Detective Conan - Vol. 100 Ch. 1060 - The Show is About to Begin

Guess we’re smarter then Conan for guessing it was vermouth
Though, to be fair, most of these "guesses" were posted after spoilers had already revealed that it was Vermouth. Coincidentally, ofc.

Dex-chan lover
... I was wrong. I'm willing to admit that. My adoration of KID made me  want it to be him, so I ignored the signs.

I really hope we get more KID before the end. (Best case scenario would be a team-up!)

Dex-chan lover
Actual progress? In CONAN? It really is 2020, the end of all things, huh

Dex-chan lover
Huh, people were right to think Kid seemed dumber last chapter and that something was off. Excitement of Kid showing up made me think otherwise.

"I had no choice but to create a locked room". Okay, BUT WHY THOUGH??
Seems like after killing the first victim the woman had three options:
1-Just split. Nobody would know it was her.
2-Make it seem like the victim tripped and accidentally hit her head, then use her locked room trick. Nobody would know it was her.
3-Make it seem like some tall serial killer killed her and that for some reason his MO includes locking rooms with a trick.
Why would anyone go with the third option? But okay, this is salvageable, since the trick is already posted online anyone could have used it. Nobody would know it was her... Oh shit, nevermind, she killed more people after that, the evidence piled up and she was found out.

1-Just split. Nobody would know it was her.
2-Make it seem like the victim tripped and accidentally hit her head, then use her locked room trick. Nobody would know it was her.
But okay, this is salvageable, since the trick is already posted online anyone could have used it. Nobody would know it was her...
Except that there are two acquaintances who knew that Atsumi copied the trick from her novel from Saiko. Possible motive. Even if the trick was already known.

@Serinox
Except that there are two acquaintances who knew that Atsumi copied the trick from her novel from Saiko. Possible motive. Even if the trick was already known.
There was no incriminating evidence up until that point. What I'm trying to say is that there were multiple ways of getting away with it, even if she became a suspect after the first kill all the evidence is circumstantial and any lawyer could save her, though I know this is something this manga usually doesn't explore. At the end of the day I just expected more from DC, lately it seems that Aoyama thinks that locked room murders are "neat" so he just crams them into a story that's not adequate for them (other example: case from chapters 918-920).

Dex-chan lover
@7777ale7777 Here's the thing, people who are panicking tend to do things that they normally wouldn't do. More so when it comes to murder. The reporter isn't some cold-blooded killer, just an ordinary person who accidentally killed someone. Yes, we as someone with an outside perspective can easily say "it's just an accident. You can just get a lawyer and you'll be fine". But from miss reporter's perspective, she's going "Holy shit! HOLY SHIT! She's dead! What do I do? What do I do?!?!?!!? Wait! That trick I came up with! Of course! If people thought that it's impossible to get in and kill her, then no one will know I did it!" and then it escalated from there. There's also the fact that this takes place in Japan. It doesn't matter what your reason for killing someone, whether it's an accident or not. You will always be a cold-blooded killer in their eyes the moment you killed someone. More so since she's works on TV, since celebs, no matter how small in popularity they are, are always held on a higher standard.

how big is morita-san bathroom that she can be shoved?
it's a weird reasoning..
anyway..FINALLY after a long filler the story continues!
after 1060 days (chapter), conan is still in the same grade *this is a joke, like nobita from doraemon

@parodyres All what you say is true but I don't think that that applies to DC ( at least in this particular case). This being a work of fiction that centers on a crime solving detective has to present a criminal with a near perfect plan with just enough holes for the detective to solve it, but in this case, in my opinion, the killer's plan had too many holes, starting with why would soneone lock the room if not to make it look like a suicide or an accident. As you said, a character could make those mistakes in the heat of the moment, but then it wouldn't be a good detective story, which in this case, it isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread