Crazy Food Truck

orp

Kind of hilarious how people flocked to this fairly mediocre title. This whole post-apoc fanservice-y action thing has been a staple of western comic books for many decades. It's pretty much the isekai of comics. But this one is made by a Japanese guy so it managed to penetrate your media bubble, lol.

@orp
I kinda get where you are coming from, but then again, I don't. You are right that we are reading this because it came up on our radar and sure the basic idea may be a little cliche, but that doesn't mean it's mediocre. The author took an idea and put his own spin on it to make an amazing series about an amazing chef running from the army in a food truck that may or may not be a literal tank. What you are talking about is like comparing the Green Lantern movie to the original Batman trilogy (CFT is Batman in this analogy). They are both superhero films, but you have to give one credit for being a whole lot better than the other.

orp

@Rydt
'Amazing' is debatable, but whatever.

Rather than comparing specific movies, what I'm talking about is comparing a single title, which is not necessarily terrible - 'mediocre' is not terrible - to an entire genre. And that's might not be a fair comparison, but you see my point: not only there's better stuff out there, there's a lot, literally decades' worth of better stuff out there. I'm not even a huge fan of that, but I'm at least aware it exists.

Pretty sure there's like 10 chapters out, no idea why it isn't being scanlated anymore, especially after the main group told us to buy the manga or it'd be cancelled.

@orp
I've only been reading because I really really liked chapter 1, but yeah this has become a generic western movie plot just extended, feels a ton like the fifth element to me but a bit less over the top.

It's been done before. No one seems to have any new ideas, they just remake the old again and again and...

Lmao i don't know y'all but in this era where anime can be categorized as hentai now or the other way around, the lack of originality can be perceived as common now. I guess unique concepts are running out now because most of it were served. You just need to put a twist than can separate your idea from the generic and common. Or you can wait for another world war for another batch of ideas, that well, classifies as "original."

Dex-chan lover
I like this, it’s trying to be dungeon meshi, but instead of fantasy, it’s post apocalyptic sci-fi, and instead of just comedy, there’s some ecchi thrown in

Enjoying this a lot so far! Arisa is cute af. Gordon best post-apocalyptic heavily armed chef father figure.

Users who are viewing this thread