DDos must be really bad I got a Cloudfare Capcha on entry.

Dex-chan lover
Tittle sorta says it. Is this something to look forward too ???

I have also seen RSS feeds blocked by it too.
Something new was not flagged by RSS.

Then again, while I was entering this message, RSS flagged a new entry.
Go figure ??

Group Leader
Same thing here. It seemed to think I was suffering from malware, so I'm running Malwarebytes right now just in case.

@Kita Same for me, but my antivirus program didn´t detect anything, so that shouldn´t be it...

And considering how it seemed to disappear when I tried a VPN, I think it only works against specific IPs. In which case I´d like to know why that is the case and how the affected IPs are chosen.

Power Uploader
I really hope this isn't the new normal, I spend more time answering the Capchas now than I did waiting for the pages to load before with the throttle. There must be a better way of doing this.

Contributor
The old batoto using CF Chaptcha for whole 2 months after heavily DDOSED and plagued by bots

Dex-chan lover
I got captcha too. I wasn't sure if that was indicative of malware, but better safe than sorry I guess

Just saw the reddit thread. So, apparently, it´s a temporary measure because of the perpetrator behind the DDoS attack bypassing the standard challenge page.

...I do wonder though. I just got the same captcha on another random japanese site (to find the raw of a manga), so I´m kinda worried if there is something wrong on my end, or if it´s just that several sites are currently doing this.

Contributor
503 and CF captcha.

The worst kind of captcha too where it takes 20 solves instead of 1 :(

Dex-chan lover
Fortunately for me I using firefox. The capcha says privacy pass addon will mitigate the issue.

I am sure other addon's exist too. Will be giving it a try.

edit: Well I added the addon. Here is the catch, "How do I know it works ?" I don't always get the capcha.
So if it worked I see no capcha, but if it did not need to work I see no capcha.
Catch-22.

It's strange that is so difficult for me to prove I am not a robot. I went through more than 30 pictures. Am I doing it wrong? Damn, this is too annoying.

Contributor
Try clearing Your Cookies Under Name Mangadex "__cfduid" And then refresh,
I got pin it down and no more capcha

Ignore the malware message. I mean, if you haven't run a scan in a while, go ahead (never hurts as long as your malware scanner isn't a virus), but the cloudflair malware message is something we are all getting. Its just a default message cloudflair made in bad taste imho.
Seriously though, I would like to tell everyone here YOUR BROWSER WILL NEVER TELL YOU IF YOU HAVE A VIRUS!
Don't listen to it. Too many sites try to trick you into downloading some virus under the name of "malware protection" through similar means. This is why I say cloudflair did this in bad taste. Even if their intentions are good, they should not promote/reinforce the idea that the browser/website will somehow detect viruses on the computer. It internaly sets off alarms in my head that scream "this is a phishing website, never visit it again".
Seriously, I am sick of getting calls saying "I have a virus, microsoft is going to shutdown my compute if I don't install this anitvirus software and pay 3.99 activation fee". Why is cloudflair reinforcing the idea this scam runs off of?

MD@Home
The 'malware' message is there because triggering DDoS protection might mean your computer is part of a botnet. DDoS are often conducted by computers behind the back of their owners.
In this case the website is simply overloaded (it might be an attack, but it might just be too much legit traffic) and is operating in such a mode Cloudflare flags some normal traffic as suspicious.
Honestly the fact we're seeing false positives without the website lagging like hell is a great new by itself, because it means the DDoS mitigation system WORKS.

So people, just live with it for a while. If it's really an attack, whoever is being it will either run out of money, or be targeted by Cloudflare through legal means. They'd never CATCH the guys of course, but they'll have to stop if they don't want to feel the heat.

Miku best girl
Admin
And given that the goal of a DDoS attack is to "deny service", I'd say they haven't been successful so far. It's been more of a minor inconvenience since refreshing once or twice usually makes it the site load.
And since the image servers are separate from the webserver, they are all serving images happily.

@GigAnon But that's the problem with the message. If we are part of the botnet, there is no way in hell we are going to see the message. 99.99% of the bot computers are not mangadex users, and contrary to what cloudflair appears to believe, bots don't usually open an actual visible web-browser to display to some confused computer owner. All they do is send get/post request in the bg. If we were a bot, there is no way we would read it.

Dex-chan lover
I've been getting "DDoS protection served by Cloudfare please wait 5 seconds the process will load automatically" thingy on multiple occasions on multiple devices but never a captcha.

Users who are viewing this thread