Dazzling Prince! - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

I like the concept of her abilities but it hasn't been used for anything important since the stabbing incident. Hopefully we see more of it in action soon.

Thanks for the new chapter! ☺️

Fed-Kun's army
It'd be nice if she killed the prince instead of boning him after they pulled that contract bs.

I'm disappointed about this chapter... it was definitely her own fault for not even reading or trying to comprehend the contract, but fuck, they almost couldn't have made it worse for her. That's honestly so disgusting. And when she's working as a maid, they're genuinely making her do maid chores? That's not what she was supposed to do, don't make her do even more you assholes. It pisses me off that she's not even slightly angry at them. Get some fucking backbone.

@Yomitachiacc YES, I'm in the kill the third prince-faction too, goddamn

Im guessing the author meant this to be taken in a light-hearted way but god the two of them just seem worse and worse each chapter, aren’t you supposed to be wooing her instead of putting her up against an impossible contract, making her upset and feeling trapped?? I’d run away so fast if I were her. What’s even the point of making her work as a maid.

..?

So how is this supposed to make me root for the prince and MC getting together?
Is it romantic to be trapped in a contract that makes you feel like a disposable object? Where the man you thought was honorable won't even back you up or even attempt to put you on equal footing?
In what universe would you ever fall in love with a man who doesn't care about giving you legal equal footing, pursues you when you're clearly uncomfortable, and takes advantage of his position of power so that you can't escape without falling into financial or social ruin?

She should just ignore any warning signs from here on out and let the prince get killed. Who'd put the blame on her? No one understands her powers fully so they can't dispute her if she lies and says there was a limit to her abilities, and she is a woman in an era where they were not expected to engage in self-defense or work as bodyguards. The prince obviously doesn't value her enough to actually compensate her, so she should return the favor.

Edit: Speaking of which, that's a huge oversight by this supposedly "intelligent" aide. Since there is no way for them to understand the limits of her powers other than what she tells them, there is a huge disadvantage to 1) revealing the absolute shit deal she's signed for and 2) giving her a shit deal in the first place. Don't they know the saying "you attract more flies with honey"? She can't even look at the prince's face without going blind, so whatever looks he's got ain't shit as far as the MC is concerned. Taking her claims at face value when she's only been around for a short time and immediately testing her patience with a shit contract, even if you're confident you can protect the prince otherwise or suss out any treason before it happens, is just an unnecessary risk. Especially since she's getting exclusive insight to the prince's schedule and seems to be in the same room where official documents are being handled.

Supporter
Asian culture (from the hundreds of J,K and C shoujo/josei I've read so far) seems to find being forced into a relationship against the woman's will to be the apex of romance, so this seems par for the course.

You know what I just realized? This is how you have someone go traitor. She's basically got unfettered access to the Prince, could just turn a blind eye in exchange for getting her and her family to join another country, and bam, she's out of the contract. Doesn't matter if the king of some other country (that your country is either at war with or fighting secretly) says that you owe them money, you don't answer to them.

While it might be funny, this is an incredibly dumb way to go about things. She saved the Prince's life, confirmed his potential, stole his heart, and you repay it by treating her like an enemy and putting her into a legal prison situation where she is required to die should she need to? Fucking hell, she can just pretend to sneeze at the right time and not notice an assassin as he sticks a knife in the prince, and with how you treated her like a freaking enemy she'd have plenty of motivation to do just that. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot just to say you won.

Double-page supporter
@shanoc5902 I was pretty much thinking the same thing, just pretend to not see the next assassin and bam no more prince, no more contract. :) It was getting me so triggered I was thinking "Bitch(Prince) just die!"

Dex-chan lover
Just to throw another voice towards the anti-prince faction here, screw that asshole and his assistant.

@shanoc5902 I hope this is how the plot turns!

Her random "he is cute" is giving me a stockholm syndrome vibe than a romcom one. Really leaves one wanting.

so she's baiscally working for a black company. It's her own fault for not reading it but wow these FL seems to be getting trapped in an awful lot of situations like this lately.

... so I thought this was a cute story, but the whole contract thing just felt like a bucket of ice cold water. It would be one thing if the assistant was the only one scheming stuf, but the prince was totally on board and blaming her to boot (how careless of you!). If you want her to stay make her want to stay for f*** sake, don't put her in a position where she can never leave. It wouldn't even be hard, give her a promise of sending an assistant to her father that can curb his excess of generosity and Voila! she's all yours.
And isn't his super bright aura supposed to mean that he's an excessively good person? I don't see it. At. All.
And I'm mad at her too. Not reading any of the contract is complete idiocy on her part. She knows the assistant is shady, she saw it in his aura. Her gift is supposed to give her an edge!
If I was the assistant I might actually fire her because clearly she's not very good at using her gift, so what's the point?

Anyway the end was fun, I'm always a fan of reading MLs who are suffering a very one sided love, and honestly this one deserves it more than most. It wasn't fun enough to make up for that disastrous beginning though.
sorry for the rant

Aww yeah forcing the female lead into doing something she didnt want because you deserve her power and love!
*pukes in corner*
On flip side its great to see a community come together like this: everyone wants the prince to be gone

thanks for the chapter
idk, this "contract" sucks.
disappointed with this setting.

I know he's probably just want to keep her close to him so he could get to knew her better and develop their relationship but that's not how you do it, he's making her feel uncomfortable and starve to have her freedom back=leaving his stupid@$$
Thank you for the chapter ♥♥

Dex-chan lover
I just stopped reading this midway. I can't take it. Please, somebody tell me, this isn't a "He is acting like a piece of shit, but in the end I'm in love with him, because he is the ML. *teehee*"-kind of story. I can't stand MCs that forgive any kind of mistreatment of them and their beloved ones, because the author forgot about it and everything is glorious and cotton candy afterwards.

I'm not rating it, as I might be wrong, but I'm marking this as dropped, so if I'm wrong and this story is actually good or better, please leave a comment @-ed at me. Thx in advance.

Double-page supporter
It's back! Finally ~

I still don't like the prince, and how Rina is treated. I really hope she doesn't fall in love with the prince....

Thanks Solace!

Fed-Kun's army
I admit, the contract thing is BS...there's literally no reason for the assistant to go this far with MC because she's obviously the kind of individual who wouldn't leave the Prince to die if her services are needed.

But because we're reading this from MC's point of view, I can't help thinking there's motive behind this...the off looks the assistant gave in the previous chapters (and the fact that we literally can't see the Prince's face and the expressions he's making), makes me wonder if they're taking drastic measures to keep her by their side on the off chance she's being targeted too.

I really like the fact that the other girls are nice to her, it's refreshing in a story like this, but I'm wondering if one of them is targeting her in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread