Dachi no Imouto

Comes kicking right out of the gate with the two expressing interest in each other. That's a good start.

Dex-chan lover
ah that garbage author who thought it was a good idea to make a series where "Everyone in class is dating but the MC and the transfer student"

7rK

Group Leader
Nooooo kinda sappy but the last page got me interested....this work better be good

Contributor
FMC sort of looks like Rika from Haganai, but then again, any cute glasses-girl in a lab coat would draw that comparison.

Mhm cute. The mc reminds me of the mc Male best friend who's straightforward and hot ig? Idk

Double-page supporter
I really liked Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou, which was Shima Tokio's first work, I believe. However I can't really get over the feeling that that one and her (his?) other stories are the most unromantic RomCom's I have ever read. Is that really how two people interested in each other are supposed to meet and fall in love? It somehow feels more like two robots pretending to be human are trying to simulate a love story to me.

I totally dig the art and the effort behind the story, but I have seldom read a romance story where the characters behave in such an unloving and impassionate manner. Weird, I know.

I feel like the sister may have seen the friend somewhere and the brother realized she liked him (or something like that) and this is some elaborate plot by her and her brother to get the both of them to hook up.

@Undorian Well, a lot of relationships start with the two having just interest in each other, irl atleast. The two are not in love. They 'like' each other and will see how it goes, if it develops into love or not. There is no guarantee that this manga will be good or not but that's how most relationships start. Getting into a relationship after falling in 'love' is a very fictional thing. People don't wait that much to start a relationship irl. Atleast that's my experience.

This is prob the more realistic depictions of love as it usually starts out as "interest" then develops into love. Very interested in seeing how this goes

Feels like the author isn't interested in any of the stuff leading up to romance - very rushed and stilted dialog. "I'm down, you down? Yeah? Alright lets do this"
WOW
I agree with it being very robotic.

I'm guessing he just wants to jump right into how weird of a person the sister is. The hiding from the brother thing doesn't seem like it has enough legs to go for very long anyways.

This is the opposite of "I don't know what my sister's friend is thinking" where it's all about the buildup of the sister's friend and the MC. This manga I guess will be the part that comes after they start to date and the awkward-ness of dating your friends sister.

PS - I married my best friend's sister, so speaking from experience...

Users who are viewing this thread