D.Gray-man - Ch. 236 - Saying Goodbye to A.W - Red and the Pierrot

Damn. Every time I see this manga update, I get super excited, only for it to fade when I immediately remember that nobody is ever happy in this story. I wonder how many years it'll be before we finally learn who/what the Heart is.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, lot in this chapter. Sometimes the wait doesn't give us much. Other times it gives us a gem like this.
For one, defeating the earl will bring about the heart or something? Was Mana at this point in time the host of the heart perhaps? Not sure if it would be possible so it might not be true at all seeing how dark matter and innocence don't like to play nice but if it is dormant maybe it's safe? Hard to tell really since those words were quite vague.

As for Mana here, even grieving risks bringing back the Earl. It shows a massive different side to this scene from long ago when we first saw it from merely Allen's perspective. Rather than a man who has lost so much he can't cry anymore, we instead have a man so broken but can't afford to even grieve if he wants to keep a hold of his human self. Still waiting for the eventual answer on how Allen brought back Man as an akuma but I don't doubt that we will get an answer one day.
I am wondering though how it will show the scene when he starts calling Red Allen. Whether it is a means of coping with the loss by ensuring that "Allen" isn't dead to keep the Earl at bay or whether he truly did go mad and forget.

Finally Cross there at the end. His look when he saw Red with Mana. It looks like he immediately realised who he was and what it meant with the two being together.

So If mana expresses grieve or probably strong emotions Millenium Earl will appear? He's not really bad.. I'm sad for Allen too.

Look at Cross's face he's shocked. The innocense heart might really be Allen's? And he has gone together with Millenium Earl the one he is destined to kill.

Dex-chan lover
Oh... this chapter hit hard.. cuz I had to put down my old beagle last week... cool cool cool cool cool

one day allen will be able to retire in peace with his 3 beagles... one day....

Still can't understand how Cross Marian is related to Road and how Road knows him in those 35 years time.

Power Uploader
@xcalibur I may be exagerrating but I have a strong feeling that probably Road was the one who inspired him to become a exorcist. She probably told him about that weird church guy that people thought he was a good guy but is actually a bad guy... I think that's how cross knew who to protect when Allen was in trouble despite that he also knew that he was the 14th. The only way that he would ever betray his exorcist friends or humans basically, is if he knows something is wrong, and that is the only way possible if Road told him the secrets years ago.

Aggregator gang
oh man.. I can't hate the earl after this... he's Mana for God sake 😟

I hope he's just manipulated 😕

and what that Apocryphos said, could the earl actually have an innocence ??!

Users who are viewing this thread