Creepy Cat

okay, the fact that baldy followed her all the way to that hotel/resort thing and CLIMBED IN THROUGH HER FUCKING WINDOW wasn’t cute or funny, that was fucking messed up. he’s even worse than the vampire. is this just twilight with a weird cat?

Dex-chan lover
@pyrolynx71
And then, it becomes even sadder / weirder, when you do seriously consider her relationship with the cat.
She takes it everywhere, she talks to it constantly, her entire life essentially revolves around this cat.

She's basically one step shy of becoming a crazy cat lady, and she's "just shy" because the cat seems to be sapient.
The guy really needs to give up on the MC, I can't even imagine going after someone who is THIS obsessed with their "pet" and themselves. It was funny at first, but it's just going from sad to irksome at this point.

I swear, I get some new fish and everything I see is about fish.

I bmgot 1 pleco and 3 ottos, all suckerfish.

Group Leader
@Solipsist spoiler for future arc
coming up is an arc that is about her in high school that will change your look on her relationship with both Creepy Cat and Oscar. Then it leads into the most recent arc that is ongoing which is shaping up to give us some lore on Creepy Cat, but that is speculation on my part due to only looking at the pages and not being able to read them.

Dex-chan lover
@Darthskippy
I don't want to be as vain as to say: "there's no way that'll change my opinion", but I do find it hard to see how a flashback arc will make Oscar's constant pursuits of an unavailable woman, who is so clearly emotionally unavailable, any less annoying or sad.

Darthskippy, you said you didn't know Japanese and didn't know what the text over the sentence was in the CreepyCats raw... I took a few years of Japanese in high school and I've also seen this before...

Japanese has 3 character sets in common use.

There are two phonetic character sets (Hiragana and Katakana), one for writing native Japanese words and the other for writing foreign words.

There is also a pictographic character set inherited from Chinese called Kanji. The thing about Kanji is that some of them can be read multiple ways, depending on the context and how they are being used. They could be read pictographically, in which each Kanji might represent a specific concept, or they could be read in several different competing phonetic ways (for further confusion).

Manga often includes this kind of in jokes where you have something written in Kanji that has multiple meanings, with the meaning either clarified in supertext over the Kanji, or deliberately overloaded like a pun in English.

Group Leader
@ktendrun Thanks for the detailed explanation. Also if you want to tag me you need to put "@" before my name, otherwise I don't know you posted anything. Lucky for you I keep up to date on the first 24 hours of comments for each page and just every comment for the series itself.

Group Leader
@Ropoloid
starting with page 219 we start building to some serious shit. We got two build up arcs that lead to page 239 Where we start an intense arc that is still going at the current page of 284. I swear to god if this current arc doesn't lead to character growth/development then I'm shooting someone.

Is the new arc gonna be
oscar used to bully flora?
and now he’s basically stalking her because she’s pretty and that’s all it takes to fall in love with someone? gross. no wonder creepy cat hates him so much. i hope they never get together, but sadly this kind of “love story” is way too common.

Group Leader
@pyrolynx71
there are a total of 3 separate arcs out right now. The one we are going into is set up for the 3rd and on going one. The 2nd one is short but is a flashback to Oscar and Flora in high school. And then the current arc that is at 45 pages and is working towards what I think will be the climax in the next 10ish pages.

@practicallyuseful oh, really? because after what Darthskippy said, I had a look at the raws.
It sure looked like he stole her sketchbook and scribbled all over it. when that happened to me as a child, I sure as hell didn’t find it romantic.

But okay. Maybe someone else did that and he hid it so she wouldn’t see. It doesn’t change the fact that in the current timeline, he obsesses over her, follows her around, hates a pet she obviously cares a great deal for and wishes it were gone, and followed her all the way to some remote inn/hotel and scaled the wall to break into her room.

Okay. from what little Japanese I know she asked him why (he defaced her sketchbook). His answer infuriates her into tearfully punching him. I recognise the first word as “always” and the ending as “even so, why”. Pretty sure he did something to her. In the next chapter she repeats what he last said disbelievingly and calls him cruel.

Users who are viewing this thread