Desert 9 - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - The Ballad of My Adventures

Group Leader
Switched over to volume raws because there are little changes and they're easier to work with on a whole, plus they don't wash out the tones as much as the magazine scans do.

Onto desert 3 which is the land of flames in both the literal sense and the storytelling sense. Next arc is straight fire.

Group Leader
TBH, i don't really get what going on.....

and i hate the mook citizen, telling the girl to sacrifice herself just because she is the sacrifice and they shouldn't do anything else....

@YyAoMmIi

Old people caught in their ways. Why risk your own life when you can just have one girl every ~10 years throw her life away instead?

The worldbuilding keeps on hitting tho. Can't wait to see what desert three and four have in store.

So did the whole country sing with her? Or she had the power to do it alone?

Dex-chan lover
"You can't hold all you've gained with just both your hands" huh
That obviously means that Mao needs two more arms then! Or three more!

Group Leader
@Lemillion
That's the part that kind of confused me too. I'm guessing they "sang", but they didn't need to open their mouths to do it or some mumbo jumbo like that.

Dex-chan lover
Too bad they spent so little in Desert 2, and in the raw
they are almost at the end of Desert 3, things are moving a bit too fast.

Hum, things went a little bit quicker than before. And sort of unclear how they resolved it all.

Dex-chan lover
Middle Eastern aesthetic is really underutilized in fantasy manga. Can't wait to see the other seven deserts.

On page 40, there's a line saying, "Both hands won't be enough to hold the treasure waiting for you." Meanwhile, Mao just lost his left hand

Group Leader
This concludes volume 2, yes? Guess I'm going back to my slumber now.

nXUX1Nu.png

Amalhamal is such a kind and considerate angel.

Lord Mikoto has the same sort of hat as the person in the desert four panel, so maybe the black hat people at the end of chapter 3 are actually zombies.

Also, desert three has a "king of alchemy"? I wonder if that king could give Mao a new arm using alchemy, or if not, perhaps the necromancer of desert four could.

Users who are viewing this thread