Dark Gathering - Ch. 64 - Murder Of The Lord

I think will be a timeskip sooner or later due to some chars presented that will be developed (The Buddha's blessed old man, the granddaughter of that old woman whose sister was replaced, the Yayoi's friend who got interested and got involved with Eiko)

And there's that curse on the Eiko's and Keitaro's hands.
A timeskip might be interesting, but what would require it? Yayoi isn't going to stop anytime soon unless something drastic happens.

Tbh i dont really like the lastest 2 chapter, feels like the pace and the end are kinda rushed.

Chap 63 64 are short and the fight is kinda boring, using the "recalling -> new skill-> destroy the enemy" pattern, Masakado being really OP against the likes of Taisai, main Taisai's debut is disappointing too while his profile is something else.

One more thing is a group of kids risking their life to face a actual god who is in control of natural forces of the world, capable of twisting human's fate, has the craziest lore ever introduced in the series, AND they won, going home unscathed? Like, even when they were going to haunted places there were always consequences and trauma, thus made it feel real but now, i dont really like the idea of Masakado healing the whole Kyoto, everyone got up like nothing happens.

Tbh i dont really like the lastest 2 chapter, feels like the pace and the end are kinda rushed.

Chap 63 64 are short and the fight is kinda boring, using the "recalling -> new skill-> destroy the enemy" pattern, Masakado being really OP against the likes of Taisai, main Taisai's debut is disappointing too while his profile is something else.

One more thing is a group of kids risking their life to face a actual god who is in control of natural forces of the world, capable of twisting human's fate, has the craziest lore ever introduced in the series, AND they won, going home unscathed? Like, even when they were going to haunted places there were always consequences and trauma, thus made it feel real but now, i dont really like the idea of Masakado healing the whole Kyoto, everyone got up like nothing happens.
Short? It only feels that way because both chapters had 6 double page spreads. And while everyone getting healed feels like a deus ex machina, I feel like it still fits with what Seimei said before. "Power doesn't disappear, it flows. Like water going from one cup to another." In this case, it returns to the land and the people.

Dex-chan lover
We still have the evil spirits that possessed psychics as well as the actual main ghost Yayoi's after, now this main body in China they just pissed off
The story never really gives you a reason to care about any of that though. At least here we had that they were fighting for a friend, and even this was paced quite slow, as someone who's been reading for years.

Dex-chan lover
The story never really gives you a reason to care about any of that though. At least here we had that they were fighting for a friend, and even this was paced quite slow, as someone who's been reading for years.

Kuubou/The Spectre of Death has been the big bad since the start and is running around using Yayoi's mom to eat gods so we'll see

Wdym never give a reason? They ARE the reason why all this shit started, they created Kuubo which took away Yayoi's mother, they tampered with people's lives and made them become revengeful ghost to foster Kuubo too, which have been solved by Yayoi and the gang. Simply put, they are among the main antagonists of this series.

About the pace, the author once said he tried his best to keep the pace as fast as possible to maintain the hype due to the manga being monthly, that's there are so many fights after fights, nonstop actions. Also, i think this series is pretty detailed and the world is built by hard logic, the author actually cares about readers and makes lots of explanations too, there is almost no plothole, asspull or something unexplainable.

Oh really? NO reason to care about the thing that took Yayoi's Mom or its creators, who are slowly infiltrating society? Sure, bud.

Last edited:
Now this got me think about the ranking order of power among the graduates and their classifications. At the start of this battle all graduates are S ranks but quite a few of them got some nasty upgrades. So this is how feel about each of them now:

1- Masakado: without a doubt he’s the current strongest under Yayoi’s wing based onhis performance in the last chapter. Just the fact that he beat a God ( a bunrei but still a God) and rip out the arm of the actual God should be reasonable enough to put him on SSS rank, right?

2- Demon Sergeant: got the second most upgrades after this fight and you could say he carried most of this fight with Taisui before Masakao’s transformation. His upgrades are pretty nasty too. I cant think of how the rest of the graduates can take him down if they fight him. He’s definitely much stronger than a standard graduate now and should be SS.

3- Otogiri: Already extremely dangerous as is, her Realm of Suffering is a nice upgrade that makes her evn more dangeroues. I feel like she should be in SS.

