Did I Seriously Just Get Reincarnated as My Gag Character?! - Vol. 5 Ch. 20.2

Dex-chan lover
It's more that Nacht think that being wanted would be rather annoying hindrance in gathering information.

Then Aisha choosing to accept the 'game' shifted it from 'how to negotiate this' to 'my baby want to do this, LET'S FUCKING DO IT' (hence her...lax attitude in the latter bits)
Honestly that’s my thought as well as she even mentioned about it would become harder to go to humans towns if that info gets out. Not to mention the fact that just cause she’s a walking nuke doesn’t mean that her girl Aisha is. She wants to spend time enjoying the world with her so I doubt she would want to subject Aisha to conditions like being on the run all the time

Dex-chan lover
It's more that Nacht think that being wanted would be rather annoying hindrance in gathering information.

Then Aisha choosing to accept the 'game' shifted it from 'how to negotiate this' to 'my baby want to do this, LET'S FUCKING DO IT' (hence her...lax attitude in the latter bits)

I disagree, take another look at the chapter, and look how Nacht "sweats" at the mention of "the pillar of fire at the lake", and believes she's at a disadvantage.
I agree with the sentiments of what other people said about the matter -- Nacht can so easily say: "Not only can you do nothing to me, if you threaten me I can just join the other side of this war if I so wish".
In fact, if anyone learns that this princess threatened Nacht, she might as well get a public execution. It really needs to be stressed how cataclysmic her existence is.

Other than that -- the only problem I have with "turning it into a game", is that if Nacht loses, she has to join a war. That's a pretty big deal.
"Oh haha teehee if I lose I have to murder thousands of people". The stakes needed to be lower for it to not be so jarring.

Dex-chan lover
She wants to spend time enjoying the world with her so I doubt she would want to subject Aisha to conditions like being on the run all the time

Just saying -- joining a war is not exactly the MC's way of "enjoying her time with Aisha".
If Nacht is willing to go to war, what's stopping her from doing anything else violent to get her way? She might as well join any other kingdom. Any sane ruler will accept her, and the public will have no idea.

The stakes for the bet had to be lower, it was a writing mistake to try to "corner" the MC with something as horrid as war.

P.S: "On the run all the time"? Even if Aisha is not as much of a monster as the MC is -- you do not simply murder a dragon's young and expect for the entire region to not be annihilated.
Quite literally: Why would she even need to run?

Dex-chan lover
Wanting to support your kid make sense when she's decided she wants to do something but maybe start easier than duelling a highly trained knight with such stakes. Nacht's pride in herself and Aisha is always going to cause her problems and unfortunately for her she's now caught in the trap of politics. You can't brute force a problem without making an entire country your enemy. Even if she's not worried, she doesn't want Aisha living fear.

Thanks for translating.

Dex-chan lover
Just saying -- joining a war is not exactly the MC's way of "enjoying her time with Aisha".
If Nacht is willing to go to war, what's stopping her from doing anything else violent to get her way? She might as well join any other kingdom. Any sane ruler will accept her, and the public will have no idea.

The stakes for the bet had to be lower, it was a writing mistake to try to "corner" the MC with something as horrid as war.

P.S: "On the run all the time"? Even if Aisha is not as much of a monster as the MC is -- you do not simply murder a dragon's young and expect for the entire region to not be annihilated.
Quite literally: Why would she even need to run?

Did she even say how she would join the war? You’re all acting as if Nacht agree to fighting in the war and killing people. Since the princess never stated the role she would have if she was to join the war Nacht can just do something as simple as giving low ranked items to the princess as that would count as having joined the war.

Why are you immediately jumping to them killing Aisha? Just attacking and harassing them during their journey would be more than enough to ruin any enjoyment Nacht might get during their travels. Even if they don’t do stuff like that they could issue a country wide edict that would make it impossible for the two of them to stay at inns or buy food or equipment. Even if they left that country it wouldn’t stop as the other countries also wouldn’t look favorably at them for having released the demon clan.

Lastly the only disadvantage that she was sweating over was her mistake being revealed (which she is embarrassed by) and that she would possibly have problems going places with Aisha if her secret got out

Dex-chan lover
Did she even say how she would join the war? You’re all acting as if Nacht agree to fighting in the war and killing people. Since the princess never stated the role she would have if she was to join the war Nacht can just do something as simple as giving low ranked items to the princess as that would count as having joined the war.

Why are you immediately jumping to them killing Aisha? Just attacking and harassing them during their journey would be more than enough to ruin any enjoyment Nacht might get during their travels. Even if they don’t do stuff like that they could issue a country wide edict that would make it impossible for the two of them to stay at inns or buy food or equipment. Even if they left that country it wouldn’t stop as the other countries also wouldn’t look favorably at them for having released the demon clan.

