Darashinai Onee-san wo Kaitai - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
It sort of sends signals that you're not after to compete with an eventual licensed product later.
Try listing three manga that have ever been licensed for American distribution that prominently feature onee/shota (that aren't Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid).

I'm fine with censored raws myself (though they're kind of goofy), but I wanted to point out the aforementioned.

I reckon you are actually more likely to find onee/loli in America.

Dex-chan lover
Try listing three manga that have ever been licensed for American distribution that prominently feature onee/shota (that aren't Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid).

I'm fine with censored raws myself (though they're kind of goofy), but I wanted to point out the aforementioned.

I reckon you are actually more likely to find onee/loli in America.
That quickly becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy though.
I'm using the magazine raws (public raws though) for chapter 3 though. Not that I really think there's a really big difference.

Dex-chan lover
The beer hat is quite stylish, I can't deny. Nothing looks better on a woman than alcohol.

@thrashpanda Thanks for the translation. It's really good. I just thought I'd give you my unsolicited and ignorant opinion. You might want to leave "older sister" untranslated. I know the various Japanese words for older sister can be used for unrelated older females but it isn't really used that way in english. It pretty much always means your older sister.
^ Agree 100%. In English, having a character use "big sister" to address someone not in their family is misleading and jarring.

Dex-chan lover
The beer hat is quite stylish, I can't deny. Nothing looks better on a woman than alcohol.

^ Agree 100%. In English, having a character use "big sister" to address someone not in their family is misleading and jarring.
It's also jarring using Japanese words in a English translation. I use honorifics because there's really no way around them and getting a similar meaning in English, but there's a perfectly good translation for onee-san, even though the cultural meaning might be different for Asia compared to the Western world.

Dex-chan lover
It's also jarring using Japanese words in a English translation. I use honorifics because there's really no way around them and getting a similar meaning in English, but there's a perfectly good translation for onee-san, even though the cultural meaning might be different for Asia compared to the Western world. [emphasis mine]
It's very similar to the honorifics. The cultural meaning can't easily be captured in English. But the audience has become familiar with the use and meaning of "onee-san" in Japanese. Leaving it untranslated is pretty standard in manga/anime.

Just my opinion, no offense intended. It's an excellent translation overall. I appreciate all the work you've put in.

Dex-chan lover
3 pages in, MC tells us he is a helpful kind of person that would go out of his way to be helpful to other people, even if they don't ask for help.
If there is a real individual like this IRL, and he intrudes in my personal space to help with my crooked tie or shirt without my say so, Imma deck him in the face.

Dex-chan lover
:shamihuh:what the fudge?
this make no sense! and how is that beer can not falling off!?

Dex-chan lover
:shamihuh:what the fudge?
this make no sense! and how is that beer can not falling off!?
She said that it was a hat, so maybe she modded it (using her two brain cells) and there's a hairpin/bobby pin on the bottom...??

Dex-chan lover
Thanks panda for the translation, love you man, I genuinely though this would be an H manga onee-san × shota. This was unexpected but a welcome one
If this were a darker H manga a girl like her asleep in a box that says "please pick me up" could very well be a discarded used-up mind-broken sex toy. She's what you'd get after corrupting and mind breaking the honor-student class president or morals committee chairman.

Dex-chan lover
If this were a darker H manga a girl like her asleep in a box that says "please pick me up" could very well be a discarded used-up mind-broken sex toy. She's what you'd get after corrupting and mind breaking the honor-student class president or morals committee chairman.
Surprising foreshadowing of sorts lol.

Dex-chan lover
If it were an h manga (purely hypothical), the route I'd be seeing is that the lewd mistress tries to find a hubby and Mr shota being kind and helpful can't resist his urge to help her, cut to the scene where he enters her house and bam the alcohol kicks into overdrive and you know the rest that'll happen (it's a secret between us) kinda trope. I'll be happy if the censorship is gone and I can see BOOBA without BARS and then I'll end up behind bars

Dex-chan lover
Even though the husband thought otherwise, the perceptive (empty) beer bottles had a feeling it was Onee X Shota. :kek:

Dex-chan lover
I’m actually amazed that beer can somehow not falling. Is she ducttapping it to her head?:thonk:

Dex-chan lover
She's actually a super genius that invented a way for things to stick to hair, but it didn't help her find a husband so she gave up on it. Watch this become the actual explanation later on lol

Dex-chan lover
Well, it fun when it's older woman and younger boy but people will freak out if it's an adult man with a high school girl.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it fun when it's older woman and younger boy but people will freak out if it's an adult man with a high school girl.
He's in middle school, I think, so your analogy should be "an adult man with a middle school girl."

Users who are viewing this thread