Danshi Koukousei wo Yashinaitai Onee-san no Hanashi - Vol. 6 Ch. 138

Dex-chan lover
Although it took a little bit of back pushing thanks for the update nonetheless!

Fed-Kun's army
I stand by my last comment: if we're translating onee-san, make it ma'am, at least. He definitely doesn't mean it in the sister sort of way. Otherwise, great chapters.

Power Uploader
I like how the chinese guy deleted his chapters. I guess he only wanted to stir up shit.

MD@Home
@monka188 He just wanted to bring some attention to the series, doesn't mean he wanted to "stir up shit" just because he started translating it. I wouldn't call uploading after a month of nothing, when the current group is 100 chapters behind, "sniping" or anything.
He just translated, and was even polite about not wanting to start anything with the other group.

Dex-chan lover
the poor chinese guy tried so hard, he even improved a lot in 1 chapter T_T

Dex-chan lover
In 2 months we only got 4 chapters, when we're 100 behind. Maybe it really is time for some proper group to snipe this

Fed-Kun's army
"I like how the chinese guy deleted his chapters. I guess he only wanted to stir up shit."

probably deleted them out of respect

MD@Home
@darekpawlo Let's hope the same thing that happened with Maou-jou de Oyasumi happens here I guess - some anon started translating a bunch of chapters, and the main group actually started getting them out faster.

Unless, of course, the group just can't get them out any faster because they're busy, in which case maybe it's best to hand it off to someone else?

Dex-chan lover
I do have to agree with @Marchimarch in english you aren’t going to call anyone brother, sister, uncle, etc unless they’re your actual family members (or your in a cult; I guess if you’re black too, but I’m black and that’s both never made sense or sounded right to me). It would be best to just leave it as Onee-san. A direct translation here messes with the context and connotation. That is to say no one in an English speaking country that I know of will walk up to some random older woman and call them “big sister” without getting some strange looks or everyone thinking they’re actually related (maybe close friends and even if a community uses sister or brother they aren’t going to specify older or younger). The most polite we’d call them is sir ma’am/madam (which also makes some people mad because it suggests that person is old...er; being polite is unnecessarily difficult in the U.S. if that gives any sense to it). Honestly, though you’re generally just going to shout “hey” and/or just immediately start talking in the general direction of the stranger while looking at them (yeah, we’re not a polite lot; if it says anything polite american (will hold the door open for you and say have a nice day among other stuff) is also historically racist america....). Then when you get to know them, you just use their name any time you want to refer to them specifically, and that’s it. Unlike, Japanese English doesn’t use honorifics or have any special stipulation (culturally) about using first names. That’s all just to say it hits WAY different when you translate Onee-san directly because english is culturally a different universe and the word just has a different connotative meaning.... I probably went on about that too much.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation...but as other have said we are really lagging behind the raws. If i remember correctly the raw now already pass 200 chapters.

Just use Onee-san. It's japanese people, living in Japan, speaking japanese. It doesn't have a proper equivalent in english.

Dex-chan lover
what if you guys collab with The guy before too?
just supply him the proper translations, and churn out the chaps... if it's 4-5 page per chap, wouldn't it be faster to catch up to the ~100 gap?

just asking....

Fed-Kun's army
@bigtiddyoneesan He was there for us when we needed him, he will be remembered

Kinda funny how they posted the chapters right after Chinesebro did lol
But I still appreciate the hard work, Thank you so much, but still 100 chapters behind.. uuhhg.. we need some help

Edit: Oh yeah, and the Chinesebro TL was really similar to this one, which would make his work really legit.

Dex-chan lover
Wait ? You guys are telling me that it's still not over ?
Man, she does everthing he wants. He should at least ask for a date or for her to start seeing him as a potential husband...

Users who are viewing this thread