Danzai no Majutsugari - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Reason to Fight

Dex-chan lover
Thanks and congrats on completing the series!

The series has good art and action scenes, but the writing is kinda lacking and the characters are not very charismatic.

The heroine has a title of “Element Master”, but mostly relegated to a commentator over the entire series, yet somehow managed to pull something grand (fully within her control) in the final chapter….

Anyway, I just found out that it’s the same author as the akashic record magic instructor (which is a decent series), but I can only think of this series as some sort of prototype or failed clone of that one in terms of writing and development.

That said it still was an enjoyable read, at least the action was fun to see.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
writing was... okay. I wont go so far as to say it was bad or trash or whatnot, the problem is that it felt way too condensed. Like the author was trying way too hard to fit all the stuff he wanted to incorporate into the story within the limited amount of chapters. Had the manga gotten a more sizeable number of chapters it probably would have felt a lot more natural and the progression wouldnt be so rushed. Art is great, characters didnt really get enough time to come into their own tho. 7/10

Dex-chan lover
The heroine has a title of “Element Master”, but mostly relegated to a commentator over the entire series, yet somehow managed to pull something grand (fully within her control) in the final chapter….
Gotta agree, I'd like to see some more action from her which has been hyped since the first chapter. I wish the author handled her character growth a bit better.

The concept and the premise are interesting tho. It's a shame that everything else regarding the story are a bit lacking

Double-page supporter
lol feels like watching anime just 12 episodes X'D but ok i think this final chapter for 1st arc waiting 2nd arc story........ if there is........

Dex-chan lover
It have a good art and ok story, but the characters are too mainstream and honestly the author tried too hard to make them unique, it end up making them edgy

Group Leader
When I picked up this series nearly a year ago I had some high hopes for it. I thought the art was good. I liked the opening of having crazy mages, with the people hunting them (i.e. the good guys) also being a little crazy. I thought the talented but naive/softhearted character with a more jaded and experienced mentor could work well.

It's a shame how it all went, but oh well. It definitely does feel rushed/axed, but I'm wondering when they would've been told that. Up through chapter 3 I feel like we were set for a sort of adventure/mystery/action series where they would've been hunting down various criminals and it would've eventually led to the confrontation with Jess. Chapter 4 (when Charlotte brings him back) you could still have that, just now they're affiliated with squad zero. But chapter 5, once she brings up the revolution, that feels like a big gear switch, and it really starts rushing from there (imo).

I think if there's one thing I'll miss from this series it'll be Charlotte, lol. I saw some comments saying they didn't like her, but, for me, I love the unhinged cutesy/playful act with the cold/calculating psycho underneath. The artificial hand is cool too. It's just a shame we didn't get to see her in action more.

Anyway, hopefully you enjoyed reading the series! And if you didn't... well I guess at least it was only 12 chapters? lol

Users who are viewing this thread