Lastly the only disadvantage that she was sweating over was her mistake being revealed (which she is embarrassed by) and that she would possibly have problems going places with Aisha if her secret got out

I genuinely do not think you understand what Nacht even is....
And I'll reply in order.

1. "She can give them items, that also counts as joining the war" -- that's roundabout and pointless. If that's the aim, it is terribly written. How is that a better argument?

2. "Why are you immediately jumping to them killing Aisha? They can just harass them instead.." -- do you even listen yourself talk, mate? They'll HARASS THEM? They'll "bar" entry to them from local services? When she can destroy an entire country with a flick of her finger?
Do you just think a demigod like the MC, would just "take" the harassment and do nothing about it? Are you out of your mind?
Do you think any of the ruling bodies would want to "harass" a demigod, and expect to live to tell about it? Are you serious here? Heckling a demigod is retarded, and only reserved for F-tier villains.

3. "Other countries also wouldn't look favorbly at them for having released the demon clan" -- they'd also realize antagonizing something that's even worse than the demon clan, an existence that is otherwise affable and a bit ditzy, is a lot dumber than "harassing them". A ruler that is not an F-tier villain, would realize it's a lot better to draw Nacht into their fold, rather than antagonize her.

4. "she would possibly have problems going places with Aisha if her secret got out" -- that's only true because of what people are complaining about. The MC is a walking nuke, but acts like she's a normal person. She'd have absolutely no problem if anything would to get out, fact is -- it already has. She was threatened just this chapter, wasn't she?

Literally everything you wrote only makes sense, if you want the MC to act as a stereotypical Japanese MC who doesn't understand their own position: Having all the power in the world, but still having the mentality of a powerless citizen.

Dex-chan lover
I genuinely do not think you understand what Nacht even is....
And I'll reply in order.

1. "She can give them items, that also counts as joining the war" -- that's roundabout and pointless. If that's the aim, it is terribly written. How is that a better argument?

2. "Why are you immediately jumping to them killing Aisha? They can just harass them instead.." -- do you even listen yourself talk, mate? They'll HARASS THEM? They'll "bar" entry to them from local services? When she can destroy an entire country with a flick of her finger?
Do you just think a demigod like the MC, would just "take" the harassment and do nothing about it? Are you out of your mind?
Do you think any of the ruling bodies would want to "harass" a demigod, and expect to live to tell about it? Are you serious here? Heckling a demigod is retarded, and only reserved for F-tier villains.

3. "Other countries also wouldn't look favorbly at them for having released the demon clan" -- they'd also realize antagonizing something that's even worse than the demon clan, an existence that is otherwise affable and a bit ditzy, is a lot dumber than "harassing them". A ruler that is not an F-tier villain, would realize it's a lot better to draw Nacht into their fold, rather than antagonize her.

4. "she would possibly have problems going places with Aisha if her secret got out" -- that's only true because of what people are complaining about. The MC is a walking nuke, but acts like she's a normal person. She'd have absolutely no problem if anything would to get out, fact is -- it already has. She was threatened just this chapter, wasn't she?

Literally everything you wrote only makes sense, if you want the MC to act as a stereotypical Japanese MC who doesn't understand their own position: Having all the power in the world, but still having the mentality of a powerless citizen.
most of what you have said is right, but you failed to factor in dumb. She is ditzy and doesn't think things through. She was caught off guard and made a snap decision without thinking only based on hiding embarrassment do to her pride, which also prevents her from taking it back. This princess looked into her, she knew about her liking girls, she knew she could use that to throw her off, she knew she was prideful and would be embarrassed if a mistake got out, hell she could easily put together the reason she helped against the demons was to cover her mistake. She knew she was dealing with a idiot who doesn't think things through and pushed the right buttons to throw her off and get her to agree to that duel.
Think why did she not end with the threat, why did she ease up and put a duel as the condition. If she went with the threat and forced her Nacht would eventual think about it and get mad do to pride, but if she makes a bet and loses? Well then her pride keeps her in check instead.
And this is the best part, she knows she can get away with it up till pushing the duel, the gamble is if Nacht personally fights or not. And this wasn't that high risk of a bet ether. If Nacht personally enters the duel she wins she takes the info and leave, if she doesn't she loses the bet and will follow through do to pride. She could easily find out that Nacht spoils Aisha, and could guess Aisha would feel guilty having Nacht fight for her. So getting Aisha as the fighter instead had pretty good odds.
And think about it, she is royalty, she is used to dealing with threats that could destroy her county, leading them around with conversation and getting what she needs. Someone who doesn't think things through and has so much pride was a easy target to manipulate, and her pride wont even let her retaliate as that would admit she is dumb and got tricked.

Dex-chan lover
Revealing that she destroyed the lake and freed the demons doesnt disadvantage Nacht, it disadvantages them.

