomo criticized NYPD for their feeble response to riots and looting, and day after he issued an apology. This is just one city.

But even though judicial system doesn't work, laws don't apply, politicians don't and won't do shit, and voting having nothing to do with it, I still can't fathom just why people would riot and loot instead of holding hands and singing kumbaya.

😀Guys why don't we go comment all this subject on nhentai. they allowed the comments again😀

See you next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread