Chichi wa Eiyuu, Haha wa Seirei, Musume no Watashi wa Tenseisha - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Whoa, why you guys pissed at our cute cute mc? It's fine. The father is also acting meek with his family.
I'd be in the same position as him if all my mistakes that was caused by simple emotions are pointed out.
How dare you call her shit.

Fed-Kun's army
@Arvadiel The problem isn't that "his mistakes are being pointed out", but is more on the line that she is being unfair with him who especially asked for things about his daugther to be kept a secret, and Alberto, who is supposed to be mainly loyal to them, went and let it out, telling it to the one that the father despises the most. There's also the fact that the MC tends to be way more harsher with her father than with anyone else, when he didn't make anything to her to be treated like that...

Double-page supporter
For once this was a good chapter.
Finally we got to see her true colors. She's mature. I like that
I think her parents already figured out she's reincarnated though

Fed-Kun's army
@jangankangkung Well... Yeah... Thats pretty obvious, and also a common trope... Is just this time that seems to be particulay unfair, given the situation.

EDIT: Also what's actually irks me the most, is the fact that she literally called him "trash"... And that really is going a tad too far.

Double-page supporter
Boy I like this kind of an MC. The kind that doesn't just go with the flow while keeping their mouth shut.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Georg

Unfair and cruel for calling her father "trash" (and only that) yes.

Also "correct" and manipulative. Her father has been really disappointing so far and showing her disappointment of him (like calling him trash, even though I agree that its a little bit too harsh) is one way to make him do things right.

Fed-Kun's army
@Nep I agree that most of the times she has been harsher with him are mostly harmless, and also is someting we see a lot in other mangas when a character actually cares about someone but still tends to tease or annoy them. But even so I don't think the father has done anything so bad that it ammerit calling him "trash" (and saying that is just "a little bit too harsh" is an understatement), also I'm not exactly sure what other thing should the father had done to be "less of a dissapointment" so she wouldn't need to "correct him"... Not tell Alberto to fuck off?? Going and beat up the prince himself?? At this point the only time he tried to do something was during the trial, and it was her decision to butt in and not let him handle the matter alone (he told them to leave it to him).

Aggregator gang
I think the MC is being quite reasonable towards her father. He pretty much abandoned for years his family and any close friends because he hated his bitch of a ex wife including the royal family but left his own family to deal with those problems. Not once did he check up on them until his daughter forced him so he is being trash comsidering how nice his family has been and what shit they had to go thru since he abandoned them and is now only acting from threats from his daughters.

The father is moving on pure emotion while MC being on the outside is able to look at the situation logically and more open mindedly. The mc has to treat her father that way because he's probably the type to fight anyone and never forgive them if his family is involved, but that's not the right way to go about fixing a household.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Georg

Yep. Rereading my reply, I agree with "Little bit harsh" being a major understatement assuming there is no translation interference.
Now for this,
I'm not exactly sure what other thing should the father had done to be "less of a dissapointment" so she wouldn't need to "correct him"... Not tell Alberto to fuck off??

I don't know about you but telling Alberto to fk off (especially immediately) is basically my second last choice among the list of "doable things" I could come up with (last choice being ignore him and let the problem fester).

Other things I would do, not listed in any particular order include giving the guy another (secret or not) loyalty test, pretend to know nothing and spying on him/feed him false information, put him under house arrest with no birds, try to bring him over to my side again, etc. Well, there are plenty more if I think about it harder.

The real "disappointment" part is that the traitor was essentially "family/close friend" bound by a human noble mindset. It wouldn't be strange for the daughter to pick up on their relationship considering how unnaturally sharp the author made her. Yet the father, after exposed to spirit culture, immediately threw him off without bothering to see whether the guy had any troubles/issues/skewed priorities leading to such traitorous behavior. While this is mostly due to his doting father overprotective nature, it sort of shows that the man doesn't quite treasure his relationship enough. (Like how he abandoned his home for ten years)

In the end, the evaluation of the harshness of the word trash heavily depends on whether you agree/disagree with the father's actions along with the actual untranslated word used.. (iirc ヘタレ, Hetare, means Good-for-nothing, one way of translating can mean "trash" but could usually done for comedic effect on people who can't get themselves to act, less harsh than クズ Kuzu trash at least.)

Basically, I read that "trash" as Hetare or something similar which is why I am more "forgiving" with the harshness. Not saying that I "agree" with that harshness however cute though. Like I said, it is mostly manipulative. (I also think she is a sadist that loves teasing her father)

Aggregator gang
Wow! I love Ellen. Skipping the bullshit and burning the letter, getting idiots to stop being idiots. It's really refreshing. Couldn't have handled it better myself.

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer : this. This reason is so dumb it's mind-blowing. And now that the piggy isn't there anymore, he still continue to betray the household because of his retardiness.

It's just mindblowindly dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread