Devilchi - Vol. 4 Ch. 30 - What do I do now...

Dex-chan lover
the classic shoulder move- oh that wasn't her shoulder.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, that was fast. Thanks for the release!
If you don't mind me asking, how difficult is this to edit and translate for? Do you know written Japanese or do you have to take the time to Google Translate it?

Because, man, I've tried doing that Google Translation thing before and it was a slow pain in the ass even when GT actually scanned text (and it would often fail to recognize any at all). And even when I took the time to write the kanji freehand, it often wouldn't recognise the same exact character until I drew it juuuuust right after several tries.

So, my thanks to you for doing it.

LGM

Found this cute manga yesterday,thx for continuing it,hope to see more! Cuz I can't read a single thing on Ganma (the raws)

Group Leader
@definitionofinsanity
As for editing, my main gripe with this series is that there is too much text that's outside of textboxes. Just looking at it kinda makes me lose a bit of morale. I've skipped the redrawing treatment for those pages in particular, but otherwise I do as much as I can to get a clean, textless raw.

As for translation, while I do have a very limited "knowledge" of Japanese (something like a quarter of a Minna no Nihongo book), most of the text is machine translated, then re-interpreted with a little bit of freedom. The main idea of every sentence can be inferred from the kanji, so it's not too hard.
It doesn't make for an amazing translation (hence the group name), but it's readable, and major mistakes/roadblocks seldom happen.
I do most of my kanji searching on Jisho using radicals; and for the really blurred kanji I freehand with sljfaq (now it allows you to ignore stroke order, which makes things a lot easier).

Dex-chan lover
@WaveRSX
and for the really blurred kanji I freehand with sljfaq (now it allows you to ignore stroke order, which makes things a lot easier).
I played around with this for a few minutes, and damn is that much more useful than Google Translate's version which often shows you kanji nothing like what you've drawn and only a select few.

As for the quality of your releases, they've better than a hell of a lot of ones I've seen when they had the benefit of staff working on redrawing, typesetting, editing & translating only to somehow still make barely understandable Engrish at times. So you're already in the top standard deviation, even if it wasn't just a one man show. The fact that it is is impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread