Dad Is a Hero, Mom Is a Spirit, I'm a Reincarnator - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
I think the problem with royal family is, they need to be dastardly evil to keep their mundane power (because they don't have contracts with spirits), but that very behavior prevents spirits from forgiving them.

Dex-chan lover
@Miros
She was thinking and adoring another man when she took the wedding vows. It's like vowing that you will never look at another person again while looking at another person. It makes her vow a lie.

Since it was supposed to be a sacred ceremony where they ask for blessings from the spirit, the spirit gets offended at being lied to, so she was cursed. But the spirit was aware she was only adoring someone else and not actually committing adultery, so the mark of the curse is faint.

Dex-chan lover
Regarding the royal family's curse... IIRC it prevents them from even seeing spirits altogether, right? Well, note how the young prince (the new king's little brother) demonstrated a couple of chapters ago that he can actually see Ellen, implying that he doesn't suffer from the curse.

The conclusion I draw from that is that lifting the curse is actually pretty easy: You just have to not grow up into an egotistical and immoral asshole like apparently the rest of the family did. Ironically, this may also mean that not only is the crown prince turned king's plotting to undo the curse may be for naught, but even the true solution may be beyond his grasp, because I can't imagine him to be willing to become a morally good person even after being shown it's literally the only way he could gain the power he seeks.

Double-page supporter
LOL the child is of course smarter than them, but again, I kinda dislike all the characters set

@MarqFJA87 Ellen is a half-spirit unlike her mother Origin. That's why she was able to be perceived by the young prince and why Rovel tried so hard to conceal her appearance from the royal family as king Raviselle is planning to have his son marry Ellen so that they can inherit the spirits power hence bypassing the curse.

@Liedral
The only problem at this point like Ellen pointed out wast that the royal family had the GALL to actually FORGET about the reason for the curse.

Dex-chan lover
While I do blame the royal family for being shits in general, I can't actually blame them for forgetting about the cause of the curse.

Spirits are long-lived compared to humans, and the royal family's already been through several generations since it happened. To them it's not only an inordinate amount of time, but from the moment they're born, they have what they feel to be an unfair burden saddled on them. There's a fuck somewhere in that lineage that failed to pass the knowledge along, but that's not the descendents' fault either.

Contrast with the spirits, most of whom were probably around when it actually happened, and it's no wonder it seems like the family hasn't learned a thing.
I can't say I'm too sympathetic towards the spirits regarding this marriage fiasco though. The goddess of marriage sorta lost any justification with me the moment it was revealed she could separate marriages and yet did nothing to keep the princess from forcibly marrying into the family.

Dex-chan lover
@Yadokari They didn't forget, they just don't know it. The ones that can remind them of it are outright refusing dialogue.

Like, personally, I don't know 99% of my grandfather, let alone my great grandfather. And I sure as hell wouldn't know if my great great great grandfather ever killed a bunch of people resulting in my line being hated for eternity.

Also, how are so many people condemning the entire royal family over the actions of a few. Man, so many people really have some warp sense of justice.

The king that started this whole shit storm did it because he was desperate to protect his kingdom. Was he really trash and evil, or he simply went crazy from his desperation? Nothing was mentioned about the other kings after that. No mention of corruption, incompetence, people hating them. The previous and current kings aren't saints, but it's shown that they (especially the current one) are messing with MC family to protect the kingdom. Is that really evil? People should really go back to chapter 11 and maybe, I don't know, read? the dialogue between the current king and his son. Actually, I'll just highlight a line by the current king who is hated by the majority of people around the comments section for being a big baddie - "If we move out of self-interest, the citizens we should be protecting may become exposed to danger."

@MarqFJA87 Lifting the curse...
They can be the good-est, best saint, purest man ever, and it'll do absolutely nothing. Because it's a one-sided hatred by the spirits.

Dex-chan lover
I get the feeling that except the current King, everyone else in the Royal family doesn't know about the origins of their curse.

Maybe the previous Kings made a secretive pact of keeping the reason behind the curse hidden and then in future try to take revenge on the Spirits for Cursing them.

Double-page supporter
I keep saying this over and over again, but just erase the royal family. It will solve all the problems, and you know it, so just do it or else you'll have to deal with all the bs they will keep on attempting forever and ever.

Dex-chan lover
I want to see the mc family suffer. Royal family did nothing wrong.

@ae0n yeah such a shame huh

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia The king back then should have abdicated. However, he clearly thought he was in the right to sacrifice the lesser spirits in order to save his kingdom. The spirits were right to curse him and make his progeny also carry the curse. If he had let go of the crown and become little but commoners with his family, as a form of repentance, it might have been reasonable for the spirit to lift the curse at some point. But remaining royals basically was the same as declaring they did nothing wrong and the lesser spirits were okay to be sacrificed for the sake of the human kingdom and its rulers. There was zero responsibility accepted. Instead the progeny now think they were unreasonably cursed and are doing whatever scheming they can think of to get rid of the curse. It's perfectly fine for the current generation to still be blamed when they don't even try to figure out why it happened, instead they only want to get the curse removed. They are as bad as the ancestor king who ordered the whole fell deed done, essentially.

why on earth was that kept secret?

that old adage, "those who dont know the past are doomed the repeat it" 'n all.

so what, the royal family doesnt even remember why they're being punished and even the spirits are trying to keep it a secret? why? that doesnt benefit anyone except royalty, who can continue to think they're being injustly persecuted (they arent, but i can understand how they can think that generations down the line with no idea as to what this alleged sin was.)

Users who are viewing this thread