D.Gray-man - Vol. 27 Ch. 231 - Saying Goodbye to A.W - The Curtain Rises

Fantastic quality all around, as always! Beautifully cleaned, engagingly translated, energetically typeset. The fans are lucky enough to have multiple groups working on this series for them to begin with, but to have a group of your level in the mix is a blessing indeed. 😊

Thank you for all the hard work and passion you put into this, and into everything else you do!

@Panthaleia

jeidafei from Kougeki-Scans here. Thank you soooo much as always for your support. I've checked out Starbuds' version and your translation notes as well. It shames me how hard you worked on the "seiseiruten" conundrum. At first I was meaning to leave it there and add a simple note detailing what it means in Japanese, then let the readers interpret it freely as I'm not so sure what sensei is going for here. Samsara! Why on earth have I not thought of that! And I come from a virtually 90% Buddhist country!!! I'll have to put in more effort as well!

To everyone checking out our scanlations. Thank you so much for supporting us. Please support Hoshino-sensei if possible by purchasing the original magazine and comics. I've added my own notes for the chapter as well to explain some changes and differences in the translation (for example, pls just call it Edinburgh sensei):
https://jeidafei.tumblr.com/post/182309069603/dgray-man-chapter-231-translation-notes

Contributor
@Panthaleia @jeidafei thank you so much for both your teams' hard work! It's so great to have two fantastic scanlations for such an intricate piece of work, and the translation notes really help with understanding the nuances.
Ahhhhh we're finally getting to Allen's childhood from his point of view!!! Can't wait.

Aggregator gang
who knew that someday Allen and Kanda would be talking buddies 😁

Ah.. also, I still can't digest the idea that the earl is actually Mana....

poor Allen, he will be devastated when he knows about that 😡

Dex-chan lover
Kanda uses "Evil Grin"... it is super effective, Allen takes psychic damage

Allen uses "I will drag you with me"... it is super effective, Kanda gets annoyed.

Their new dynamic cracks me up.

Users who are viewing this thread