Daites Ryou Koubouki - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

HAHAHAHAHHAHA
I did not see that coming. Cheating is still cheating, though. Hope they manage to keep the plot going without getting too messy.

Look at those comment lmao
It come so sudden and I'm glad I didn't read it on public
Now I think I should stop reading this but my rotten heart won't let me lol
Thank you for the update xD

Considering dropping this, but not for the same reasons as everyone else (and I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned my reasons yet.)

Tbh, I was pleasantly surprised at the pairing reveal, but the presentation of consent in the flashback is gross. Kochis clearly doesn't give enthusiastic consent to his previous commander and people forcing themselves on him sounds like a pretty regular occurrence. But nobody really seems to have a problem with that, and the prince's solution isn't to prevent or punish people who abuse their authority and instead just protect him for his (fake, then real) exclusive use. Also the off-hand reference that normally the male bonding is restricted to knights calling on squires/pages is clearly an unbalanced power dynamic and possibly paedophilic.

Not to mention that any scene implying the mc x prince hasn't been super consensual, which I had brushed aside before, but can't ignore now. Is it too much of me to ask a fantasy for BL fans to present forcing yourself onto someone else as wrong? Maybe?

(also don't @ me with 'historical accuracy', it's a fantasy manga)

Dex-chan lover
@zelara
The consent issues have been there since day one as the MC has yet to actually give any indication of consent.

Ehh imma keep reading it,mainly cause i am interested on how they plan to progress this story,if i wanted a good bl i'd find it somewhere else,i am interested in our mc making her own country

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!😭😭😭😬😰😱🥶😵😠😡🤬🤢🤮🥺🤫😐😌👨‍🚒👨‍🏭🔥🌋😉😊👍IT CAN'T HURT ME NO MORE.

Why did I only notice the shounen ai tag just now ٩(⌯꒦ິ̆ᵔ꒦ິ)۶ᵒᵐᵍᵎᵎᵎ

Double-page supporter
@Dezaki - Thank you. The kiss was a spontaneous act after much BL reading and semi-open speculation on the part of the main female character! A little reminiscent taste is all! Instead of an apology, she just wanted more information.

And no wonder the viscount kept saying good luck to her! He'd BEEN there: he knew what she was about to go through, stamina stallion-wise!

Double-page supporter
Also, maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anybody comment on the foppish arrow piercing the moon being the prince's standard:

I wanted to paste in crops of images but I couldn't figure out how to do that on my tablet before running out of energy. I have the 3 crops, but I couldn't access the clipboard in this field. Sorry!

N21.png

N22.png

I love how manly he stands in front his banner (purely by accident) of course in its first appearance.

@peccare It's because it didn't until now....and I recall it also had "Romance" tag too, but now it's been removed :x Can't help but have mixed feelings about it

there's a reason why they called fujishi (rotten women), and this chapter really clarifies that

But I sincerely believe that a fujoshi in real life wouldn't stoop as low as Milliana... *silently prays*

I'm confused now. I thought he would genuinely come to love his wife, but now I see the romance tag is gone and it's just shounen ai. Like, I'd accept a poly-relationship but I don't just want the FL lead cast aside as a crazy BL fan.

like, im totally down for the fl to be some red herring for him then finding her own love or something without being hurt but if this is actually going to suggest they just carry on a normal marriage - with the inclusion of his lover, strictly because she is a fujoshi? thats a bit much? i like bl but this set up...hm...
like she might enjoy watching their love and all - but she's really that ok with her husband, who she has already consummated her marriage with, to be fully intent on keeping his lover on the side? bit mess.
not going to drop it yet...but, like a lot of other people: mixed feelings.

@peccare It's because it didn't until now....and I recall it also had "Romance" tag too, but now it's been removed :x Can't help but have mixed feelings about it

@ravika glad it’s not my eyes that were at fault.

Wtf did i just read. I was okay with the lord being shock at first but to really become a lover. For fuck sake. That kill me. I dont know what i feel but i feel happy and shock at the same time.

@RamenRider : yes, and I explicitly mentioned that it had been before ('Not to mention that any scene implying the mc x prince hasn't been super consensual') but it was easier to dismiss as a joke in poor taste when it was just them. Maybe he'd gotten consent in the next room, but, with this last chapter, I'm now less inclined towards that reading.

Dex-chan lover
magically.. shounen ai tag appears..
i've been beanbozled..

well. it's the MC's fetish so i have mixed feelings about this..
hahaha.. this is messy af.. lowkey like it.. and probably still stick around..

PS: so basically she's ok with swinging and probably ntr just to satisfy her yaoi fetish.. kek..

Users who are viewing this thread