DDoS Attack Causing Slow Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
@zevelworld
Works fine for me. At about 80% of the former loading speed, but still very acceptable loading times.
Make it 40%. Went back down to crappy loading times. It seems to fluctuate, or I am stoned high without taking anything.

@Closedbox
Honestly, yeah. Fan-TL is a very grey area, but the moment they start to open up a Patreon, is when things get really sketchy.

Dex-chan lover
@Closedbox
They bought one.. and they have like 20k reading what they translate.. how's that for money comparison?
Doesn't impact the original market. And qualifies for Fair Use. Not as relevant as you think.
Yeah they buy those magazines.. BUT WE DO NOT..
Speak for yourself. I've bought digital versions of some doujins and manga before. Legally. Including, yes, the original Japanese, in order to support the mangaka. Especially with digital doujin sales, a lot of that is going to the people that made it.
Does anybody in here can actually read goddamn metaphors? or just want to "protect" illegal stuff ? seriously wake up guys.
Does anyone read my post when they reply to it where I detail out, including with sources, why this "yar har fiddle dee dee yer an illegal pirate matey" nonsense you keep repeating isn't correct in the first place? By the way, unless I'm seriously mistaken, MangaDex - as do many manga sites - do NOT allow licensed content without permission to be hosted. That is one of the very few cases where you would have so-called "illegal" (it's copyright infringement) content. And before anyone says anything, no, I don't advocate stealing that. I'm talking purely fan translation works here.

Fed-Kun's army
@definitionofinsanity

do you think how many of you manga reader who bought every kind of manga MD has? i guess NONE.. cause you don't.. you only buy things you want to read and want to keep. and to support your favorite..
So yeah you only speak for yourself on those part that you have bought the rest none.

Do you ever click random manga and read it then you did not buy the said manga?
Then i guess you are ONE OF US now dick :)

If it does not " impact " the said market? JAPANESE PEOPLE WOULD NOT MAKE STOP PIRATING SHITS.. do you study economy? i guess not? me too but i know selling 1 copy instead of 20k copies is a fucking bad DEAL..

@Solipsist

OH CHRIST.. at last one of the human species in this forum of hypocrisy :)
Thank you for that gray area comment with a side of bad patreon for money.

Scantalating is not bad.
But to earn money cause you edit text or clean up chat clouds.
Yeah you need money to buy your raws.
It's good but it's wrong too when you distribute it and earn money for it.
it's like chinchong games. western sells apple. rebranded that shit into chingchong ripoff then sells it for profit.

Well i guess in scantalating you only edit the text instead of names.. still same thing.. manga..

Dex-chan lover
do you think how many of you manga reader who bought every kind of manga MD has? i guess NONE.. cause you don't.. you only buy things you want to read and want to keep. and to support your favorite..
So yeah you only speak for yourself on those part that you have bought the rest none.
You're moving the goalpost past what you originally laid out of "no one buys the manga." That's pretty disingenuous.

Do you ever click random manga and read it then you did not buy the said manga?
Then i guess you are ONE OF US now dick :)
This is beyond a dumb counter-argument. By this logic, if anyone picks up a copy of Shonen Jump in Japan at any point in their life and fans through it and sees anything without buying it they owe the publishers money. Christ, what would libraries do with people with your mentality about? The hilarious (disturbing?) bit is how your thought process lines up with this parody unironically.

If it does not " impact " the said market? JAPANESE PEOPLE WOULD NOT MAKE STOP PIRATING SHITS.. do you study economy? i guess not? me too but i know selling 1 copy instead of 20k copies is a fucking bad DEAL..
Do Japanese people buy lots of English translated Japanese mangas? No, they don't. You don't even understand the words - let alone the concept. You don't even have the most basic of understanding of the legality involved here. You need to stop.

Fed-Kun's army
@DjAlexDubCheck

Yap maybe i am... i guess i get some vicodin and morphine to ease the pain in my heart ...

@definitionofinsanity

Yeah i guess i did not know those complicated stuff. as i said before im just typing my thoughts..
just stating my opinion.. i do not hate scantalating and i just said my opinion so calm the shit out dude you might pee your pants. worst crap some shit out of it.

And please it's not a dumb argument you just lack the intelligence to comprehend it :)

Supporter
@Closedbox Yeah i guess i did not know those complicated stuff. as i said before im just typing my thoughts..
just stating my opinion..
i do not hate scantalating and i just said my opinion so calm the shit out dude you might pee your pants. worst crap some shit out of it.
(emphasis added)

"Yeah, @definitionofinsanity. I'm claiming my false assertions are only opinion, so you're not allowed to contradict them with the truth. Also, it's just my opinion that the moon is made of green cheese and you're not allowed to contradict that either." XP

(image, not spoiler)
And please it's not a dumb argument you just lack the intelligence to comprehend it :) (emphasis added)

GJYf4jF.gif

The lead-in was too long, but I love the punchline.

Contributor
I am beginning to feel that any real conversation went out the window and this is pretty much an e-peen contest, which means no one wins. Time to move on.

what's even happening in this thread? can we please limit this to like, actual information relating to the DDOS?

i came here looking for updates about the site & found people posting about conspiracy theories & casual calls to violence

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Hey guys, I don't want you to get the impression that I'm getting lock happy, but this thread has gone *way* off course.

We will either update everyone here when we have news to share: https://mangadex.org/thread/56176

Or we will make a new announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread