DEAD ROCK - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - School Rules Article 3

Dex-chan lover
Reisen's motive is to somehow save the princess in his fight. So of course he needs the demon king alive for that. So he'll kill anyone

That was a pretty obvious death for Reisen. He didn't even end up fighting that chef with a sneak attack! But his loss also shows just how strong Yakuto is.

Yakuto's motive for killing the demon lord, because he thinks the demon lord has changed things, is pretty interesting. I like that he didn't care if other people called him out about how simple that seemed though. He's really thought things through and will keep with that motive. But Mikoto's suspecting he actually has something else planned in the future.

Seems Chakko, Hanni, Mikoto, and Freyr are ok with Yakuto's plan. Reisen's been forced into it because he's now a zombie, Hien's gonna be passive, and now we have a new classmate who seems interested in them. I wonder how having Professor Maxwell at their side will change things?

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, Mashima is workaholic and really impressive.
But, probably, because of that, he often have issue with plot of his mangas at some point (like characters become super powered out of nowhere or doing some unlogical staff). Full plot of Rave was like that, 2 last arc of FT was like that.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, Mashima is workaholic and really impressive.
But, probably, because of that, he often have issue with plot of his mangas at some point (like characters become super powered out of nowhere or doing some unlogical staff). Full plot of Rave was like that, 2 last arc of FT was like that.
I never read/watched Rave Hunter. Do characters from that series really suddenly become OP right off the bat?

Dex-chan lover
I never read/watched Rave Hunter. Do characters from that series really suddenly become OP right off the bat?
Yep.
There was arc, then MC team fighting demon. Demon easyly wipe the floor with entire team and, while they lying, started telling his flashback. After hearing that, MC cryed, shouted that demon not right, and knocked him. Well, after that, demon stood, but still lose.
Or
MC fighting his predecessor. Predecessor one sidedly beat the crap of MC several times and each time asked if MC have a reason to fight. Then MC find out his reason, he shouted and suddenly one-shoted his predecessor
Well, I still recommend to read Rave Master. At least, Mashima made here really magnificent plot twist.

Dex-chan lover
GOD I LOVE THIS MANGA SO MUCH!

A psycho MC, a female crow(?), the weirdest looking person is the most normal, a cool lone wolf, someone who realized they ain't the protagonist, a hot fire girl into psychopaths, and a smart corpse mommy necromancer

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I'm really enjoying this so far, very refreshing to see Mashima attempt something a little darker than his usual style. Thanks so much for translating, looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Users who are viewing this thread