Crimson Karma - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
i still don't understand the rocks in the chest

Wait, the gem aside, why would he care if someone disapproves of Kasia? Not in the sense that he is a prince so he shouldn't care of what others think, but why would that even come up? I guess it could be about being some sort of commander I guess? Am I missing something?

Double-page supporter
@Krackers @Akera93
The majority of the knights in his army are low born knights who got their position through merit and hard work. They are loyal to the prince first because he recognizes skill before aristocratic nepotism. Kaisa is an exceptionally skilled individual and he is using her like the MLB used Jackie Robinson to break the class barrier to make a desegregated /classless army. He needs his skilled knights to be recognized and respected to keep their loyalty in the upcoming civil war but still needs to placate the nobles so he doesn't lose ally or create more enemies in the aristocratic factions..

So in short politics.
But if he is going to be king, managing factions is a must have skill.

Maybe the gems on their chest are alike to Sicawolfs explanation to the gems on their back? I dont see any other soldiers besides the strong ones ( the prince and twins) having these gems

Fed-Kun's army
Disapprove of her in what way? Isn't she just a knight ? Did I miss something here ?

Double-page supporter
@Paru @Neutrophils @Krackers @Willie29 @ninekuku @Cathxrsis @Micro

To all to those wondering about the gems on their chests. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say it has to do with the whole D&D swords and sorcery aspect of the story. For example, we know there are mages, right? So most likely the high ranking knights have the ability to use Aura, that is the ability to channel mana in their bodies to enhance strength, agility, reaction time etc. It's a pretty standard thing in these types of fictions. The gem is just visual way to show this rank, and a very eastern Asia thing, like Dantian and chakras where Qi/Mana is concentrated.

But that's just my hypothesis, there has yet to be an official explanation for them.

Thanks for the translation

Maybe they will give her a high position in the army? And because of her low status there will be disproving?

Fed-Kun's army
thank you so much for translating!!

and haha, all the characters here are super cute in general. like with their personalities and everything, like, even the supporting/background characters are fun.

I didn't realize Alicia's hair was that long. Like damn, how long did it take to dry her hair if it almost reaches her ankles?

Double-page supporter
I understand the reasoning behind the chest gems, but they still kind of weird me out.

Users who are viewing this thread