Curiously, how far can you push the staff before they snap in regards to not policing scanlations? Btw, How's that group block feature coming along?:i

Two questions:
1) How's that group block feature coming along?
still cant block shit appearing in follows. idiots saying "nobody is forcing you to read it", well they are forcing it to appear in my follow list and no one should have to double check at the fucking uploader name every time. have fun reading twice the text you normally need to, idiots, and also memorizing names of people u want to forget exist

2) Just how far can you push the staff before they snap in regards to not policing scanlations? the more Important question.

I got curious how far the staff can get pushed. Maybe I wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for the ridiculous crap of these two events but here it is...

In the past, I believe j45m1n's b0x more or less forced someone to write code and change the group delay limit from one week to two weeks, on top of that they have (made someone) delete and undelete their entire catalogue of numerous uploaded chapters here three times. Oh yeah, and waged a smear campaign again mangadex too. iirc some mod said they were welcome back, have fun with all that work because of your principles, "some mod" or whoever

Then there's sssss whom uploads random skipped chapters to the point where most people's, including the mods', personal opinion of him is that he is doing it purely for the entertainment of trolling everyone, and hasnt even got the basic excuse that other snipers have (namely that they actually might care about the readers, and any drama is strictly between groups). Oh yeah, he makes this apparent in his comments too, and he got commentbanned twice but he can still upload so it's all gucci. iirc he himself also uploaded a chapter after specifically stating that chapter was not to be on mangadex. also funny how the staff will police comments for civility but not uploads, although i do get their reasoning for that

the whole thing with the chapter jump warning is crap because i'm using legacy reader. i dont claim to have the numbers for it, but the new reader isn't a good replacement as it lacks one important feature, the ability to preload all pages of a single chapter in long strip format. loading as you scroll down could be bad for any with a slow or unstable connection or doesnt want a 0.7 sec loading bar every page.
anyone who tells me that i should always use the newest whatever can go punch themselves because they clearly never heard of stability or removed features instead of fancy version numbers or marketability over function
oh and the pictures are not centered, the price you pay to not overlap with the tiny sidebar button
and yes, i get that the new reader is better code overall or for the server backend or whatever

So again, blindly sticking to some certain particular principles in spite of all that might be considered respectworthy in some viewpoints. As those two groups have clearly abandoned any interest or pretense at treating the staff with civility, so if the other party were to do the same or refuse to host their stuff purely on the basis of "the other party not showing civility or the lowest of basic respect", I wouldn't have batted an eye.
It is not even remotely close to the "worshipper level of respect that a monopoly or power hungry person might ask", which seems to be the silly viewpoint of some

that said, i wonder how far scan groups could go or abuse that... it is almost tempting to come up with something better than what those two groups achieved, it would be good entertainment in a poor taste way...

so consider this a warning of sorts, i guess?

Blah blah disclaimer blah. I respect your decision not to police anything, I really do. Someone who can stick to principles is respectworthy. and yes, i made the old rejected suggestion of harsher rules for trolls, so it may seem like i'm repeating myself but this is a different point, one which i forgot to mention back then but heavily inspired it nevertheless. And there didn't really seem to be a subforum more suited for this post than suggestions. also this post's tone and formatting are hazardous but i stopped caring so much with the ridiculousness of the situations

one other thing, i have seen many scanlators in the forums drop blatant hints of "mangadex itself/staff is shit" every drama but never give reasons because "i'm too scared to get banned", not even offsite. i'm kinda curious if it's real or it's just all hot air for their patreons because their behaviour seems to indicate the latter. and really, does that ban excuse have weight considering if any of you managed to do worse than those two?

The doors right there.
Clickbait and troll posts have literally existed since the Internet was opened up to people other then the scientists and the US Military who invented it.
And if everybody banned everybody who was remotely said to be a troll... the only person on the internet would be the Idiot-In-Orange because no site would ban him for fear of pissing off the mob of insane people who support him.

YOU keep bringing up a problem that YOU mostly have. Nobody is FORCING you to use this site. Nor is there any sort of law that says anybody must acquiesce to YOUR demands.

Just like George Carlin said. You have no rights. Rights aren't rights if someone can take them away. They're privileges.
And like any site you visit or use, its a PRIVILEGE.

Double-page supporter
LOL butthurt much? I'll repeat it again - no one is forcing you to read anything.

And no, you don't have to read something twice, you don't have to doublecheck anything, you don't have to remember anything.

You just click that chapter and see something like
Aplh6Bo.jpg

and now the main question - who is the idiot here? Are you smart enough to close the tab or do you "click here to continue" like an idiot?

Dex-chan lover
Nice, starting off your rant by insulting those giving opposition really helps drive the point home does it not? If anything your whole ramble came off as a spoiled child
crying about not getting what he wants. Guess what? Nobody cares, there's a warning for the chapter skip if you for some reason don't get it then instead of clicking the
chapter link straight out of the follows tab go to the series main page to check it out. Yeah it might be tedious but hey it takes like two seconds I doubt you don't have
that amount of time for a simple verification.