4- Black Asura: he didnt get any upgrade after the fight but he’s still among the most reliable graduate. Also Taisui openly recognized him as the most dangerous on the field and prioritized to take him out. In fact he managed to take an arm off Taisi’s almost by himself. I think he should be SS if he’s not already.

5- Rappacious Bleach Head: Used to be the weakest but he got Shuten Doji and the Yamata Orochi power now. At the timr of the fight he was still fresh with the new powers but i have no doubt dude would get so much more dangerous as he gets used to them. Should or will eventually be SS or even higher.

6- Jizo: honestly i just put him/ them here because Yayoi said this one was already stronger than a Graduate.

7- Self-Slitted Maiden: didnt get upgrades but she remains the Best Girl and thr most reliable and trustworthy ally on the team. She still remains the best support though.

8- Priest: dangerous but weak. Too easy to counter. Need a lot of support to utilize his lower so he remains at the bottom

Last edited:

NIB

Dex-chan lover
Don't mess with Masakado, you shitty and cocky god, you deserve to have that arm ripped apart.
I love how the vessel "god" acknowledges Masakado's power.

Dex-chan lover
So not even a god can fight against new emperor of the land, bro just got decimated by the Enuma Elish arrow which formed by the grudge of the people who wasn't born. I'm curious what would happen next, at this point Yayoi have enough weapons to start seriously looking for Kuubou, but that doesn't seems to be doable without the help from bigger organizations.

Fed-Kun's army
Now this got me think about the ranking order of power among the graduates and their classifications. At the start of this battle all graduates are S ranks but quite a few of them got some nasty upgrades. So this is how feel about each of them now:

1- Masakado: without a doubt he’s the current strongest under Yayoi’s wing based onhis performance in the last chapter. Just the fact that he beat a God ( a bunrei but still a God) and rip out the arm of the actual God should be reasonable enough to put him on SSS rank, right?

2- Demon Sergeant: got the second most upgrades after this fight and you could say he carried most of this fight with Taisui before Masakao’s transformation. His upgrades are pretty nasty too. I cant think of how the rest of the graduates can take him down if they fight him. He’s definitely much stronger than a standard graduate now and should be SS.

3- Otogiri: Already extremely dangerous as is, her Realm of Suffering is a nice upgrade that makes her evn more dangeroues. I feel like she should be in SS.

4- Black Asura: he didnt get any upgrade after the fight but he’s still among the most reliable graduate. Also Taisui openly recognized him as the most dangerous on the field and prioritized to take him out. In fact he managed to take an arm off Taisi’s almost by himself. I think he should be SS if he’s not already.

5- Rappacious Bleach Head: Used to be the weakest but he got Shuten Doji and the Yamata Orochi power now. At the timr of the fight he was still fresh with the new powers but i have no doubt dude would get so much more dangerous as he gets used to them. Should or will eventually be SS or even higher.

6- Jizo: honestly i just put him/ them here because Yayoi said this one was already stronger than a Graduate.

7- Self-Slitted Maiden: didnt get upgrades but she remains the Best Girl and thr most reliable and trustworthy ally on the team. She still remains the best support though.

8- Priest: dangerous but weak. Too easy to counter. Need a lot of support to utilize his lower so he remains at the bottom
I don't think we can classify the Transcendant Jizo yet, we just don't information about that one. Same goes for the General ghost, the class 0 and the class 3. Other than that, this ranking seems legit

Fed-Kun's army

I will still put Otogiri on the same level as before considering all her moves require charge ups. Especially 'A House in Flames' and 'Kugai'

Dex-chan lover
So not even a god can fight against new emperor of the land, bro just got decimated by the Enuma Elish arrow which formed by the grudge of the people who wasn't born. I'm curious what would happen next, at this point Yayoi have enough weapons to start seriously looking for Kuubou, but that doesn't seems to be doable without the help from bigger organizations.
Feels like she will go home to save Dorothy first. Would be out of character for Yayoi to see a classmate in trouble and not helping. It will also bring her to conflict to the replaced who are behind Kuubo. There's also old lady Shami and head monk Jougan behind her so it's not like our trio (now quartet?) will fight alone.

Banned

Self-Slitted waifu didn't get upgrades, yes. But she did gained a new way to deal with enemies quick

Remember that Malevolent Chopping Board?

Users who are viewing this thread