Destiny Unchain Online ~Kyuuketsu-ki Shoujo to natte, Yagate『Aka no Maou』to Yobareru You ni Narimashita~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 16 - KILL THEM ALL

Double-page supporter
Not only did we know they were trying to advertise katana skills in this duel, but this big finishing move is literally just the same shit that got used on her by the NPC back when she was getting the skill in the first place...there is like zero asspull present here.

Dex-chan lover
Sacrier in Wakfu, Tank/DPS that can heal itself quick and buffs when low on health. Really a monster both in PvP and PvE.
Hybrids builds usually are either underwhelming or broken OP, but be sure that if something is too strong everyone and his mother will do that build until is nerfed.

The downside of the stories based inside of a game is that often the authors vastly underestimate the talent of players to cheese the hell out of anything and most of the time the players besides the protag group are outright stupid not seeing the advantages of X or Y.

Like the story with the MC girl going full VIT tank and ending extremely broken yet no one but her discovered its potential. Even in classless games with full character customization the true rare OP builds that arent known knowledge must have an extremely obscure combination to work and not be known by anyone that uses internet 5 minutes to search for builds

You have better done examples like Momonga unlocking Overlord class but even then you gotta eyeroll the fact he was the only who managed to unlock it in a game that lasted for years and that he was in one of the most well known guilds so people could have deduced the way to unlock it as well since he wasnt a nobody so to speak (still in Overlord the game was a cheese festival and Overlord wasnt that high in the OP tier list compared to things like World Champion and the likes of)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What are you smoking. Definition of ass-pull is it came from nowhere. So it's still an ass-pull when the writer mentioned it before? Do you know how stupid what you just said sounds? Even then, the writer went to so much trouble of building this up. An arc showing how the MC got it. Repeating over and over how other players haven't found it, that everyone finds katana skills cool. The MC indicating the want to test this all out.

And the rest of the skills are pretty expected tropes for a MMO fiction. Like a tank swap skill, mental debuff skills bind skills, etc. Most importantly, Freya already stated long before she wanted to be a healer/tank, the writer needed to make sure she showed that. If anything, the writing has been really tidy.

Seems to me more like you have the barest of reading comprehension, tried to get smart, got called out for it, then tried to back out of the corner you wrote yourself into in pretty much the same inept and illogical way.
You sound inane.
Anything is fine as long as it gets announced huh?
"Why can that dude create blackholes now? Oh last chapter he got a secret reward!"
Benjamin blossom audiobooks might be more up your alley.

Last edited:

N2O

Dex-chan lover
You sound inane.
Anything is fine as long as it gets announced huh?
"Why can that dude create blackholes now? Oh last chapter he got a secret reward!"
Benjamin blossom audiobooks might be more up your alley.
It's not last chapter, it's last arc. And going from how MC is this top PVP battle veteran from playing VR combat sims all his life then it's safe to assume that it's not on the level of creating black holes, they're probably just more skilled than anything.

Not sure what you're expecting from this manga, but it's been pretty well paced for what it is. As someone else mentioned the power creep is more worrying, but since the writing has been relatively good for this kind of work I'd bet that the next big clash will be just as good as this one. Sorry that you dislike it.

If we're going by what is an asspull from what I think you think is an asspull, then this entire manga has been an asspull. His father trapped him in a VR game without warning or care for whatever his son felt or what they had planned at the time and

his mother is most likely an actual vampire IRL

The fact that your rebuttal is "you sound inane" without so much as even a vague explanation as to why you think this bad writing other than "it's an asspull" after the other person went out of their way is top tier cringe, not gonna lie

Dex-chan lover
A tank class that can heal itself is crazy scary

'tank that heal itself' is nothing much since in PvP you can always opt to ignore them (to have both of those they likely lack either damage output and/or agility anyway)

'healer with tank level defense' sounds much more terrifying even if it's only a shift in perspective since 'healer' would implies they can heal allies

These kinds of comics are basically a half step above Shonen it isn't that serious. And if anything, I'd be more worried about the blatant power creep than how it got introduced.

