Destiny Unchain Online ~Kyuuketsu-ki Shoujo to natte, Yagate『Aka no Maou』to Yobareru You ni Narimashita~ - Vol. 7 Ch. 58 - Life on the Line

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
Blasphemy!
Using your health potions? What kind of deranged psychopath are you? Someone without hoarder issues?!? What if you need it later? I know this is the final boss, but still, what if?~ :wtf:

Every consumable used feels like a personal failure on my part (worse than simply losing to a boss a couple times), when I play games :meguuusad:
What's worse are when the best consumables are either only found in the game world at a few locations and/or are extremely rare random drops from enemies.
Getting one master ball per Pokemon game has ruined an entire generation.

At least in Soulsborne Ring-likes, healing potions are a known "replenishable", whether by resting or always available from merchants; the worry is generally about the rate of use rather than whether to avoid using them at all. But in Elden Ring, I never used the Bewitching Branches or even the Rune Arc items that activate the bonuses from the boss reward Great Runes, because there's a limited number of each, and dying ends the effect. And many craftable consumables require Arteria leaves, nascent butterflies, or St. Trina's lilies, all of which only exist in a finite number per playthrough. :notlikethis: Can't justify using those items because of how many times I'll die in a Fromsoft game.

Users who are viewing this thread