Dark Gathering - Ch. 64 - Murder Of The Lord

Maybe what Abe no Seimei meant in the power structure changing is that when masakado scattered the energy it also powered up every spirit in japan essentially boosting everything evil/good spirits alike

Dex-chan lover
What an epic fight all the way to the end, with a satisfying conclusion to boot!! This manga never fails to deliver. As always, the art is superb as well. I even came to appreciate Taisai Seikun more in this chapter, he's a fighter through and through. I also love his rebellious spirit.
The main body is the real "Taisui Xingjun" presumably located in Mainland China. The one defeated(Taisai Seikun/Taisaishin) is it's bunrei/avatar/split soul that is enshrined in Japan. Even though they were originally one entity, the bunrei seems to act independently from it's real body and seems to dislike any interference coming from the main body. In short it rebelled against it's other half.
Somehow, I didn't know and expect this Taisai Seikun to be a bunrei, but that makes sense. Acting independently and even rebelling from the main body is even more surprising - I think this will make it even easier for him to work with Yayoi. I look forward to see how he'll act.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
By the way, i remember yayoi mention transcendant jizo before, she didnt use it in this battle?

Dex-chan lover
so the main enemy is chinese?
China has massive number of Demon and rogue god in myth and many actually is known in Japan too.
it does not surprise if there even more terrifying bring in this story China.

By the way, i remember yayoi mention transcendant jizo before, she didnt use it in this battle?
No, because she didn't have time to get him (and the samurai mustache)
And if I'm not mistaken, the way she talk about the jizo make it looks like a pain in the ass to use

Fed-Kun's army
No, because she didn't have time to get him (and the samurai mustache)
And if I'm not mistaken, the way she talk about the jizo make it looks like a pain in the ass to use
Yeah. Yayoi has said that he's stronger than a normal graduate and rather unruly, though not as unruly as "Class 0", the graduate she made while in hospital. I was also reminded of the other big thing the gang still needs to do: seeing the train derailment where Kuubo and Tai fought. And since Tai is captured now, he can offer his own insight on the creature.

Dex-chan lover
So, can someone tell me or remind me who this "another God" is behind the God they were fighting before? And has AI been uncontrolled for now?

Since this manga comes out monthly, I'm afraid I'm the only one who forgot about the details they mentioned before.

Thank you in advance.

Oh, nevermind, now I got it from Elenesia's comment https://forums.mangadex.org/threads/dark-gathering-ch-64-murder-of-the-lord.1884921/post-22806138

Im still curious about Ai's condition tho.
Ai's likely out as the deal was made with bunrei Taisui, not with main body who only used her as a medium to communnicate and mess around.

Dex-chan lover
If only Taira no Masakado was already this strong, the 2 other Vengeful Spirits would be more than enough for repelling main body of Taisui.
Not to mention local 8 millions god. Will we see Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu in this series? Feels like they appear too much in manga already.
We've seen their bunrei as Abe's shikigami. They kicked ass.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh, that's right. The shikigami in Keitaro. Is Seimei going to let him keep them? Probably...maybe he can actually teach him how to invoke them instead of relying on him being in mortal danger...which is often, but still!

Dex-chan lover
I really feel like the series should end around this. I don't know how it can keep the power scaling going, find a new story, or anything really while still remaining interesting.

Dex-chan lover
I really feel like the series should end around this. I don't know how it can keep the power scaling going, find a new story, or anything really while still remaining interesting.

We still have the evil spirits that possessed psychics as well as the actual main ghost Yayoi's after, now this main body in China they just pissed off

I think will be a timeskip sooner or later due to some chars presented that will be developed (The Buddha's blessed old man, the granddaughter of that old woman whose sister was replaced, the Yayoi's friend who got interested and got involved with Eiko)

And there's that curse on the Eiko's and Keitaro's hands.

Users who are viewing this thread