Depends on the specific of it. So far we only see 2 skills and both have had their weaknesses mentioned/shown.

Shiramakuri, the parry skill, requires the katana be in sheathed state.

Kokonoe has obvious start with the big pattern appearing (as the AI caster pointed out) the attacks come in very specific pattern, and there's a big opening when you stop the chain (that's why Freya had to block the hit at the end)

Basically once people get used to its motions, some day there'll be someone who Daigo parry Kokonoe...well, there's a good chance of Crim doing exactly that to another katana user once more people start getting katana.

Dex-chan lover
It's not last chapter, it's last arc. And going from how MC is this top PVP battle veteran from playing VR combat sims all his life then it's safe to assume that it's not on the level of creating black holes, they're probably just more skilled than anything.

Not sure what you're expecting from this manga, but it's been pretty well paced for what it is. As someone else mentioned the power creep is more worrying, but since the writing has been relatively good for this kind of work I'd bet that the next big clash will be just as good as this one. Sorry that you dislike it.

If we're going by what is an asspull from what I think you think is an asspull, then this entire manga has been an asspull. His father trapped him in a VR game without warning or care for whatever his son felt or what they had planned at the time and

his mother is most likely an actual vampire IRL

The fact that your rebuttal is "you sound inane" without so much as even a vague explanation as to why you think this bad writing other than "it's an asspull" after the other person went out of their way is top tier cringe, not gonna lie
The part with MC's parents in Chapter 5 is a full interlude in the WN, where they reveal that MC was supposed to be born as a vampire girl, but turned into a human boy due to some otherworld shenanigans (MC's mother comes from another world), and they only started working on the Cradle device in Chapter 1 after MC bit the childhood friend, who still has the scars on her neck IRL

Last edited:

N2O

Dex-chan lover
I HECKING knew it LOL. Give me two frames of foreshadowing and I'll have 12 different fanfictions ready in my head

Now that my omnipotence in weeb literature has been partially confirmed I'm curious whether my absolutely bonkers prediction on this manga is correct. I am ABSOLUTELY sure that it's right, but it's just so wild that I can't help questioning myself

If I'm right then I shall be known as The Manga Saint

Dex-chan lover
Did we really NEED an asspull overpowered skill for this? Its just a pvp duel this wasnt even an important or dire situation
and Kokonoe actually introduced as a 9 hit sure kill skill that is a trademark of a boss level npc, so yes I want it to be op. I am more worried that the author made the skill easy to get, forget that the skill are very op and can be classified as iconic skill.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Played an MMO once where the druid class was the best healer (healing was classless, so accessible to all, but druids had the best stats for it), but also had good tanking ability. While the attacks weren't great, you could use both physical and magical attacks fairly well which in practice meant you had twice the resources (stamina and mana or whatever they were called) so your DPS wasn't actually that bad. Great for solo, great healer and off-tank in teams.

bro how is this an asspull skill?
Yeah, I didn't see anything that wasn't 1, already announced chapters ago, or 2, vanilla MMO skills.

Double-page supporter
Did we really NEED an asspull overpowered skill for this? Its just a pvp duel this wasnt even an important or dire situation
Shame on you for having a Knight of Despair pfp. I guess PM fans truly don't know how to read.

Dex-chan lover
Shame on you for having a Knight of Despair pfp. I guess PM fans truly don't know how to read.
PM fans? They made like 8 cool monsters designs and the rest of their franchise is barely working flashgame tier unreadable asian scp knockoff amateur for fun writing dogshit
Its bottom of the barrel cringe

Double-page supporter
PM fans? They made like 8 cool monsters designs and the rest of their franchise is barely working flashgame tier unreadable asian scp knockoff amateur for fun writing dogshit
Its bottom of the barrel cringe
I guess that's a pretty common reaction for someone with 0 reading comprehension.

Users who are viewing this thread