Dex-chan lover
It really is about time we get that group block feature, though. Either that or start punishing certain groups by taking away their ability to upload.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
No ETA on Group Block feature. Nagging the devs or @Holo about it won't do anything to speed it up. It's on the list and we're doing the best we can.

Power Uploader
BTW legacy reader doesn't get updated. but hey, why should it. its very rare for ANY legacy product to get feature updates. Its the price you pay for not getting with the times.

whining about it is no different from complaining about any new product that comes on the market that is in any shape or form different from what you already got. There's a reason that new products get released (forced obsolescence aside, companies that do that can go fuck themselves.... i'm looking at you apple).

The code used between the two readers is different enough that they would essentially be doubling up on work. They picked one that will get updates and one that will not.

just get rid of legacy reader. chapter skip warnings are available for a reason, and they should be on by default in the current manga reader (if not, then just turn it on in your manga reader). don't read/skip ahead and then complain that it spoiled the storyline. that's not MD's fault. that's just being dumb.

also, "punishing certain groups by taking away their ability to upload" is rather pointless. who's gonna police that anyways? and what about when folks who upload aren't from that group? i personally don't think group blocking will be a 100%perfect solution, but it will work for most situations when folks don't want to see a certain group's work. and it will be more preferable than giving /taking away uploading abilities from scanlating groups / uploaders. the rules in place so far are good enough.

Group Leader
idiots saying "nobody is forcing you to read it", well they are forcing it to appear in my follow list and no one should have to double check at the fucking uploader name every time. have fun reading twice the text you normally need to, idiots, and also memorizing names of people u want to forget exist
Dude you're lazy yet you can't take it easy, nobody is forcing you to read it so stop acting like it is. You're melting down over doing one extra click on your follow list . Other users told you ways on how to prevent you from getting spoiled and the site itself helps you prevent that. There are multiple ways to prevent you from spoiling yourself but you refuse to use them so the fault here lies on nobody else but you.

Group Leader
Reading OP hurts my head. All I get from OP is how he's the victim and everyone else are bystanders. Dude, if you don't like the way something works, change it. If you can't fight the system, then move on. Why cling on to something that would not benefit you.

1) I have ZERO clue what's the deal or hate against Group Block. If someone want to snipe a series... it doesn't matter how many group you block, they will find a way. Troll will be troll. Don't want to see chapters from certain group? Don't click it. Want the system to spoon feed you? Ask devs/mods "what can YOU do to help the system?" If you don't want to get your hand dirty, then STFU.
2) Most scanlation works are volunteer work. Yes, some do get paid for their tasks, but majority of us do not get paid. I went to bed 3-4 AM after 6-7 hours cleaning and typesetting just to push release on certain date... Who force me to do it? No one. Do I get THANKS for it? rare. Am I going to keep doing it? As long as people want to read the series I enjoy...sure.
3) Leave the dramas out please. No one want to get involve in the muddy drama. waste of time. If you have time go plant some trees.
4) Abusing mods is just a dick move. Sure you can try to abuse them... but it's a dick move. Use your consciousness. Be better.
5) I didn't even know mods/devs policing scanlations. Sure they react to reports, but it's near impossible to police every chapters, comments, uploads, images, etc on the platform. We do our part to report improper behaviors, mods/devs throw the ban hammer or let it slide. That's it. They are human being just like us. If you think you can do a better job then ask them to join their team.

TL;DR: Don't be a snowflake.

Dex-chan lover
@dokkotak I want to see them punished so it establishes that this behavior is explicitly against the wishes of the staff. The rules currently are a little too lax for my taste so I don't really think they're "good enough."

Also, @ me next time you're gonna quote me.

Dex-chan lover
@BestBoy
You want to add even more rules? Why when all this is gonna go away once they implement the block group feature. We all know it's coming
so hold your horses and wait for it to come out. There's no need to add more restrictions to the site.

Dex-chan lover
@dokkotak All that post says is that they don't know what's going on. They even admit it twice. Also, I don't always come back. It's just common courtesy to tag someone when you quote them.

@sterven I do. I think the moderation on the site is a little lax. There's too few moderators for the number of users. The rules aren't evenly enforced. They contain loopholes. Features are frequently requested and all we're given is a nebulous "eventually."

The block group feature is here guys!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!!

https://mangadex.org/thread/182856

i'm not the one having to deal with people blatantly exploiting the site policy to pull silly shit. I'm not the guy undeleting and deleting all their chapters every time they decide to throw a drama, writing code or being halfassed about bans, it actually barely affects me. But I don't want to see them have so much of an effect with so little effort.

people like SSSSS and JB absolutely deserve to be called names, and I will not maintain civility in front of their blatant disrespect that creates work for better people. if you want to throwaway my points just because i called them names, well that's up to you and just demonstrates your priorities.

Well, whatever, someone will pull something similiar sooner or later

Users who are viewing this thread