Because if she reveals Nachts doing the people will expect the kingdom to punish Nacht which would put them in direct conflic with one another, and their kingdom would lose badly. Aka it would disadvantage them, not her

Well, even if Nacht agrees to participate, that is a vague word. She never agreed to taking orders or anything. Just being there eating popcorn would be participating even if she does nothing

Dex-chan lover
I mean, Nacht is powerful enough that participating in the war is a matter of casting an end-game nuke spell and tada war is won.
"Alright, you win. Who's the enemy in this war?"
"those guys"
"Brb, 5 mins, let me just quickly nuke their capital. "
"Ok, now about that information. "

Because for Nacht, the war is not a big problem, she can end it any time she wants.

Plus nuking the other country's capital comes with a free "and you better be satisfied with my solution because that could be you".

So rather than being "threatened" about being sent to war, Nacht is really weighing which of two options is more annoying.
"Having to convince people to talk because kingdom has banned me... or casting a few war spells. "

Dex-chan lover
Huge bruh moment
Revealing that she destroyed the lake and freed the demons doesnt disadvantage Nacht, it disadvantages them.

Because if she reveals Nachts doing the people will expect the kingdom to punish Nacht which would put them in direct conflic with one another, and their kingdom would lose badly. Aka it would disadvantage them, not her

Well, even if Nacht agrees to participate, that is a vague word. She never agreed to taking orders or anything. Just being there eating popcorn would be participating even if she does nothing
The princess knows nacht is strong but she severely underestimates how op she really is
Wouldnt be surprised if this ends with a gag about the mega mind princess being completely out of the water for once
Also it does disadvantage nacht cause she doesnt want to deal with being persecuted it isnt about it actually hurting her in any way

Dex-chan lover
I disagree, take another look at the chapter, and look how Nacht "sweats" at the mention of "the pillar of fire at the lake", and believes she's at a disadvantage.
I agree with the sentiments of what other people said about the matter -- Nacht can so easily say: "Not only can you do nothing to me, if you threaten me I can just join the other side of this war if I so wish".
In fact, if anyone learns that this princess threatened Nacht, she might as well get a public execution. It really needs to be stressed how cataclysmic her existence is.

Other than that -- the only problem I have with "turning it into a game", is that if Nacht loses, she has to join a war. That's a pretty big deal.
"Oh haha teehee if I lose I have to murder thousands of people". The stakes needed to be lower for it to not be so jarring.

Except THIS country is the one Aisha's parents were confirm to be in (and possibly still are) as well as the people of the guild she's friendly with.
Even if Nacht somehow shift character to suddenly not care about the people of this town, Aisha would and that in turn would hurt Nacht's feelings.
Yeeaaaaaaaaaa, that 'threat' would tooooooootally work, especially on someone who's already established as chaotic genius with far more experience with scheming /s

Also, funny how suddenly the idea of Nacht killing people is 'bad' when earlier you think it's ok for Nacht to use the similar threat against the princess.
If you meant that to be an empty bluff...then it's even more stupid you think such obvious bluff would work.
Or that Nacht joining the war has to mean she will kill people, instead of just showing off 'how cataclysmic her existence is' as deterrent.

What do you mean you are at a disadvantage Nacht???
Just force it out of her? or I dunno, threaten her?
Or hell, just... don't take the bait fight in the first place, you are super OP! You can easily find it on your own, considering she already spilled the name of the guy who knows where Aisha's mother is!
I agree that she shouldn't have taken the fight and even then Aisha shouldn't be the one fighting. Makes no sense and kinda came out of nowhere.

However nacht has no leverage to negotiate anything. Yes she can threaten the princess/kingdom with death, but nacht is not a character to randomly kill people regardless of how powerful she is. And the princess probably already knows that.

Group Leader
Man people in this thread are really blowing this out of proportion. I hardly like how Nacht was "forced" into this, but we haven't even seen the resolution of the duel yet, and what actually ends up happening because of it. At least let the events play out in full before passing world-ending judgements on them, jeez.

Dex-chan lover
No, it really isn't. Because no one would actually bother to enforce a wanted statue on someone who can casually nuke the country. It may as well not exist.
Except that this means that she will not be able to do anything in a city. There is a variety of ways to ruin her experience in this county. Ending a war? She has massive spells, she can literally nuke their capital if needed.

Dex-chan lover
You are basically all powerful, you have the entire worlds remaining existence as leverage, what do you mean you are at a disadvantage. This is why I hate isekai powertrips that completely neglect the mental aspect of the genre.
Nacht may be powerful. Strongest even. But to hold the entire world as leverage will only make her the enemy of the world. Sure she can call the favor from adventurers, but that would make them at odds against countries that want to make use of Nacth's power. The wanted poster is the perfect example of that. So yeah, she's at the disadvantage. unless she creates her own nation and show her dominance like Ainz-sama from Overlord.
If she does that, she then has the advantage in negotiation.

Users who are viewing this thread