Daites Ryou Koubouki - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Fed-Kun's army
The Queen is completely terrified of her eldest son and it seems she wasn't wrong. Though at the moment he has two people who can calm him down.

Dex-chan lover
Dude has nearly unstoppable bouts of bloodlust and rape the instant he gets slightly annoyed but we're supposed to think his mom is in the wrong for being so goddamn terrified of him? Really?

It's probably a good thing he's not becoming King for now since eventually some bureaucratic problem would happen and make him explode.

Dex-chan lover
Did you... not read the previous chapters where she refuses to give consent and he forces himself on her repeatedly for hours? He clearly does not give a damn about consent whenever he gets worked up. He simply has favorites. Consent is merely a bonus that happens after the fact because he mindbroke her like in a hentai since this is a work of fiction.
The implication of what he said when he killed the assassin was that it was either kill somebody or get to raping time.

Every time I read this, I kinda sad when remember that this series' author is already gone.... 😢

Is it weird if I want the FL to get with the aide too? I feel like it's a bit unbalanced for me since ML is banging them both separately. That way it would be a well rounded poly relationship? I don't know how it works lol. I know there are people in consenting loving poly relationships but personally I'm too possessive for it to work.

@Roiya That's exactly what's been bothering me! I'm all for them having a poly relationship but rn it just feels like the prince has a wife and a mistress. 😫

Dex-chan lover
New friend Get! Hopefully, at least.

He seems nice. Nicer than his own country at least. I wonder why the king didn't offer to bring his wife in too?

Milliana, give me a gun.... I have a bitch to shoot in the head.... Not in the heart, coz that piece of crap has nothing that even resembles a heart.... and no brain either.... Wait.... Where should I shoot then? Pff... now that Matisa said what even a five year old would tell at glance, that piece of smelly crap behaves like the victim >.> this what they call the suffering of the wise because of the idiots -.-'
And I officially fell in love with the Undefeated King! He's such a kindhearted King, I can't help not loving him! Please, be sure to help Matisa and Milliana when the need arises! \(*o*)/

Psychronia, probably because the tag: shounen ai? Like he said he will never marry again, but never said he'd never get a lover... and since a male lover can't produce a heir it's all good... also he said after confirming with Matisa that he loves his wife he said "Then I'll give up." It sounded like he wanted him as his companion and lover, but since he's so goodhearted he didn't want to separate Matisa from Milliana.... This is my personal interpretation, tho :D

@ImperialDevotion Maybe Kocis isn't bi? He and Milliana seem to be more like friends than lovers, though I figure Matisa would be okay with them being together when he's not around.

I'm curious about the previous king of Echil, did he not have the same divine protection that his younger brother had? He was defeated after all. ^^;; Or maybe he lost the right to it or something?

Thanks to the team for translating this! 😭

Thanks to the team for translating this! 😭

@Psychronia & @Sou_Yukina, I imagine one reason why the "Undefeated King" of Echil did not invite Jillian was that he has spies and information network that have already informed him that Matisa married the lady of Daites, who has her own people to protect/her life largely belongs to the people of Daites to do with as they will. By extension, Daites is depicted as being a backwater hole to others. The marriage purely political (via order by the Queen to get rid of Matisa due to her fears over his powers), and thus likely that Matisa probably had zero feelings for her. Likewise, offering to bring in Daites would likely involve more issues than Mattias could speak for & would be a subsequent act of aggression (stealing a vassal state). The King might send forces to Daites and threaten war on Daites as a result of the Undefeated King's actions (it would also be an aggressive action vs a defensive war, risking the lives of the people of Daites).

The seeming goal was to, as suggested, invite Matisa to be the King's subject/consort. Since Matisa demonstrated that he indeed could not & would not leave M because Matisa loves her—then he has something to protect. As such, he instead offers a blanket promise of political/military aid to Matisa (whatever you require to protect that which you love, which I myself failed to protect).

In other words, he's offered a blanket promise of defensive protection of Matisa, M., and Daites against any foe (informally). In other words, a friendship was started.

Users who are viewing this thread