Cultivator Against Hero Society - Ch. 46 - Please, Come To My Office, We Need To Talk.

MD@Home
o/ Flip

As a webdev I would recommend against trying to make your own site, sure it sounds nice on teh surface but there are a lot of moving parts to make one work that you have to be responsible for.

Dex-chan lover
@Dunhban I agree with @Silveress. If you're still new with small group, it's kinda hard to have your own web. I was in a translation group. From what i experienced, at least you need 1 guy who knows stuff about web and can be available for when your web is down or being attacked. So yeah, there are many responsibilities when you're running your own site.

Also, it should be "abide by its rules and regulations"

Thank you for your hard work 💕

Dex-chan lover
Can't wait to see how his students stack up against the god ranked heroes, lol. Especially when you consider they've only had....was it two years of training?

Personally, I would say that a website for hosting your translations would probably end up being more costly than just posting them here, mainly for the fact that it’s a new thing you have to keep track of an constantly make sure it’s working correctly. With mangadex not charging people to post content, which basically means all the work of running a site is on them and not you, posting to mangadex will keep a lot of the hassle of web hosting on their end and not yours.
However, if you want to monetize (ie put ads on a website and then make some money off of the page viewers), then that changes things. Albeit not much, since a ton of people use adblockers which means you won’t make a ton of money with ads. Maybe not even enough to cover the website hosting costs unless you’re running it off of your own personal machine which will be cheaper but harder

Although, I’d say you could make a discord server which will be really useful in getting the word out about your translations

Supporter
it's actually
7Roexny.jpg

smh

Supporter
Please keep the periods.
Celestial Gateway.

Starting your own closed group on social media sites seems to work for some international groups. (Like Russian ones on VK.) Not sure what's the best way to go with the donations. Patreon is probably a good bet.

Thank you for your hard work! Hope you get well soon!

Ps. In regards of the website, SquareSpace is a good solution, but as others said, these extras do require their own share of work and expenses.

Group Leader
@Zael @anotherone @Danthefan @elhessan @Silveress

Thank you all for the advices. I guess you're right, I already suffered from over-exhaustion with only this much work, so it would probably be unwise to add managing a website to my workload.

I guess I'll try to find some other ways, but if I can't, it's not terrible. I'm doing it because I love it.

@Dunhban,
Yeah running your own website can be pretty tough, but if you wanted to expand your group you might find someone to help you out on the forums here but idk if you would find any decent help

Dex-chan lover
you are doing a shit ton of work solo man, if you can find a way to make some money off this id support that

Users who are viewing this thread