Dai Dark - Ch. 50 - What is Damemaru?

Dex-chan lover
The connection has been pushed to the forefront so much so that the reader can no longer deny it. The direction of the story always felt a bit ambiguous but finally there is some indication of where the story is going.

Also pet the destruction.

Dex-chan lover
Q teasing us again. Taking us right up to the brink of proving that Damemaru is Chidaruma, (by showing him transforming into a shadowed being that looks identical to Chidaruma.) only to walk it back at the last second
ajaOSJU.png

Sounds like he's probably just a normal guy after all.:angery:

lol maaan, I love this manga so much, I really need to get it on physical. But the japanese edition has some really slick transparent dustcovers and the english one doesn't so I'm not very convinced on the english edition... maybe just get the jp one even tho I can't read it?
French edition also has the slick covers if that helps

Welcome back Chidaruma
I called it years ago, pretty cool that Q finally confirmed fans's theory

Double-page supporter
He lost the bet and became a human didn't he?
  1. Pretty much a bunch of High Ranking Lesser Devils united to seal his power, and on the last chapter they even say they had to prepare a bit because of this. Then they give him his jacket with the sludge and spirit of HOLE (and Hole is the one to talk to Sanko and tell him to call him by his name, also on the last chapter of dorohedoro, the lesser devils say "later on we will give you a name")
  2. And for the "5 years as human", it was mistranslated, it's actually 50.000 years, and by the technological advancements we see, it does fit, especially considering in the end of dorohedoro, they made a Church using HOLE's identity, we see this church here as the church of light.
  3. Also, Shimada DEATH, is actually the curse guy from dorohedoro, in the end, he says he will try the Devil's test. Why he turns into a girl, only God knows (maybe he was bored after thousands of years and it also explains why he is so resistant, the extra powers he has could simply be an evolution to the devil powers).

In a different translation, the fragments of the true name are "ru...ma" instead of ell...ma". I suppose the disparity comes from the Japanese writing Hellmaster as He-ru-ma-sta, so in the original Japanese it is ambiguous if he said Hellmaster or Chidaruma. Can someone who can read Japanese confirm this?

Dex-chan lover
Makes me wonder how long this'll be, and much of Chidaruma's cursed life it'll cover. If it is Chidaruma, of course. But cmon it's gotta be.

Dex-chan lover
Also, Shimada DEATH, is actually the curse guy from dorohedoro, in the end, he says he will try the Devil's test. Why he turns into a girl, only God knows (maybe he was bored after thousands of years and it also explains why he is so resistant, the extra powers he has could simply be an evolution to the devil powers).
I was thinking about it, and it makes a lot of sense now that shimada is always referred to in a masculine way now (always being referred to as 'he' or 'that guy'). Maybe the buff woman appearance is just Risu's devil appearance. But on the inside, hes still Risu even after being alive so long he forgot who he was. Like, if he was to be demoted from being a devil, would risu be what's left alive? Or maybe, after being a devil for so long, the magic user completely becomes a devil like the master of hell himself?

Edit: also, notice how curse (Risu's magic) had 4 eyes when controlling him. Now there's 6 eyes. I think Shimada might be risu layered with both his devil form and curse magic all melded into one.

Last edited:
In a different translation, the fragments of the true name are "ru...ma" instead of ell...ma". I suppose the disparity comes from the Japanese writing Hellmaster as He-ru-ma-sta, so in the original Japanese it is ambiguous if he said Hellmaster or Chidaruma. Can someone who can read Japanese confirm this?
Yes, The characters used for Damemaru's 'true name' literally translate as "ru" "ma", changing the 'ru' is definitely a choice by kirei cake LOL, personally i would have kept it as 'ru' since his Damemaru's true name seems to be a pretty pivotal plot point....

Users who are viewing this thread