DDoS Update: Good News, Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@Oestov
Yes. We are currently waiting for Cloudflare's billing services to be restored so we can purchase a plan from them. After we do so, the site should go back to normal.

CF says that billing services should be restored by the 31st.

@Zephyrus Thanks a lot for the info 😚 And thank you for all of your hardwork . It must have been tough to handle all this mess .

Just using Mangadex as a index site for what I read and how far I`ve come. Main reason I started using this site is for that feature. I just hope the load time for images gets fixed soon. Going back and forth on sites is just a bit more anoying than I want to make it XD

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the hard work @Zephyrus! I can't wait to read stuff here again since this is the only site that doesn't have annoying ads 😁

thought i'd leave a comment here too. can't say much about the situation other than blind people would be laughing at us out of saltyness if they knew about the hardships this site is going through since we aren't able to read manga temporarily by choice or lack thereof, however long it would take, whereas visually impaired individuals are unable to read anything that contains pictorial elements in effect only mere braille text. just some deep flavored food for thought.

Not gonna lie. u guys are handling ur shit wrong. im gonna go back to any other random site who bundles their shit like u guys. dont even wanna bother coming when i first get my mangas in order. u wasted ur big upgrade by being painfully annoying and might only be me it might also be others but im gone .. see ya

Fed-Kun's army
@extremeshippuuden Well, idk exactly how much hosting costs but it still have to wait at least till the DDoS settled down I guess.
Also seems like It was already suggested before https://mangadex.org/thread/5802/too-much-picture-size

@Kjerside BAN

Y'all hard workin mofos are the MVPs of the online manga world. Great job fighting through this crazy mess!

Still, thank you for your hard work.

@Kjerside
If my eyes are right, Zephyrus actually said (in another thread) that he/the staff will open and accommodate suggestions. If you feel they are handling the site in the wrong way, let them know. Show which is wrong. As I recall, replies from most members were 'complaining about slow', the rest were open discussions about DDoS and so on. Even though they don't respond, it doesn't mean they don't read. Because I'm not a system expert, I also can't complain.
It's better than people who are angry because of late updates.

It's only been 3 days, but it's like an apocalypse has occurred 🤣

Dealing with a DDoS for the first time can be difficult, but once CF is up, incidents like this should be rare.

@Kjerside Im not really sure what your issue is.

at last the loading has been killing me lol but good to see things are getting better and I shall drop a few £££ as this is a great site and would hate to see it resort to ads

Dex-chan lover
Every manga/anime site often gets DDOS

And they usually use "Checking your browser before accessing..." page from cloudflare to protect them. I don't know why we don't use that.

Maybe we just have to wait for the attacker to stop. That would be very kind of him/her. XD

I don't get what people are so upset about the slow loading right now. MangaDex gives us links to most translator groups, so if the site is slow, simply see what is updated on here and go to their website like Meraki, Zero, LH, more i can't think of names or which ones have sites... Anyway's that is what i have been doing. i haven't been to every scan group's website but they don't have a lot of ads, if any, and they display their content pretty simply so it's not a bad alternative. you can also read their content a day or so early depending on the page.

MangaDex is doing great, it simply takes time to do something right and not rush which can cause problems. Cloudflare having billing maintenance is just extremely bad timing really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread