Correct the threshold of max. chapters shown on a manga page from 2159 to 100 (or customizable) [Already Implemented]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I click on a manga with more than 100 chapters, it unfortunately takes some time to load. And when it's finished this website often gets overloaded for quite a few seconds (depending on the number of chapters listed), making MD pretty much unresponsive. You seem to have set the threshold of chapters loaded to 2159 (as seen on "Martial Peak"). But I'd suggest loading only 50-100 chapters of a manga (maybe even make it customizable in the settings?). And maybe even better, don't refer to the number of chapters with these numbers, but rather to the number of total entries (i.e. the number 5 for a chapter where 5 different versions of it are listed).

Or do you already have a way to solve this issue?

Dex-chan lover
There's already an "Items per page" section in the settings
Unless that's not what you're talking about (in that case I don't understand.)

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
The site loads a maximum of 500 chapters at a time, based on your items per page/list multiplier values. No clue where you're getting 2159 from. Tune the settings to whatever you want, based on your tolerance for initial page load time.

Ah, that's what was meant with that setting. I, unfortunately, didn't really understand what it meant. Thanks for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread