DEAD Tube - Ch. 98

Dex-chan lover
"Pure" oshi fans aside, i wonder how many straight guys have ever had oshis of male idols

LOL inb4 plot twist of newer idol also being a part of or blamed for prev idol's death

Dex-chan lover
Considering the history of this manga, it's pretty much a given that the idol girl is gonna get raped and more likely than not murdered, with the same group as before likely to be tasked with disposing of her.

Honestly what even's the point of this series? By all means the story effectively ended long ago, and is just being dragged out now.

Dex-chan lover
Considering the history of this manga, it's pretty much a given that the idol girl is gonna get raped and more likely than not murdered, with the same group as before likely to be tasked with disposing of her.

Honestly what even's the point of this series? By all means the story effectively ended long ago, and is just being dragged out now.
Yeah, and it's pretty obvious that the mastermind of the latest iteration of deadtube is that kouhai who idolises Machiya, the one also with that short-stacked maid serving him.
Don't know which chapter, but there was a flashback chapter where three lunatics founded deadtube, both of which were Mai and Machiya's fathers. Mai killed her father, Machiya also killed his father... the 3rd one was said to have taught his son the ropes. And looking at that 3rd founder's hair, it's a match for Kouhai-kun's own.
We as readers knows this, but I wonder when the reveal will finally happen and "kouhai-kun" drops the act and reveals his likely f'd up true persona...

Dex-chan lover

Hey pal, I thought reading this series made you all depressed and you didn't like it for a long time now? Why don't you unfollow it and set it as "Dropped"? Nobody forces you to read the latest chapter only for then to inevitably mope about how much it sucks. Go use your time more productively somewhere else, it'll help your mental health much more than to read something you hate.

Dex-chan lover
Hey pal, I thought reading this series made you all depressed and you didn't like it for a long time now? Why don't you unfollow it and set it as "Dropped"? Nobody forces you to read the latest chapter only for then to inevitably mope about how much it sucks. Go use your time more productively somewhere else, it'll help your mental health much more than to read something you hate.
You don't know me, pal.

I'm just here to see how this dumpster fire ends.

Dex-chan lover
The scummier the villain, the more satisfying when they meet their end.

Dex-chan lover
You don't know me, pal.

I'm just here to see how this dumpster fire ends.
I know you well enough to know you can read the series quietly without your whole "boo hoo woe is me for reading this of my own volition"-spiel.

This series won't end anytime soon, so do everyone's bandwidth a favor and spare us your 4 KB worth of complaints and crying.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda twisted that they made her pay her newly gained wages for her own rape and inevitable murder.

Dex-chan lover
It's satire. Each arc satirizes something about either movies or internet culture.
Yeah, and it's pretty obvious that the mastermind of the latest iteration of deadtube is that kouhai who idolises Machiya, the one also with that short-stacked maid serving him.
Don't know which chapter, but there was a flashback chapter where three lunatics founded deadtube, both of which were Mai and Machiya's fathers. Mai killed her father, Machiya also killed his father... the 3rd one was said to have taught his son the ropes. And looking at that 3rd founder's hair, it's a match for Kouhai-kun's own.
We as readers knows this, but I wonder when the reveal will finally happen and "kouhai-kun" drops the act and reveals his likely f'd up true persona...

The problem is we have seen the mastermind and they're more obsessed with Mai than with Machiya (ch 74). It was the one time we get into the new masterminds' head. Now it could just be the maid, but I don't know why she'd be the one in control. Personally I suspect it's either Machiya's Mother or Mai's sister. The former we do not know the fate of and the latter was never confirmed to have died. I find the best argument is actually for Machiya's mother as it will likely be revealed that Mai is also her daughter from a different father since we know the Dad gave Machiya's mom to his buddies. That type of reveal just feels more on brand for the series.

Dex-chan lover
It's satire. Each arc satirizes something about either movies or internet culture.

The problem is we have seen the mastermind and they're more obsessed with Mai than with Machiya (ch 74). It was the one time we get into the new masterminds' head. Now it could just be the maid, but I don't know why she'd be the one in control. Personally I suspect it's either Machiya's Mother or Mai's sister. The former we do not know the fate of and the latter was never confirmed to have died. I find the best argument is actually for Machiya's mother as it will likely be revealed that Mai is also her daughter from a different father since we know the Dad gave Machiya's mom to his buddies. That type of reveal just feels more on brand for the series.
Yeah, you have some good points there. And thanks for reminding me about that part about Mai, kouhai-kun only ever goes "senpai, senpai" and is limited in his interactions with Mai, so I forgot that part. Maybe he limits his interactions to Machiya as the bare minimum to limit the chances of him slipping up? The introspection also mentions Machiya as someone very precious while loving Mai...
Well, whether either of us is right, we'll just have to wait for maybe a year or two for us to get more headway into this series based on the uploads of translated chapters

Dex-chan lover
Kinda twisted that they made her pay her newly gained wages for her own rape and inevitable murder.
Makes you wonder how many poor idols in Japan and korea this actually happens to...for the fact new idol groups always pop up and then you hear stories of how scummy some are.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, you have some good points there. And thanks for reminding me about that part about Mai, kouhai-kun only ever goes "senpai, senpai" and is limited in his interactions with Mai, so I forgot that part. Maybe he limits his interactions to Machiya as the bare minimum to limit the chances of him slipping up? The introspection also mentions Machiya as someone very precious while loving Mai...
Well, whether either of us is right, we'll just have to wait for maybe a year or two for us to get more headway into this series based on the uploads of translated chapters

I have another reason to think it all ties together: ever since the father died all we've gotten were cheap cash-grabby sequels of The Film club, Rascal Island, Betsuki sensei, and now it looks like Breaking Kana. They are all bigger in scope with some new characters but ultimately cheaper than the originals. So what else makes more sense than the sequel of the Vtuber Arc to have it be the mother instead of the father. I could also see it being Mai's sister, but Mai's sister being alive is something of a pet theory, Machiya's mother was actually brought up during the father's death almost as a "hey look at this foreshadowing guys!"

I don't think you're wrong either I just don't think the third founder and his relation to Shinkai is going to be addressed in this over arcing storyline. It may surprise a lot of people but Dead Tube is one of the top Champion Red titles so it'll go on as long as they want to keep writing it.

Makes you wonder how many poor idols in Japan and korea this actually happens to...for the fact new idol groups always pop up and then you hear stories of how scummy some are.
It's kind of one of those open secrets and it's not just idols it's the entertainment industry in-general like look at the former Vtuber company WACTOR they basically made a performer do sexual ASMR content or prostitute herself out to the staff.

Users who are viewing this thread