Creepy Cat - Vol. 3 Ch. 297 - True Culprit

Dex-chan lover
>all those people completely shitting on Oscar earlier
Poor guy. That's why it's not a bad thing to not rush to conclusions and judgement over a tiny slice of someone's life.

>now claiming that it's "backtracking" for him not to be the literal devil
>we were actually right all along, it's the author who is wrong!
Whew.

Oscar still isn't very likeable to me, he is a creepy stalker who only puts his feelings first.

The way people are acting, you'd think Oscar raped Flora or something.

Fed-Kun's army
I dont hate Oscar, he is weird sometimes but was is not in this series XD. At least he saw it was wrong.

In this manga, Oscar acts like a dumb kid hiding a book of drawings (but he realizes his mistake and decides to go back to his footsteps) but the way it looks is so-so: "IMPERDONABILE! HE 'S GONNA DIE!"

In other mangas the ml kill, rape, and destroy the lives of dozens of other people but they are designed cool&hot: "But it has its reasons to be so, as a child they have stolen his snack and therefore has the right to revenge against the whole world. And it’s so cool!"

... ok.

Lolol I don’t get the Oscar hate— even if he did torment her he’s still just a dumb teenager who feels remorse

His attitude as an adult is obviously for laughs, idk why ppl would even bother to take it so seriously lol

Dex-chan lover
@Sameshark
The "hate" for Oscar stems from his behavior since the start of the series, which is that of an ENORMOUS stalker. His childhood flashbacks only helped strengthen that hate, for a while. The majority of you who do not understand that one point staggers me.
Seriously, think back about Oscar. He's the comic relief clown of the story, and he keeps going after the MC even after she repeatedly told him No. Why wouldn't anyone "hate" him?

From my POV, I don't even understand what is the point of this arc. Are we supposed to feel better about Oscar now? Is his stalker-like tendencies now moot, because "oh he was actually a sad teen, not an asshole one"? None of that makes any sense, and nothing about that even matters about our opinions about Oscar. It could've only made me think worse about him, not any better.
Oscar is still a useless character that's just there for no particular reason at all.
If the author wanted to redeem Oscar, they should've gone about it completely differently, like actually have Oscar realize that Flora doesn't like him, and pine for greener pastures. Actually develop as a character. Do something else, other than obsess about the protagonist.

@zanonyn
Not sure about "back-tracking", but it is seemingly redundant. It feels like this entire arc is just about the art-book, and even if Flora will realize that Oscar had not stolen her book, it wouldn't make their relationship go anywhere. Just go and read what Georg-Prime wrote.
Ya'll are exaggerating this shit way too much. I really dislike Oscar as a character, but nobody here made him to be the anti-christ.

Looks like some people are taking this comic wayyyy too seriously...

Sheesh, people, chill. 2ndly if you can’t forgive this stupid of a thing, then you got other things to worry about...

Supporter
@Solipsist
I decided to read form the start to be sure but where does the massive stalker part come in? He’s a dude who’s interested in a girl and what’s to get to know her so he tries to get a common interest. He asked her out once she said she wasn’t interested but she didn’t hate him. She is willing to call him and ask him for help if needed and were at the least friendly before the whole book misunderstanding. She has only rejected him once and when he asked her if she wanted to go to the amusement park together, she accepted. The only stalker like thing he has done is the one with the vampire hotel and that is because of the vampire attacks on the guests.

The rest of the times he popped up around her was because he was working or being lead around by Creep Cats which lead to them bumping into each other.

As for this arc it is about all three of them and what happened in their high school. The red headed witch is the bad guy and her scheming was part of the reason they have bad blood. It is not just about him but it explains what happened because all these things are related.

Also keep in mind that Oscar was introduced within the first 5 pages. He is the deuteragonist of this story.

Her finding out he didn’t steal her book or destroy it will make her not hate him and they can return to where they were before the misunderstanding occurred; be it friends or what have you.

Supporter
@Himatago99
What did he do except steal a book realise that he was being an idiot and put it away to return it later?

@Nimroth
What stalker tendencies? He only did it once with the vampire hotel and that was also because said vampire was feeding on guests.

@Groomp
Nahh even Griffith was this evil. He’s irredeemable.

Dex-chan lover
@Sleepii
I don't feel like re-reading these 200 or so pages, so I can say that while reading the story, I kept saying to myself: "Oscar, give up already, she's not into you."
Calling him a massive stalker may had been a stretch, I'll give you that. He's not even a villain, just a pain in the ass...And while this flashback shows that Oscar had nothing to do with "destroying her book", I don't feel like that should subvert anything. The way Flora views Oscar, or anyone else for that matter, is like a foreign entity that is sometimes convenient or fun. Her only actual focus is her work, and creepycat.

Honestly, this entire "Art Book" arc is really unnecessary. It just comes off as a random asspull the author came up with to generate plot, and to focus on really unnecessary things...
Instead of trying to redeem Oscar by inventing the reason why Flora was disinterested in him the entire story, it'd have been better if Oscar just had an arc to better himself, in which he'd do pretty much anything but leech on Flora for screen time.
I don't even hate Oscar as a character, I just want him to stop circling around Flora.

Users who are viewing this thread