Control

holy shit nigga good start
how is this realted to burning effect though
is this really a prequel and not just the same author?

Group Leader
@bingbingmeup

Yes. It's 100% a prequel to burning effect.

Y shows up here shortly. Plus the series already mentions the world of graymark passively. I won't spoil you more than that here. The synopsis is pinned in my discord's raw-spoilers channel.

Dex-chan lover
This feel like some sort of cosmic horror. It’s unsettling.

At least the panels aren’t gifs. That would make it 10X’s worse

theres something strange, in the neighborhood
who ya gonna call, GHOST BUSTERSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ this is uncomfortable to read.

In a good way

I really am curious to see if the authors art style changes as the comic goes on and see it become more and more like burning effect

wonder how all the shit about abnormals comes up, and how the world is annihilated by those weird shadow guys, if this is a prequel to burning effect.

This is literally like the worst nightmare. You are the sole person in a city thats sane and everyone else is fucked in the head by some devilish otherworldly creatures of the nether realm

Contributor
An AniList page has been made for this.
https://anilist.co/manga/122660/Jibae/

Even if it hasn't finished being scantalated yet, there's some pretty obvious connections to Burning effect and some speculations

The psychic girl is Y, we see Y right after the disaster that destroyed humanity in burning effect and she looks exactly like the Psychic girl. We also have the passing down of the old guy's knowledge to her. She probably gets impregnated by an alien (when she got captured probably) and gave birth to Bear

The promised day is probably the return of the alien, Y tells Bear that he has to go fight the aliens and Y has stated that his/her goal is humanities survival.

The MC is probably Kai's ancestor since he's referred to as the king by the aliens

This is a pretty good story and a much better horror story than most.
As for the sexual assault tag, its not the really bad kind but its not handled particularly tastefully

I started with Burning Effect First, and stumbled upon this after catching all the way up.

The connections between these 2 thus far are veeery interesting, and I cant wait until Both reveal more.

Users who are viewing this thread