Dame Ningen no Aishikata - Ch. 2 - A girlfriend who is nursing a useless person.

Dex-chan lover
this series keeps making me reconsider whether i should like hizumi or not
I think in that sense she accomplished her purpose. She pushes the "like you for who you are" bar way off the deep end into a pathetic person fetish. She wants to feel needed. She wants him to depend on her and unable to break free. But the success of the manga ver is in justifying her abuse from our point of view because holy fuck this guy is absolute unbearable human filth waste of oxygen trash of a living creature. He would be the type to choose "jam fork in power socket" when asked to fix the lights

Dex-chan lover
Maybe she was hurt and abandoned before by someone she consider better than her so she chose to be with someone "useless" because he's save and will always be there. not that that's an excuse for how toxic she is

Supporter
For whatever reason whenever I see 'Haha' in this FMC's dialog I'm 100% convinced she's just literally saying 'Haha' instead of laughing.
ldc5fwhhqe971.png

Dex-chan lover
i hope she's at least rich /has a decent job because even without the psychological torment and stuff as a 'useless' boyfriend/partner it'd prolly be expensive to take care of him if he can't hold down a job, unless her 'berating' ends up making him numb to criticism from a potential workplace assuming he isn't fired by them lol

Wonder if his parents are dead/out of the picture because i don't see as many stories about ppl kicking out shut in neets versus just putting up with them staying in their rooms/basement all day

Dex-chan lover
For whatever reason whenever I see 'Haha' in this FMC's dialog I'm 100% convinced she's just literally saying 'Haha' instead of laughing.
i wonder if the katakana was written out like that, i was never rly able to imagine 'fufu' as a laugh either (tho i haven't watched anime in a while so idk if there's as many examples of it compared to it being translated that way since i just picture that as sounding like they're exhaling in a way lol)

Dex-chan lover
i hope she's at least rich /has a decent job

Yeah, was thinking the same.
She appears to be doing quite well, mostly because she has a PC with two monitors, a tidy workspace, a spacious desk, and is working from home. While these may seem normal, they stand out in a big city in Japan (Tokyo, I guess?), where she lives.

Desktops are a minority in Japan, which isn't surprising given the higher costs of components, but more importantly, having the space for such a setup means that your apartment is of a decent size, which in a city can be super expensive. (Or owning such a home)

Now add to this her entire fashion, and it becomes apparent that she is indeed well-off.

Dex-chan lover
reminds me of that episode on Futurama with the boss that got obsessed with Fry

Dex-chan lover
I kind of hope they pull this the direction of Nagatoro... the first few chapters were pretty rough until the writer leveled her out a bit.

Ideally she's trying to help him and is just kind of bad about expressing it... or he would half-ass it if it was sugar-coated. I'm going to ignore all the abuse / yandere / dependence red flags until the series actually goes dark.

Dex-chan lover
I kind of hope they pull this the direction of Nagatoro... the first few chapters were pretty rough until the writer leveled her out a bit.

Ideally she's trying to help him and is just kind of bad about expressing it... or he would half-ass it if it was sugar-coated. I'm going to ignore all the abuse / yandere / dependence red flags until the series actually goes dark.
I think it's more so that she has her own baggage, and can't really engage with people in a normal way. Note how she goes quiet and then deflects when he asks about her school days; she's got some issues with her past, I think.

Honestly, I like these sorts of toxic characters (Yuko Kurose from Boy's Abyss is my fave manga character, I'd say), I feel this manga would be a very compelling romance if the guy was less of a wimp and could call her out and challenge her.

Users who are viewing this thread