Confession Series - Ch. 9 - I made a lot of effort to make it

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't this mean "I Brought Home a Succubus Who Failed to Find a Job" and it's hentai side-story need to be added as shared universes?

Power Uploader
@zzetal No, because every chapter in this manga is a different story about confession, so even if the mangaka put the confession from his other works, we can't add them as side story

Dex-chan lover
>Succubi is the same as the one from the other series

Nice

Also I find it funny that her first imagine of a Succubi looks like Marceline, a vampire

Fed-Kun's army
@Simpleton yeah bro, I know haha I think everyone knows tbh - I just dont like that that's the way things are.
The whole genre needs to Chad up a bit - exactly like this stud does right here hahaha

Dex-chan lover
@StaK

The whole genre needs to Chad up a bit - exactly like this stud does right here hahaha

Eh, some do it pretty well, like Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu, but yea there are soo maany weak excuses out there. And all those people giving up because "oh, some noise disturbed me, now I will never manage to get the courage to say this again", without acknowledging that just having managed to dare once is basically the main challenge. Doing something again is always easier, except for Manga peeps. XD

Fed-Kun's army
@Simpleton lol agreed, all very true.
I hate seeing these characters (both genders) fail to express their emotions enough or fail to take action when it matters - most of all for some dumb reason (sometimes infuriatingly dumb like "well this one thing once went poorly for me a decade ago so now Im traumatized for life"). I want them all to collectively grow a pair and start being bold & emotionally intelligent.

(Although I cant speak to the Boku no koko thing, as I've never read it - seemed a bit angsty to me)

Dex-chan lover
@StaK
I want them all to collectively grow a pair and start being bold & emotionally intelligent.

I'm fine with some differences and personalities between MC, but if they are complete idiots I don't want to read a romance with them, and if they are not complete idiots I don't particularly like when they suddenly pick up the idiot ball and run away to never come back. (Except when any whiff of threatening romance is over, when they suddenly return to normalcy.)

Boku no koko is one of another class of manga that is almost as common - the one where the first 3-4 episodes set a tone that is then lost in favor of something else. (Or at least gets skewed away into something notably different. And some of those are pretty good, like Boku no koko that has a very nice teen romance with imo better handling of the different problems. Also the author did a very nice and smart move after a while by making twitter episodes set apparently half a year into the future, so the 'trying to find a romance' drama gets some interspersed 'ooo, they're basically a couple already' slices which also helps one to forgive their current problems, since 'oh, it'll work out sooner or later, or so it seems'.

(A couple other stories that start out seeming one way but then snags you with their storytelling ways are Rokudou no Onna-tachi, and the possibly infamous Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - which I thought would be the worst isekai story ever, but within a few chapters it managed to subvert my expectations excellently.)

Dex-chan lover
@StaK I highly recommend Boku no Koko.
The boy is edgy because he's a teenaged boy with an emo disposition, but that's his personality that quickly shifts off the focus and the main story is mostly about a stupid fluffy adolescent romance. Also, he sometimes has really refreshing moments of maturity and emotional intelligence. If you've read Kubo-san wa Mobu, it's a similar feel(if you haven't, I recommend that too).

Dex-chan lover
I find this series looks very similar to "Today Once Again, the Assassin Cannot Win Against the Girl He Picked Up!"

Users who are viewing this thread