Dark Gathering - Ch. 56 - Rain

shuten doji doesnt even get two chapters to kill... well it is effective to kill it quick rather than let it drag along. thanks for the chapter.

Looks like the Priest-san is Abe no Seimei, especially since he did mention Chitoku Hoshi.

Since according to the stories Chitoku wanted to test Seimei to see if he was as great as people said. So he disguised himself
and visited Seimei’s house. Seimei saw through the disguise and instantly he saw that the two servants Chitoku had brought with him were shikigami—summoned servant spirits—in disguise.

Dex-chan lover
Shuten Doji lost a bit too easily, it is indeed a bit anti-climatic (or maybe I was too hyped), but I think it was still quite hype. It'd be hard to win against someone with foresight after all.

The artwork has always been amazing, and I feel like I keep saying this, but omg this chapter's visuals are so cool! Shuten Doji's design and expression, the shikigami, the snakes and dragons...I kneel.

Poor Shuten Doji, at least his design is cool. Also poor shikigami being taken away lol. That's also killing 2 birds with 1 stone, great job priest-san.

Character development for the ghost, for better or worse...it seems very ominous. While he might get more powerful, it might be harder to control him, too. Future plot line.

Dex-chan lover
Shuten gonna be a mouthy recurring character since he got sealed isnt he lol.
They are better off just kill that creepy ass face mask murderer ghost feels like he will do more harm than good

Dex-chan lover
Seems they wanted his plotline for the killing ghost but had to rush it for now. Still fine but I did get the impression the author wanted closer to a mini arc for shiten douji than just two chapters

Dex-chan lover
not sure what really was the purpose of this mini arc if shuten doji was just bodied by abe no seimei. i guess it did some more foreshadowing that the old old f tunnel ghost isnt quite docile yet, and it displayed how strong the priest is (and indirectly how strong the star god really is since he wasnt dealt with). hopefully keitaro will learn some of those techniques

Dex-chan lover
All of this just so a graduate can get a power up, i wonder what kind of monsters they will be by the end.

Users who are viewing this thread