Days - Vol. 24 Ch. 211 - God and Monster

Dex-chan lover
And now with less than 30 minutes left, a comeback becomes even more ridiculous.

Dex-chan lover
Yea... i cant see a comeback. And im just gonna assume Tsukamoto gets into the game in the 2nd half

urgh this arc is trash

too many useless chapters, the arc were way too long. every single goal attempt took one chapter, it's bullshit. And Seiseki down 3-0 with less than 30 minutes into 2nd half, without Tsukamoto appearing yet.

i would be even more furious if somehow Seiseki with Tsukamoto able to pull off a comeback and won the game. The author have to remove at least Shimura, Katou, and the Goalie from the game and throw mediocre level players to make it less "plot-armor-ish".

It feels awkward how Tsukamoto hype chapter was like 5 or so chapters ago and yet still no sign. Emotional payoff for his entrance could have been huge now the story has to build it back up again. Missed opportunity really

Aggregator gang
Glad I'm not the only one who completely hates this match. Now if they turn it around it'll just feel like bullshit, and if they lose it'll also be trash. It's kinda ruined for me.

Aggregator gang
@XellosPY it's not really bullshit.. I've seen turnarounds of 3-3, 4-4 and 5-7 in real matches, two of which were title winning. Plus this is amateur level

Dex-chan lover
@Duckiedoggo Worst part is I can remember Ikariya, Katou, Marco, the other defender... and that's it from Ryouzan. And only the first three seem to do anything and can do *anything*.

Jesus holly rock star , 12 minutes in 2nd half (67 mins) , 35 chapters !!! need 50 chapters for 1 game ? really 😲

@Cynic IKR. This game comes with so much hype, and 30+ chapters in, it's still accomplish nothing but spells the end for Seiseki. Even Ryouzan doesn't look like a top school because the characters were poorly developed

I think this manga want to take Daiya no A route, but even then it's too much. Whatever the result is, this game is dragged for too long, and doesn't give any decent development.

Dex-chan lover
@Duckiedoggo Can't help but compare to Giant Killing and ETU's first match with Osaka Gunners. Osaka go 2 up before the break largely due to player mistakes but we have an idea that the coach is planning something and had expected to concede just once. The second half is where the gameplan bears fruit and it is believable -- both players who allowed the goals learn their lessons and don't make the same mistakes, the opposition are shown not to be infinite-stamina freaks who can play anywhere and steal the thunder in every play, the first ETU goals come through the opponent being tricked by ETU into chasing the wrong players and not expecting a defender to score (respectively), and matchups during the first half bear fruit when two important Osaka players need to be subbed out due to losing their stamina -- which is exactly what the coach had planned.

We are getting cockteased about whatever Ubakata planned for the match but aside from some sparks like Ooshiba down back, we never saw a pay-off and it's too late to make it believable. And @andrmnh mentions real life examples but there's a thing called narrative foreshadowing. We have gotten no signs of Seiseki breaking through aside from Mizuki's one-man plays. This is just poorly written.

Group Leader
Sorry can't help but ask - in which chapter will our Tsukamoto play? It's the thing I look forward to by now

Aggregator gang
@XellosPY oh hey sure I mightve misread your issue with the story. Just saying I do think it's not that bad.

@Cynic But to me at least, the foreshadowing has been in place all along. There's loads of instances since the start of oshiba dropping back and mizukis initiatives, where tsukishima can latch onto the loose balls if he was playing.

I'm so used to tsukishimas pressing, interceptions and blocks that it feels so empty reading this arc. I think all those chances proved that tsukishima could have given them an extra edge in a lot of the 1v1 contests. And once the tired opposition all set their eyes on mizuki, then tsukishima can really work his magic.

Everything up to this point has set the stage for tsukishima to shine. If author just put him in and they suddenly win people would scream "ASSPULL". They created a scenario where it is absolutely necessary for tsukishima to be on that pitch and successfully do his tsukishima thing.

That being said, the pacing does grind my gears.. Cheers~

Users who are viewing this thread