Detective Conan - Vol. 100 Ch. 1066 - RUM

Hellyy!!
Well, just this man whose doesn't had history to begin with. But he is right next to conan 🤯

Fed-Kun's army
I mean he was the most obvious choice but I'm glad his identity was revealed. Before anyone says how was he the obvious choice ? Everyone expected it because the mngaka confirmed that Rum is one of the 3 (teacher, big guy, sushi guy). Big guy is obviously from the secret police like Amuro seeing how they communicate and all, the sensei didn't give Haibara any bad feeling and especially after the case where she met Amuro (when Conan and the kids were locked by the guy who wanted to avenge his brother), she wasn't suspicious at all... The sushi guy in the other hand noticed how Conan was smart during the church case and Amuro immediately said something like "he is repeating what he learned from Kogoro" or something like that which seemed like a defence to make the guy lose interest in Conan so to me, that screened "Amuro has met Rum and knows it's this guy and he (Amuro) wants to protect Conan from him".

I was hoping that Rum isn't one of the 3 and that the mangaka only said that to mislead us but oh well

Is a page missing? Conan chapters always are 16 pages long and there seems to be a jump between pages 11 and 12

Fed-Kun's army
Why the snipe?
Anyways, does anyone know how long the next break will be?

Fed-Kun's army
I laughed a little at the cute moment when Conan pretended to be Akai's kid and held his hand to get away from the scene...it's a 17 year old guy holding his hand pretending to be a cute kid...I just can't !! x'D and I love them as a duo, they make the best plans and execution

@anon259
what do you mean by "why the snipe?" ? Akai had to make the grenade explode before it hit the water and then he shot at the BO guys so they wouldn't dive it to make sure he died which they were planning to do (Gin said so). Akai shot at them so they would retreat and not go after Camel who would've definitely died if they came after him being as exhausted as he is and with them outnumbering him

There should be a page between 11 and 12.
zRkfcuC.jpg

DQM

In case anyone wonder about the "silly name":
Wakita Kanenori is an anagram of "Toki wa kane nari" which means "Time is money" (Rum's catchphrase).

Dex-chan lover
@Akera93

Wakasa Rumi (the teacher) was obviously sus, but the author portrayed her as too sus and made her the most obvious it actually just made her the least obvious candidate to be Rum. While she may be involved with another incident (probably Haneda Kouji's murder), there was no doubt in my mind that she wasnt Rum.

Kuroda (the big guy) is aware that Conan is the brains behind sleeping Kogoro, if he was Rum, there would have definitely been reprecussions to Shinichi's case.
Haibara has also noted that she doesnt feel the black organization aura coming off him.
He also has knowledge into Wakasa Rumi's past, since two of the suspects are connected to each other to me it made them less suspicious of being Rum.

Then theres sushi guy.
The sushi guy who forced himself to be involved with Kogoro's cases and almost always shows up unprompted but made it natural.
"Oh i just happened to be in the neighborhood to give you free sushi!"
Yeah no.
Honestly, it was a small thing but it really stood out in my eyes, thats why I believed sushi guy was Rum.

@Akera93
"Why the snipe"
Is referring to the translators, not what happened in the chapter lol

Dex-chan lover
@DQM
Wakita Kanenori is an anagram of "Toki wa kane nari" which means "Time is money" (Rum's catchphrase).

Ohhh thanks for that! I bet all of the Japanese Conan boards figured that one out months ago lol. Meanwhile I was hoping it was the teacher since the police dude was too obvious and therefore clearly wrong.

How much time has Haibara spent around Rum, now that we know who it is? I'm curious if her black org sense never tingled around him or if she just hasn't gotten close enough to him.

@Raydnt

I honestly disagree with you that the teacher was the most sus and therefore obviously wrong. I honestly felt that Kuroda was in that position. And Kuroda seemed to be more suspicious rather than sure of Conan.

@Akera93 my reasoning for the teacher is a bit different. she is definitely the shogi's (that was killed) bodyguard. she has so many scar and matched how the bodyguard was still young back then. she wanted some revenge.

I can't remember exactly the detail, it's been hella long.

Dex-chan lover
@codetaku I think out of the three, Haibara has spent the least amount of time around Wakita Kanenori. In fact I can't even really place any significant time spent between the two of them. The addition of him has always centered around Conan/Kogorou.

I thought wakasa was rum the whole time. But if the old man is rum the who is wakasa actually?

Users who are viewing this thread