Detective Conan - Vol. 98 Ch. 1037 - The Stream of Time...

@ShinobuOshino By now we already are speculating with things that the manga/anime didn't bother explaining? Like how the drug should work... or why isn't there yet... Or if it really means something for the Black Organization... Sure it means a lot to Conan and Haibara... But for Gin and the rest it's just some really convenient assassination tool... Even if everyone they killed after "Shinichi" used a different and more efficient way...

Independent of the number of drugs (I say it's just one and you are sure that are at least two different(1))... I dare to say Eternal life and youth the main objective and the only motive Karasuma put so much energy and resources into... The untraceable death is the collateral that separates the guy from his immortality dream. He fears what would happen if he took it again so everything victim of the drug up to now is just a test subject... The take is how clever they were exploring said effect...

By this logic Vermouth isn't really special in a romantic way... she is a successful test subject worth keeping close for observation... Although sure I need to rewatch her showdowns with Conan to inquire further what Shinichi and Ran really are to her... cause by now its just a way to summon some sympathy towards her and keeping her mysterious... Well she isn't a vicious killer, there isn't proof that she killed Jodie's father eithersource(2)... I wouldn't be surprise if she too is part of some secret surveillance organization keeping tabs in that person...

If they put a lid in all that someday, well that's great... My main interests lie in the episodic almost slice of life filler chapters anyway...

Até mais ver
mr. Poneis

(1) The problem of having different drugs and one with the comproved de-aging effect... what would Karasuma have to fear? Why the needs of secrecy? Why not take the world by assault?

(2) The classic he was already dead when she got there...

@mrponeis
I'm just talking about a possibility, and yes, how can it be speculation if the manga already told how things are?

If she is a successful subject of a drug you don't let them do whatever they want. She nearly died. Worst way of preserving a subject ever.

They make Ai build the drug. Unless she lied to us she didn't know of what you are talking about. Not to mention that if you are searching for eternal youth you don't commission a poison but what you are searching for and you let the researcher, with all the details, come up with a way to find it. She developed a poison like that because they kill people and they don't want to be found out. Both things we know for sure.

I don't understand. de-aging doesn't mean that you can't die. What it means is that you have free time. You can wait for your plan for centuries and it's like days. If this is the case what you'll try to do is be as safe as possible, no matter how much you lose for safety: you'll have time to rebuild it. Oh, and this is exactly what the boss is doing. I don't see any advantages in de-aging if what you want to do is an assault.

@ShinobuOshino This is what I get for answering so early in the morning... Really lost my drive guessing blindly about that Penguin pachimono... Gonna let the sleeping lion lie... Same for Vermouth I guess... Noted that we are here for more than ten posts talking sh*t about characters that aren't even the focus of this arc? The sad part is that no one else bothered to tell us to stop... Sorry for the let down... Just realized Karasuma Renya isn't worth of such verborragy... Yet...

Unless she lied to us she didn't know of what you are talking about

You see we can't even follow what each other are saying by now... For the little I still got you have a strict objective view of the thing: The guy wants x, so if he don't gets x it's a scam, while I believe that accidents can happen (sh*t happens in science all the time) and what you can make of it is what counts...

de-aging doesn't mean that you can't die

The thing with the de-aging seems like another misunderstand... If the item is so convenient (always works and he can use anytime(1)) the guy has the perfect "escape exit" for any kind of situation... Everytime he mess up, faking his death, just going MIA and starting anew(2)... To boot, he has lots of loyal followers to solve any inconvenience... My bad if by "assault" the only meaning one can get is the violent and reckless one... I was talking about no one having any resourceful way to stop someone that shouldn't exist(3) (at least legally)... Cue Phineas and Ferb jokes about being too young to take over the world...

This is all I got... my defeat... Let's do this again next chapter... Not sure if I can keep up though...

Até mais ver
mr. Poneis

(1) It's all I can surmise from a drug so special that's completely independent from the already established apotoxin...

(2) Very intelligent and safe, but very coward... Maybe I should brace myself for a letdown if they ever catch him...

(3) See by Conan and Haibara examples, they are having the time of their lives... the fair Ran is the only pertinent motive why Shinichi would ever want to come back...

Double-page supporter
I totally thought the second brother was young Sera at the start of the flashback XD

Users who are viewing this thread