Dazzling Prince! - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
i guess we're just ment to ignore the fact that she was just tricked into signing a slave contract and is still suppose to cheer for the slaver prince to get with MC?

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, this chapter made me so mad. How is this fair at all? She's literally a slave at this point. If I was her, I would gladly go to jail and even accept a death sentence. At least that's better than this trash.

There's so many loopholes in the contract and it's completely unenforceable, and the fact that they spend so long on it makes it even more clear how stupid it is. Yikes. Its so absolutely worthless, they would be better off threatening her with treason if she leaves.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, what a quick way to make those two boys utterly detestable. I kinda hope she stabs them.

Double-page supporter
So I had a look at the raws and while I can't read japanese, I'll tell what I can glean from the next chapters.

So it would appear that the prince feels a little bad, maybe, and wants to get FL a present and wants to give her glasses, because he found out that she's shortsighted. She is gifted the glasses and all of a sudden, she can't see auras! It appears that the glasses blocks her ability and thus she can see the prince's face. The attendant, so far I can tell, does not really give shit about her. Instead, FL and the attendant has to now spy on the other consort candidates while they're out in the garden and it seems that FL's feelings for the prince is growing. Either way, it's time for dance practice! Because fuck the protagonist of the story, all she's good for is to fall in love with prince, FUCK, I AM SO GODDAMN PISSED! Anyway, it seems that the prince is doing that typical flirt-teasing thing to the FL during practice, you know, the thing they do in high school-romance-manga. Either way, he doesn't seem anymore considerate towards other than when it suits him. The raws end when the ball they were practicing for begins and it seems that the FL will be the prince's first dance partner. She doesn't wear any glasses because that's the only otheer thing she's good for. I'm still angry, can you tell? The prince hands her her glasses because the idiot obviously likes her and wants her to look at him while they dance. End of raws.

TL,DR: I'm pissed, angry, annoyed, frustrated, infuriated and livid.

this author is gonna have to work rly hard to redeem the prince, bc so far he's just been exploiting her poverty to make her stay, and then exploiting her some more as a live in maid. just bc you like her doesn't make all that okay, dammit, come up with a better way to appeal yourself!

Contributor
storytelling wise it's kinda bad, but if you think about it you basically have an attendant with magical-basically-mind-reading powers that makes your job 1000 times easier and safer. I guess out of all this she's getting financial aid and a good salary but i understand why they did the things they did to her, she's way too useful.

@Bungothemonkey So it just comes down to him being handsome? Figures.

I'm sure this story will spin a tale about him working to uplift the kingdom and solving the issues of the people out of the goodness of his heart hence why he wasn't interested in being crown prince, blablabla, but more importantly look how hot he is, can't you see he's a good person just from his face? Only infallible male protagonists get a face this hot bla bla.

@Qelix Don't you get it? It's a joke! What girl wouldn't love to be forced into slavery at the threat of ending up homeless, where she is forced to throw her life away for this guy who she doesn't care about and is okay with whatever keeps her close to him! It's all totally romantic! /s

In all seriousness, the contract stuff is completely ignored once they're done talking about how she can never leave. It's just a plot device meant to keep her here while also giving the reader something to laugh at, that's why the Prince takes such a, "Damn, did you even read this contract?" stance, he is meant to be a third party pointing out how ridiculous (and thus humorous) this is, and then the characters all stop caring because it I'd just a plot device to avoid her from running away. As far as the story is concerned what happened there is she said, "I am running away!" Attendant said, "No we need you!", and then she stayed. The problem is that a reader invested in her as a character would find this level of malice repulsive rather than funny....

Double-page supporter
@iskaeil From what I could see, he has more childlike qualities and that just makes me think that FL thinks that he's cute rather than anything else. One nice surprise is if it turns out that she sees him as too much of a child to actually love him.

I would like there to be more of a fuss or an outrage regarding what happened in this chapter, but I don't think that will happen, sadly. I'd really like to see the attendant and the prince get what they deserve.

I did also mention that he makes her wear the glasses at the ball. This makes me think that he'll get hurt and she will blame herself and then nurse him back to health. Or at least try to. I imagine that the attendant will makes sure that no one can get close to the prince and make things worse for the FL. But the prince will insist on seeing her and then they will grow closer again. This is all speculation because of the glasses at the ball thing.

We'll see later if I'm right.

If you have to use plothooks as strong as blackmail to keep your FL from running away, your story is fucked up and no "cute" or "handsome" will fix your ML from being an abusive douchebag.

I really hate that forceful part.
Why the author usually romantize sth like this.🤢

The happy ending is just that FL cannot get any mean to escape, as u know ML is really powerful in someway, I think.

Anyway, thx a lot 4 your hard work!
It's easy to read.

the only characters I like and care about other than MC are the other queen candidates, i hope they will show up again soon

Dex-chan lover
Kinda pisses me off they took advantage of her and give her a shit contract...they should all suffer for it

Ukh.. gotta agree with other comments, it's hard to like the prince after this chapter and that manipulative assistant 😣

I was soo frustrated when I was reading this but after going through this comment section I felt so much better lol. (Thx everyone ㅠㅠ)
I kinda wish our mc would just get out of here and continue being friends with these ladies, They are so cute together! ❁ ⁺✧

Users who are viewing this thread