Dad Is a Hero, Mom Is a Spirit, I'm a Reincarnator - Vol. 4 Ch. 22

... someone enlighten my memories, what was her occupation before her reincarnation again?

Dex-chan lover
@SaitoHimea yep material scientist

uQiSWjD.png

Fed-Kun's army
wasnt there a novel version? if so, what chapter in the novel is this ch?

Dex-chan lover
I look forward to this manga every month and I'm never disappointed. I'm just so happy right now.

Dex-chan lover
@darknesspker She can't make the filters required for PPE every time it's used by the miners. She already have a hard time making that medicine, making filters would make it all the more difficult for her. There's also a risk that introducing that kind of tech might cause a massive impact to the current human society.

@nomadicengi - I'm not talking about modern industrial grade PPE. I mean, why not at least tell them to wear a fine cloth over their mouth and nose? Even if it won't stop all of the fine particles, it should still help. Also, she is the Hero's and Spirit Queen's daughter, if she can't cause a massive impact on human society who else can?

Dex-chan lover
She reverse-engineered medicinal compounds in her past life. AS A HOBBY.

That is a HELL of a cheat.

Dex-chan lover
@BookQueen a nuclear device is child's play (ha!) compared to re-creating multiple medicinal compounds and reassembling them into the appropriate medicines, if I'm honest.

Lmao nice try author. There is no cure for pneumoconiosis. The people suffering from symptoms would need to be on medication for the rest of their life, there is no medication that is a one-and-done cure-all. Even if she figured out the formula of medication in her past life, there is NO med in present-day that "cures" this condition. Usually people with this condition get put on bronchodilators or corticosteroids (like for asthma patients).

Would've been more "realistic" if she just used magic to make up something to target and destroy the compounds stuck in their lungs. Not this "i used meds from my past life" bs.

Dex-chan lover
@iskaeil suspend your disbelief for half a damn second and consider she knows all of that shit and could have calculated long-term effectiveness and regeneration of affected tissue in the medicinal compound mixes. She's a reincarnated genius in the body of a goddess equivalent, not your random dumbass with knowledge.

@iskaeil eh still kind of suspend disbelief able there is a lot of medicine we've figured out but have no way to make, that's why they have those protein folding croud sourcing projects. Then again someone who could do that in their head probably does not exist.

@Cybik The thing is, as long as those particles remain in the lungs they will continually cause damage. That is why there is no cure. It would have required surgery or some other such magical interference to cure this kind of condition.

There is no medication on the market that will "speed up" regeneration either, so there is nothing to say about creating something that can promote cell growth to regenerate the damaged cells faster than they could be damaged. That would be like inducing a tumor.

Suspending my disbelief or not, this is very handwave-y of the author. Did they even try to look up the condition they were trying to treat? Because there is no cure, and it would've been more accurate to say she used her past-life to replicate game-potions or elixirs. She made it sound like this person recreated a medication from the modern day, when in reality it would be more accurate to say she produced a medication that is surgery in a pill.

Dex-chan lover
@darknesspker It won't help. The dust is too fine that it passes thru a piece of cloth. Introducing new technologies can also introduce new methods for humanity to harm themselves. This is already proven in our history. Nobel invented Dynamite meant for mining but was also used for harming others as well.

Users who are viewing this thread